PDA

View Full Version : Let's Help This Guy Out with Leukemia

LongIslandJam
08-19-2005, 07:26 PM
I got this in my mailbox, and since I am currently not on the Island to post it, I figure I would post it here for you guys to see. This is a heartbreaking story, so let's help this guy out.

RACING FOR A CAUSE

Hi JA, this is Annette Knotoff I am with the crew of Rusty Turbush and Phantom Racing # 17x Modified as you already know.

I am sorry this is coming to you at such a late time, but I had to make sure we received the rear yesterday and that it was put in the car and that we will be race ready for Saturday.

At this time, I need to ask a favor, or should I say a request is needed, to announce that for the next 4 weeks, on behalf of Phantom Racing, Rusty, along with his crew, will be donating all monies from our wins to the following cause and we will race for this young man, Steve Cieltaka Jr. If you could please post this on the Jam, we would greatly appreciate it.

Tom & Sharon Blydenbrugh, owners of the Phantom Racing # 17x Modified, announce that Rusty Turbush will be driving for a cause, to help with the medical bills of one of their sponsors. Karen's Deli, a proud sponsor of Phantom Racing, just found out their son has Leukemia, so now it's time for us to give back to our sponsors as a racing family. The next 4 races and wins will be in honor of Steve Cielatka Jr. Steve, at the age of 21, was diagnosed with Leukemia just 3 weeks after celebrating his 21st Birthday on July 15th 2005.

We are a Racing Family, and at this time, Phantom Racing asks that anyone or any team that wishes to make a donation to help out this young man and his family please see Annette Knotoff or Sharon Blydenburg in the pit area. Annette will also be walking around with a collection jug for anyone who would like to help with this cause. Please, we ask that you join us and Race For A Cause and help out Steve Cielatka Jr, please donate your pocket change, your win money, whatever you can spare. It would be greatly appreciated and all donations are tax deductible.

If you have any questions please e-mail me @ Modracin07rh@aol.com or call my CP 516-443-9980

We just found out Steve is in Stony Brook Hospital as of Tuesday. His white blood count dropped drastically. I have not been given an update since then, but his father will be at the track on Saturday.This is so sad...

Modracin07rh
08-22-2005, 11:39 PM
Racing for a cause! Update

All of us at from Phantom Racing would like to Thank everyone who donated for Stephen Cielatka Jr. We collected $630.00 Saturday so far. :applause: O:)
I would also like to thank our Driver Rusty Turbush and crew for working so hard in getting the Modified ready to race Saturday. Friday night the guys worked till 4 am getting the rear in, and at the track for 2 hours getting the tranny and clutch in. Great job Rusty for bringing the Modified in with a 13th place finish with out any practice. :applause: :applause:

I would also like to send a special Thank you to Bob Finan for a job well done for announcing this special cause. Mike Fields for posting this on his web site. Paul & Tracy, The Vinyl Answer for making the lettering for the back of our car at the last minute.

SEE YOU AT THE FINISH LINE!

ANNETTE KNOTOFF
PR person for Phantom Racing :cool:

allhailunc
08-23-2005, 05:27 AM
Annette-make sure I get one of those jugs so I can have it outside in the stands area-we'll make sure Bob keeps announcing.this way the people that don't go into the pit area after the races can have an opportunity to help you wonderful people. :wave:

Modracin07rh
08-23-2005, 10:02 PM
Allhailunc,
Where will you be, so I can get the jug to you? And how will I know you? If I do know you, I don't know you under this name. Please let me know. (Sorry for not knowing you under this name) E-mail me at Modracin07rh@aol.com. Thanks for you help. We need all the help and support we can get right now.

Your friend,
Annette

Mike Fields
08-23-2005, 10:14 PM
FYI--- Ron Gibbs Racing announced that they would be donating their entire proceeds from their next Charger race in a week and a half to Racing For A Cause . Great effort for them as well as the 17x team.

allhailunc
08-28-2005, 04:45 AM
Annette,
I want to hold onto the jug for another couple of weeks. Last night's crowd was a little tough and I want to be able to get what we can for Steve. If it's ok with you, I'll hold onto it until the last points night. And to my fellow "posters" & all the regulars at Riverhead, can you do us a favor, if you see either Annette or myself (can't miss me with the long mustache wandering in the pit area, or in my usual seat just before the start-finish line) stop us and help us out, even if it's just some spare pocket change. I like to think that the good Lord has given me a son that, thank God, has been blessed with good health, and I thank Him for that. Take a look at your own great kids and put yourself in Steve's parents place. Forego that extra cheeseburger or a helping of those golden brown Riverhead french fries, and stop one of us and lend a hand. You know it's going for a worthy cause & the Cieltaka family will be forever greatful for your help. Take care and see you next weekend.

Larry Murdock

Modracin07rh
08-28-2005, 04:35 PM
hello To All,

Larry, Yes holding on to the jug for us is fine..... and again let me say thank you for all your wonderful help. Its people like you who make this world a better place.

Thank you to Gina and eveyone in the Hoosier Tire area for helping out also by letting us place a jug over there as well. Keep up the good work Girls.

Thank You to Ron Gibbs and The Gibbs Racing team for there donation from next weeks charger race.

Last week the Modified was not race ready when we brought it to the track. So me being the person that I am made a phone call to one of one my friends to come over to the track to help us out. So I want to personally thank my friend Eric Abbott Crew Chief for the #13 Fig 8 car who came to the track on their off time, and in 2 hours with our crew, had that car race ready. Thanks Eric, You're a great friend.

Again, words can not express how we at Phantom Racing feel with all the help & support we have been receiving from everyone. Stephen was speechless yesterday when I saw him for a brief moment at the track, and told him everything that we have done so far. He is hoping to make it to the track before the Modified season is over, but it all depends on how he's feeling.

Again, for all of us at Phantom Racing, and on behalf of the Cielatka Family, we want to thank everyone for their help and support.

SEE YOU AT THE FINISH LINE!!!!!!!

Annette
PR Person for The Phantom Racing Team

Modracin07rh
09-05-2005, 11:44 AM
Hi Everyone, :)

Well Saturday night was a good night for our fund raiser RACING FOR A CAUSE! for Stephen. :applause: :applause: :applause:

I would like to send out a Special Thank you to the Following:
Modified #6 Tom Rogers, Crew, and Family.
Charger #44 Mark Gibbs and The Gibbs Racing team.
The Steuer Family.
The Fans out in the stands.
and of course my partner in crime, Larry Murdock.

Without your help, we would have never been able to raise the money we did.. The total form Saturday night was $1,807.00, bringing our total thus far to $ 2,823.56. One more Modified Race left! :applause: :)

Stephen was supposed to be at the track Saturday, but his Dad called and said he was not feeling well and would not be coming to the track. We are all hoping that Stephen will be there for the Last Modified Race.

All of us from The Phantom Racing Team would like to Thank everyone for their support for RACING FOR A CAUSE! We need your :help: !

SEE YOU AT THE FINISH LINE!

ANNETTE
17x MODIFIED