PDA

View Full Version : Tranny Coolers

rockandrollcafe
08-17-2005, 05:27 PM
To all the guys that already contacted me about the tranny coolers-thanks for showing interest. For those who did not yet contact me- don't bother. I spoke with Bill Denniston yesterday and he told me that in no way would a rule be changed with 2 races left in the season. Bill spoke with Wayne and they do not think we should run tranny coolers. Not running coolers will make people think twice before they put a "worked $$$" tranny in their car. After it was explained to me in this manner, I have to say, I am reversing my opinion on the matter. It's all about fairness and evening out the playing field. I just want to say to all my friends, read the rules, and come the way you’re supposed to, or they're going to get you.

Rich Johnson
08-17-2005, 11:39 PM
I can understand not wanting to change the rule at this point in the season.
I disagree with the view of A cooler going "hand in hand" with a worked transmission.
A cooler is more beneficial to a $150 junk yard unit than it would be to a $1500 unit.

RACINRICH

DAN D.
08-18-2005, 11:10 AM
Racin Rich is Right I feel.
A cooler is more beneficial to a $150 junk yard unit than it would be to a $1500 unit. even though it might be worth more insurance wise on a 1,500 tranny(protecting a investment) , it is more useful and practical on a 150 clunker tranny .
WJ.. when you stated
and would keep the unit from overheating and spilling fluid on the track. I think the reason why it is not overheating causing the spill on the track its the chance of having a line or the cooler punctured causing a spill, maybe the officials if thats the concern would say tranny coolers are ok as long as they are not over 12"x12"(for example) and must be mounted on the ROOF in the center ..!!! less chance of getting punctured up there but then again i have seen many bumper reinforcement skim the top of the roof ...LOL :applause:

art11758
08-18-2005, 02:09 PM
I agree with Rich in as far as the value of the cooler. With regards to rules changes late in the season, that's fair I guess. I think the idea of a "worked" anything in an enduro car is a little out there. But if there is a big fish in the little pond it is a consideration I suppose.

Bonestock
08-18-2005, 05:01 PM
I was at the meeting.Someone (I know who)asked about trans coolers and they were OK.
Then the rules came out and we all know what they say.
At the First rules meeting, in the rain, at the tire trailer, it was agreed that roll cages are good from the center of the rear axle, to not in front of the fire wall. Then when the rules came out, they said six point only, I was told to cut-out two little kickers from the front post to the frame. (behind the firewall) This is only two examples of how rules change from the meeting to print.

btgoss
09-01-2005, 06:56 PM
I am just a fan, and do all of my racing online, so please excuse me if I my suggestion is not possible.
Why don't all the Grand Enduro drivers/owners get togther and come up with a suggested set of rules? Then give them to the track and try to work out some common ground.
I found these Pure Stock rules for Catskill Mountain http://www.catskillmountainspeedway.com/rules/rules_pure_%20stock_2005.htm

But this type of class is very common around the country. I would think this class of car is very much in-line with the Grand Enduro, and would give you someplace else to race on off weekends from Riverhead. (I guess this is the type of thing NEETS tried to do, but has since backed away from.)