PDA

View Full Version : Thriller Info

gzenduro12
08-08-2005, 02:15 PM
I race a Grand Enduro car @ Riverhead Raceway and this is our top "stock" class. Where can I get the rules for your Thriller class. I'm wondering what adjustments I would have to make to my car? I've heard nothing but great things about Mountain from the guys who I race w/ here on LI that make the occasional trip to PA.
Greg Zaleski Jr.

Geno
08-08-2005, 02:31 PM
Here ya go:
http://mountainspeedway.com/rules/05MSFSRULES.htm

2j Late Model
08-08-2005, 02:34 PM
The best thing for you to do it go to the Mountain website (www.mountainspeedway.com) scroll all the way to the bottom of the page, and above the yellowish NEETs box there is an icon for 2005 mountain rule book. Hope this helps.

Jason 2j

gzenduro12
08-08-2005, 02:58 PM
Thanks guys..........Our two classes are very similar. Are the thrillers a weekly event? And if so, what day of the week do they run? Do they have practice, heat races and then a main? How many laps and how many cars in the main event?

2j Late Model
08-08-2005, 03:05 PM
The 8cyl thrillers and the 4cyl thrillers switch weeks. Lately both classes have been running every week. You need to keep updated with the schedule, also on the Mountain website. We race Friday nights, gates open at 5:00pm. There are two praCtices, a heat of 8 laps and a feature of 20 laps. The car counts vary from week to week from 12 to 18 cars.

Jason 2j

NJ Chick
08-09-2005, 02:14 PM
Come and play with us gzenduro12, the more the merrier! I've seen the Grands run at Riverhead, it's always a great show. If Friday nights are rough for you, we are having a Sunday race on August 21st. We'll be running the same day as the Big Dog Modified race. It starts kind of late, 5:00, but it is a non-points race for the Thrillers if you want to just come to get your feet wet.

:wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

gzenduro12
08-09-2005, 02:41 PM
As I stated previously...the grands and the thrillers are very similar.
However, after going over the thriller rules, I have some concerns.
For example: I have only the outside skin of the door (left). I have offset Aero rims (2" & 4"). My rollcage has a slightly different configuration. I have glass packs for mufflers.
I don't know if they would let me run. I can't change too much because then I could not run in my own division here on LI.
The car will pass safety regulations.
I wonder if they would let me run for the fun of it. I'm not concerned about winning any money. I just want to try new stuff, meet new people and have fun in the process.
If any body is interested..there are pictues of my car on the Jam's Riverhead section. Just go to any Enduro photo gallery.
I have a 1973 4 door cutlass supreme (black #12).
Greg Zaleski Jr.

NEETS-1
08-09-2005, 06:29 PM
Bring it up.....I'll let ya run it if ya wanna have fun.

richardpetey
08-10-2005, 12:15 AM
You guys at RH have always made me feel at home when I come there to race a Grand........................... :cool:
Greg! Come to mountain and we'll return the favor......................... :lol:
UNCLE PETEY......................... :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

gzenduro12
08-10-2005, 03:55 PM
Guys and gals of the thriller class----Check out the Riverhead Jam Enduro forum and see what happened to Bobby Pease. Looks like more and more Grand drivers will be coming to your track!!!!!!!!!
Uncle Petey......what about gear ratios? Will they have to be changed?
Greg Z

richardpetey
08-10-2005, 09:24 PM
Yeah! Poor Peaseman, DQ'ed for a trans. cooler that had been OK'ed at a meeting BEFORE the season started...................... :disgusted
Same ole' stuff at RH, if you win two in a row, they'll never let you win the third..............legal or illegal same bad call.................... :eek:
The people that run RH better look in the mirror before they mention dwindling car counts.................... :rolleyes:
As far as the best gear at Mountain, Greg, I use a manual trans. so I'm the wrong guy to ask......................... ;)
But, most of the guys that run a big thriller car are using around a 3.73 rear with a GM 350 trans in 2nd gear..................... :cool:
Hope to see you soon...................UNCLE PETEY
:wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: