PDA

View Full Version : Congrats Jimmy

Charger25
08-07-2005, 02:39 AM
I just want to congratulate Jimmy D. #27 for a great run tonight. Even if the officials dq'd him, in my opinion he won the race. Way to go Jim!!! :applause:

Turbo
08-07-2005, 01:48 PM
Yeah, that was a horrible call they made. Great run Jimmy. That was your race.

racefan1
08-08-2005, 03:18 PM
Turbo, how was that a horrible call, he was 25 pounds light?... Next time, he should now his weights

AJ17x55
08-08-2005, 05:47 PM
:disgusted

Turbo
08-08-2005, 06:12 PM
Alright, let's be honest.. Jimmy doesn't have great runs like this often, but he is out there each and every week trying. And finally gets a victory and they take it away for 25 lbs... I think they should have been more flexible with that.. nothing against Kevin, congrats to him for his win. :applause:

btgoss
08-08-2005, 06:24 PM
I was happy for him getting that win, and then we I saw it was taken away I was going to ask how light he was. Would 25 lbs. really make that much of a difference? But that is what rules are for, start giving people too much "wiggle" room and you get the type of situation that we see on the LIE and the Parkways (55 becomes 65 becomes 75, becomes road rage...)

I have a question tho'. He made the comment that he bought 4 new tires for the race. Assuming he won, how much does a charger feature pay, and how much does a set of tires cost? Is it a wash, gain or loss. Just curious.

Jimmy D.
08-08-2005, 07:02 PM
First of all, I want to thank, Charlie, Roger and everyone else for your support Saturday night and Sunday at the track. Second of all, RACEFAN1, you're right, I was 25lbs under the first time over, and 21lbs the second time over. My scales always have me about 30lbs over. I know, I've heard it already from Bill D. My scales don't matter. To me a scale is a scale. There shouldn't be a 50lb. difference. Now here's another thing that could not be explained to me. Why when I go over their scales on a time trial night, am I well over, and now I'm 21-25lbs under. One of the B.B. guys told me that night, that he went over their scales earlier in the day and again later on and there was a 100lb. difference. WHY? I learned a very hard lesson. All I have to say is the officials at the scale are going to get sick of seeing me go over their scales. Now to answer your question btgoss. A set of tires is about $440.00, to win that night was I think $455.00. This is not about the money. I was DQed, so I get no points. Before the #24 dumped me under the caution last week, I was 12th in points. That dropped me to 14th. This week dropped me to 17th. Once again, THANK YOU everyone for your support. That's just as good as a win and it means a lot to us.

QUICKMC73
08-08-2005, 08:34 PM
Hey Jim, congrats on that strong run this week, you will have more, don't worry.
Now let me say a few words about the 24 car. I was really pissed off with him and his driving on Saturday night!!! I went three full laps with him, running in the high groove, and every turn he just pushed straight up into me hard!!!!!!!!!. Let's just say he probably would have hit the wall if I wasn't there to stop him!!! As you know J.D., I race as clean as possible every week, and find it hard to swallow any unnecessary contact from anybody. So I feel your pain with your run in with the 24 car. But it's a pleasure to run side by side with you and most of our hard chargers. "See ya next week". :mad: :mad:

Ace
08-08-2005, 09:13 PM
Jimmy D congrats on your win. Kevin and the 99 team, congrats to you as well. BTGOSS, TimothyHalphin.com put in extra $ in the purse this week. A regular night feature winner pays around 225.00. Sad isn't it? :mad: :disgusted :mad: :rolleyes:

Jimmy D.
08-08-2005, 09:24 PM
Thanks Brian & ACE. Brian, wasn't the 24's crew chief the one thrown out of the drivers meeting Sat.? He was there with the driver when Jimmy made it very clear he wanted the slower cars on the bottom. If he was running up top, he should've gotten the BIG BLACK FLAG. He cost me a big chunk of change last week. See you Saturday.

DAN D.
08-09-2005, 02:11 AM
CONGRATS JIMMY, maybe next week you will win another one, like Gibbs did. He had one taken away, and next week came back and won for keeps.. 25lbs?? So I guess filling up the gas tank more, drinking lots of water, maybe would have puT you there .. ya look good with the checkered flag.. :applause: