PDA

View Full Version : Figure 8 Race In NH?

DOR 58 FIGURE 8
08-18-2005, 01:02 AM
At the SAFER meeting we were talking about going away to different tracks, next year. Well, I just wanted to find out if anyone is interested in racing at Twin State Speedway, NH? I got an e-mail from the track and they are VERY interested in hosting a race for us 9/17/05. I would need a car count ASAP.

figure849
08-18-2005, 09:47 PM
Any other info, How many laps, Do they have a figure 8 division? What are their rules? What is the pay off? Do they pay tow money to out-of-towners?

DOR 58 FIGURE 8
08-19-2005, 01:04 AM
Yes, they have a Figure 8 division, 4cyl. type cars, but they want us to come there for a "Modified type" Figure 8 show, not with their Figure 8 cars, a class of our own. They are having a big show with NEMA cars :confused: which is a make-up race (rained out). I think we would go there with our rules. We are hoping for a nice pay off. About what we get at Riverhead or we are hoping for more. :applause: SAFER might start selling laps also to make up the cost for the tow. How many laps I really couldn't say, but we are trying to get everything together between SAFER & Twin State Speedway to see if we can make this a GO. I need to know ASAP a round about car count so I can give them an answer about going, :confused: as of now, I have 2 cars with a YES and 2 for MAYBE, for going.

DOR 58 FIGURE 8
08-19-2005, 11:12 PM
To make things a little easier, you can go to these web sites to check things out for yourself. I just need the figure 8 Drivers/Car Owners to get back to me ASAP with a Yes or No answer, hopefully by the middle of the week, 8/24-8/25. I've gotten 3 YES's and 3 MAYBE's. We need at least 10-12 cars to go or no one. There aren't that many Figure 8 Tracks around and here is one that wants us to come, willing to pay and it's not across the country. So let's help support Figure 8 racing and SAFER, let's all get together at make the trip as a Club!
WWW.SAFER8.com
www.twinstatespeedway.net

Sprague Racing
08-21-2005, 06:09 PM
Dor, :confused: are non-club members able to attend?

Mike Fields
08-21-2005, 08:06 PM
Hey 'Gorgeous', I already answered that one when I spoke to you on the phone. Are you going?

DOR 58 FIGURE 8
08-21-2005, 10:23 PM
Of course, :applause: The Whole Sprauge Racing Team can join us! :applause: Oh wait, You need to learn how to share those wins with the other boy's who come to play with you first. :eek: LOL :p

pappy
08-24-2005, 02:55 PM
At the SAFER meeting we were talking about going away to different tracks, next year. Well, I just wanted to find out if anyone is interested in racing at Twin State Speedway, NH? I got an e-mail from the track and they are VERY interested in hosting a race for us 9/17/05. I would need a car count ASAP.
I HOPE YOU GUYS DO THIS PAPPY

DOR 58 FIGURE 8
09-01-2005, 11:32 PM
I just found out that the race in NH is not going to happen. Due to the amount of time till the race. Mike Fields posted on the S.A.F.E.R. web site SAFER8.COM the following:
September 1--- The promoter of Twin State Speedway called us this morning. He felt that their track does not have the proper amount of time to promote the Figure 8's for a show on September 17. Therefore, the show that was tentatively planned for September 17th is off.
However, he does want to speak with us again about scheduling us for 2006 after the Riverhead Raceway 2006 schedule comes out in November. We hope to have a couple of out-of-town races set up for 2006; one at Twin State, one at Holland, and one at Kill-Kare. We hope to make one of those races a qualifying race for the Annual World Figure 8 Championship at the Indianapolis Speedrome, if it can be worked out.
Which when I thought about going, now that the gas prices skyrocketed, :mad: I was kind of glad. Hopefully, when we plan to go next season the gas prices will come down a bit (or at least then, we'll all feel like we're getting a bargain at $2.50-$3.00, compared to now). :help: :help:
Oh well, now we will have plenty of time to plan for this race, and weekend get-away.

Tower Man
09-06-2005, 02:40 PM
It's nice to see that SAFER and the Figure 8's are looking to travel. But realistically, some have trouble getting to Riverhead. And one or two of those that do go to Riverhead can't make 5 laps. Parts falling off, oil leaks, dead batteries. No one wants to see 6 cars race with 6 more parked on the back stretch.

Mike Fields
09-06-2005, 06:48 PM
But Joe, aren't those the six guys that always can drive their cars on the trailer afterwards? :lol:

Tower Man
09-09-2005, 02:58 PM
A very good correlation. Mikey, you always had a way with phrases.

DOR 58 FIGURE 8
09-13-2005, 07:29 PM
But, then again, maybe something like this would get the other cars who only make the 5 laps, to work on their cars, go out and take practice laps and become a little more familiar with their cars and the other drivers. And the drivers who leave their brains on the trailer might learn to take them on the track, very helpful when away from home, they might get lost. :help:

Because really who wants to drive 300 miles to do just 5 laps and be Black Flagged because they are leaking or parts fall off their cars. :confused: I would think that those guys would want to make their cars work, run and look it's best. This would also (hopefully) bring out the pride in all of the Figure 8 guys. Who knows this might make racing at Riverhead just a little better.

Tower Man
09-19-2005, 02:36 PM
Dor, I hope so...maybe they have a car for me. I would go and play with my old buddies.

DOR 58 FIGURE 8
09-19-2005, 05:35 PM
Hey Joe, I did have 1 or 2 guys say that they would be willing to let someone take their car to NH. But I'm not sure if that was for the race that got cancelled or if they just weren't into going. If you want, I will find out for you. BUT, you would have to promise NOT to get hurt again!! Right Linda?!!

Tower Man
09-20-2005, 02:38 PM
I can't make any promises. Linda would get the insurance money anyway. It seems everybody else lives pretty good off my money.

Hey really, find out. I'll go as long as I don't have a NASCAR committment that weekend.

I miss you guys. Maybe I'll go to the next SAFER meeting.

Hope it's not tonight, I have serious plans for tonight.

Mike Fields
09-20-2005, 04:03 PM
The next meeting is a combination meeting and picnic at the Himes Museum of Motor Racing Nostalgia in Bay Shore this Sunday at 12:00 noon. Everyone in the racing community, (drivers of all divisions, crews, car-owners, officials) (even Tour officials), fans, children, are invited!

Come on down and learn about everything from Figure 8's to our Long Island racing heritage on that day. Marty will be in his element giving tours of the Museum, and everyone will have a great time. This will happen, rain or shine!

charlie74
09-26-2005, 08:33 PM
I am from indy, I drive the #74 late-model figure-8 car, I competed in my first season of figire-8 racing in 2005, we finished 8th in the season points out of 50 cars and also got 15th in the 3-Hour, should have ran in the top 10 easily but broke a fuel pump late in the race. It would great to see some of you all here next year, it pats $30,000. I and a few guys would love to travel also, like the old days, raced in IN, MI, FL, NY, CA, OH, TN and many more states, it would be great, only if we all could afford. Keep me updated on the cars coming next year to the world championship, also if you all need help, we have a big garage that could field at least two riverhead figure-8 cars along with my two, let me now, see you next year....

Hargraves Racing 74
charlie74p@aol.com