PDA

View Full Version : Roty

oldschool
08-17-2005, 06:42 PM
Its been a great season for the chargers so far. Two rookies came in and took control of the division. Just wondering what people are thinking for ROTY. Kevin has two wins so far, and Justins only 20 points out of first.

allhailunc
08-17-2005, 07:27 PM
While both these 2 young lions have impressed me so far :applause: I'm going with Justin only because, while Kevin has 2 wins, Justin has been more consistent in his finishes (not to take any thunder away from Kevin though).

Jones44
08-18-2005, 06:03 AM
Kevin has looked great at times and looked like a rookie (no offense) at other times. Justin's been consistent all year. My vote goes to #22.

TITANrcr16
08-21-2005, 10:54 PM
How do they decide rookie of the year anyway, is it done by points or wins? Oh yeah, my vote goes to the 22.

unowho243
08-21-2005, 11:41 PM
I'm undecided.

Charger25
08-22-2005, 09:09 AM
I believe the officials vote the rookie of the year. I could be wrong though. If I were an official, I'd be voting for Justin.

trigger22
08-22-2005, 12:32 PM
ROTY goes by points, not by wins. Sal Accardi won a feature last year in his rookie season, yet Johnny D got it, because he finished higher in points.

chealy7296
08-22-2005, 12:53 PM
Believe it or not we (the officials) do get to vote for rookie of the year!!

Turbo
08-22-2005, 01:35 PM
We talked about this last year, and I'm pretty sure the conclusion was higher in points, because I remember them bringing up my brother winning rookie of the year because he won a feature. Meanwhile, Rob Tribuzio was higher in points. And that was the only year that happened. So I am pretty sure now it's by points. But who knows. My Vote was for the #22

pdd
08-25-2005, 12:36 AM
Both guys impressed me, Kevin with winning so quickly, and Justin being consistent, with a smooth driving style; I cant pick one. I do think with some time and Jack's teaching, Kevin will be more consistent, too. Both should be proud!

$RaceTime$
08-30-2005, 10:48 PM
I'd have to go with Justin Bonsignore. Come on now the kids 3rd in points. pretty impressive if you ask me!! :applause:

RacinRob
08-31-2005, 02:34 PM
I say co-roty's they both display excellence. Kevin with two victories and improving consistency, and Justin with steady consistency.

TITANrcr16
09-01-2005, 06:57 PM
:lol: your a funny guy.... there is no need for a co-award

RacinRob
09-04-2005, 03:50 PM
whats wrong with co winners? It's happened in other sports...they both were awEsome.

pdd
09-05-2005, 08:44 AM
Two rookie of the year awards sounds good ,both were really impressive.
:applause: :applause: :applause: :applause:

TITANrcr16
09-05-2005, 07:52 PM
racin rob, if you think about it giving them both the award just takes all the importance out of winning rookie of the year, besides, only one driver deserves it, look at the votes!
:disgusted

Turbo
09-05-2005, 08:22 PM
I wouldn't agree with co rookie of the year awards. Then you might as well split up best appearing car too, then, if there are couple good lookin cars!? There is only one rookie of the year, like Nextel Cup.. they have points. It's an all year thing here, not just a couple of races. Justin could have set himself up to have a couple of wins, just to have wins because his car is fast and he knows how to drive it. Kevin might of been a little behind early in the year, still learning, but he is starting to impress a lot more every race. He has two wins, but that is because he has had some bad luck with some races and he got handicapped a little closer to the front. Justin has had great finish after great finish, including time trial shows, running with the big dogs and holding his own, which after handicapping would make him start in the back every week. It's hard to win from the back in the Chargers.

My vote is for the #22 Justin Bonsignore and if he doesn't get it, it will be a little upsetting. Great season Justin.

You too, Kevin, great year. I can see you gettin' better each race and it's not too long 'til you get just like your dad!! (But I'll give you the worst rookie driver ever to race there!! LOLOLOL, unreal how "that guy" can say that!!)

KickItUp
09-05-2005, 08:30 PM
I think both drivers have shown maturity, and very good clean driving for their ages.. Both are more than deserving of the award..

I like the fact that Kevin has 2 wins.. It is quite an accomplishment.. And if you don't think so, as any of the numerous drivers in that division who never had a win, especially those who have been racing for many years.. So to get 2 wins in your rookie season, says a ton about his future in racing.. I also think, he had a few bad breaks, not of his doing, which threw off his consistency.. Otherwise, I think he'd be right up there in points with the 22.. One more think to add on Kevin, he is pretty underfunded.. Imagine if he was able to put tires on that car more often..

Justin is clean, consistent, and drives like a pro (as does Kevin).. But I still vote for Kevin with the 2 wins..

44chargerfan
09-06-2005, 10:31 AM
Justin Bonsignore hands down in my mind.

QUICKMC73
09-07-2005, 02:41 PM
Justin just plain out runs a smart race, every race. I would race on the outside of him anytime, because I know he will run clean and hard. He gets my vote.

Tower Man
09-19-2005, 02:53 PM
Tough decision here. There really hasn't been any consistent way of choosing ROTY. While I was there I saw one get it due to having more points and I saw one get it for a Feature win.

As Christine stated, it is voted on by all the track officials. Whoever gets the most votes, wins. Only once in all the years I was involved did that not happen. That was the year Joe Hartmann beat out Fred Vordermeir. Fred still talks about that one.

Both Justin and Kevin had superb seasons and neither should be disappointed if they don't get ROTY.

Kevin with 2 wins, hey, what can I say. Justin, 3rd in points to 2 of the winningest drivers at Riverhead. I don't have a vote and won't give my opinion here either, but they both should be proud of their efforts.