PDA

View Full Version : Eric Danyluk accident at MVS.....

NEETS-1
08-14-2005, 01:30 PM
Billy,

We've never meet. My name is Bob Groff and I help Eric Danyluk out at the races at Mountain Speedway. You may, or may not have heard that Eric was in a accident at Mahoning Valley Sarurday afternoon. He was there helping the driver of his 2nd car Bob Kibler who runs at MVS.

John Bennett, who drives a modified, came into the pits for service and as I understand it Eric was helping his guys to refuel the car. Eric was standing in the back of the car between the rear tire and nerf bar when Bennett, thinking he was OK to go, put the car in reverse and ran over Eric's left foot and ankle breaking both bones in his lower leg above his ankle.

Eric's wife called me as they were en route to Lehigh Valley Hospital. I meet her in the emergency room where Eric was being treated.

Shortly before 9:00pm Eric was taken into surgery to repair both broken bones, muscular, and any other damage. The doctors also inserted a metal plate with screws to reinforce the structural integrety of his ankle.
The surgery lasted till about 2:00am and he was release from recovery at about 3:00am and taken back to his room in the hospital.

I talked to Eric this morning around 10:30am. He told me the doctor said the surgery went very well and everything looks good. He will hopefully be released from the hospital Monday or Tuesday.

With the exception of some pain and throbbing in his foot he is in good spirits and doing fine.

Please pass this information along to any of Eric's fellow racers and friends from Mountain Speedway. It will be some time before he will be able to drive at the "Mountain" again but he says he will be back in a week or two with either a backup driver in his car or he will be there as a spectator.

Regards,
Robert C. Groff, III
Design Engineering Manager
Met-Pro Corporation, Systems Division

CJfilms
08-14-2005, 03:08 PM
OUCH! Sorry to hear that happened to you, Eric. Hopefully you don't run into any major problems so you will recover quickly enough to get back out there and keep on racing! Hey, Lamoreaux won a late model race with a broken foot and I bet if the officials let you back in your car in the shape you're in, you'll probably win too!

Good luck and get well soon,
Joe the photo guy :wave:

Lori/39x
08-14-2005, 04:48 PM
Note to Eric,

Eric,
I saw your foot after the accident occurred and I can't even imagine how that must have felt! It didn't look good at all. We both wish you a speedy recovery and hope that you're feeling better very soon. We're so sorry that happened to you.

Get that foot healed up soon!
Dave & Lori Laubach/ 39x MVS Street Stock

JCenduro
08-14-2005, 07:43 PM
Eric,I hope you recover,and feel better soon.#29jcenduro :cool:

Geno
08-14-2005, 08:08 PM
Hope to see ya driving soon bud! :wave:

todd b
08-14-2005, 11:57 PM
Eric i hope you get felling better and get back in the car soon
Barbush team racing

NJ Chick
08-15-2005, 11:49 AM
Eric, we were so sorry to hear about your foot! Hope you are feeling better and that you'll be back very soon!
If you need me to drive for you in the meantime, let me know..... :lol: Just threw that in there to give you a chuckle! :applause: :wave:

Speedy Recovery!
Howie & Cindy

88racer
08-16-2005, 10:01 AM
Eric, Team 88 wishes you a speedy recovery.

Sue :wave:

17Racer
08-16-2005, 12:23 PM
eric,
get better soon and take it easy

Racing Rebel
08-16-2005, 06:09 PM
Hey Eric,
I know that we don't know each other personally, but it sucks to hear that a fellow racer was hurt. :*-( It reminds us all to take more caution ON & OFF the track. :-| Hope your back racin' soon. ;)
GET WELL SOON!!!!!!!!

Mac Brothers Racing :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: