PDA

View Full Version : An Apology to the Fans

NJ Chick
08-23-2005, 04:55 PM
I would like to apologize to any of the fans that may have been wondering why we didn't do the Speedway Lottery this past Sunday. Upon my arrival to fill in for Sue Ziegler in handing out the tennis balls, I was told that it was decided that the lottery would not happen as they did not feel it was necessary or warranted for the day's program. :disgusted

In spite of this disparagement, we are still going to continue with the lottery for our regular shows, but it will be rotated only between the Late Models, Street Stocks, Thrillers and 4 cyl Thrillers for the rest of the season.

racedirector
08-24-2005, 02:41 PM
Who told you that it wouldn't happen? It seems that with a full crowd and a full field of cars, the fans would have really been into it even more. It was just something small to give back to the fans who supported the show. It seems like someone dropped the "ball" on this one. Is that why the mods will no longer be in the rotation anymore?

Thanks,

Ed Solt
Racedirector

NJ Chick
08-24-2005, 03:53 PM
We had extended the courtesy to the mods the week before for their qualifier show without incident, so I was rather surprised when I was told that the person in charge of the mod show for Sunday said that he was speaking for himself and for ALL of the mod drivers by saying some rather unkind words about the lottery that I don't care to repeat on the forum. I'm not exacty sure what prompted this hostility and if he really was speaking for ALL of the mod drivers, but so be it. His wish was granted and he lost out on a great opportunity for a little extra PR for the drivers. What annoys me the most about this, is that the fans lost out because of one person's opinion. :disgusted

NEETS-1
08-24-2005, 07:31 PM
NJChick...email me. Let me know what happened.