PDA

View Full Version : Mountain/MVS

NEETS-1
08-27-2005, 03:26 PM
What would you like to see happen in the co-operation of these two tracks....Let's hear your ideas.

Lad3der
08-27-2005, 03:28 PM
run the super pro trucks riverhead rules( all of them mirriors ond spotters as well)

ncupod99
08-27-2005, 06:15 PM
I've thought about this idea personally for a while now--the two tracks working together to accquire a solid, mod series sponsor, to have a named mod twin/track series--continuing to have individual track points and championships--but to have a combined points and money series for both tracks. Would hopefully see increased mod car counts and participation at both facilites. It would also hopefully be a multi-year agreement.

Racing Rebel
08-27-2005, 07:27 PM
It was great last Sunday to see all the renovations and added people. :applause: HOWEVER---if this does happen, I don't know much about the Mods or even other divisions but if the two tracks plan to run together in the future, I think that an adjustment needs to be made as far as the equality goes with the Thriller rules AND...if "Rough Riding" is to be enforced for Mountain drivers, what about the Mahoning drivers. :eek: If they were enforced for the feature last week, nobody would have won. :disgusted It was brutal!!! :eek: :eek: :eek: A few of them were up throughout the season, but Sunday was an exception. :rolleyes: From what else I've heard, the race was to be 25 laps, and after most of the Mountain regulars were demolished beyond finishing, the race was cut short. So....my point, if this is to continue, make adjustments!!! :help:
Marissa 2AM

CSLMOTORSPORTS
08-27-2005, 11:13 PM
Bring Back The Pro Stocks. All Us Pro Stock Owners Have Them Sitting In Our Shops Collecting Dust. Alternate Tracks, One Week Mountain, The Next Mvs, Back And Forth. I Have two just sitting. Just an idea. Scott Lehmann

wshultz
08-28-2005, 12:54 AM
Can't it just stay Mountain Friday nights, Mahoning Saturday nights and work something out that way, one week off everY other is kind of...well, I won't say it, if that's what's going to happen. :wave: :wave:

spier racing 93
08-28-2005, 02:49 AM
I think Mountain should stay on Friday nites, seems to be working pretty good.

Hey, how about an All-Star race for like the top 10 in points at each track? Modified, Late Model, Street Stock, Factory Stock/Thriller, 4cyl Stock/Thrillers. That might be a neat thing to do. :wave:

88racer
08-29-2005, 10:23 AM
Has there been "official" word that Mountain will NOT be running Friday nights anymore?

Sue
Team 88

dadeccles
08-29-2005, 01:28 PM
Just 1 thought(.) The 2 tracks have to work together or you will lose 1 of them, maybe both. Let the Mahoning guys run theIr tires and they will come and run(.) Stay on Fridays, it will work, trust me(.) Look at Big diamond/Lincoln/East Windsor when it was open, and Bridgeport(.) They all do ok. No point, open comp run. Post some type of reward for the mod guys who give you a months notice and then show up so you can advertise them and sell laps for $5 or $10 dollars(.) All classEs and the drivers will come(.) Have somebody go to Wall and Chemung(.) Send stuff to Stafford and Riverhead, if both tracks post lap money, and give them something in return, they will come. But you have to make it worth theIr wild (WHILE?) End of the year and everybody is tapPed. Sell laps for $5 or $10 bucks and fans can by them and the track covers the rest(.) See you October 1st Dad eccles :cool:

BlingxBling
08-29-2005, 02:22 PM
A co-operation? I think it would be interesting to go ahead and run one show two different nights. For instance, one night Mods, LM, and factory stocks (MVS's version of a thriller) run at MS and the next night SS, 4cyl, and 4 cyl pro (they have those at mvs) run at MVS, rotate them weekly. This way, both tracks are racing each weekend. You combind your pay out, agree on a set of rules that could benefit drivers, tracks, and crews. Maintain a point system that would pretty much dictate that you would have to attend both tracks race events to be eligible for any type of top ten. You try it...if it works great...if it doesn't you go back to normal. Anything is worth trying once. People will travel to attend both tracks. When I make my way out to MS, I see a lot of people that I see week in and week out at MVS.

Will something like this happen? Hmmm..I think I have a better chance of seeing Jesus, maybe even getting struck by lightning once or twice. The animosity between the two tracks is too significant, too many chiefs, hardly any indians...

Time will tell...

Geno
08-29-2005, 03:10 PM
The one thing in general that MVS has on Mountain is its location, plain & simple. A majority of drivers there can practically spit on their homes from the track. Also, just guessing here, but probably quite a few don’t have the equipment to tow to Mountain (and vice-versa). Matter of fact, check the trailer tags and see how many are legal and legit.

By no means am I saying that some drivers at MVS won’t visit Mountain, it goes both ways. Also, even though the two are fairly close, you can’t forget to factor in all the cost for travel, food, etc., etc.

Would it be great to have the two work together on something?…hell yeah! Why not start with working something out on the tires (there’s no way I can see that happening…think about the business end of it)? As others noted, take one or two divisions and alternate weeks, but to make it fair, have 3 overall points champs for those divisions. Example: MVS champ, Mountain champ & overall ‘series’ champ.

Most of all, get the driver’s opinions. It would probably not hurt to try it with a lower-budgeted division. Maybe award special points to the overall for leading laps, etc??

Lori/39x
08-29-2005, 10:22 PM
Honestly, most of the "indians" can't afford to run two nights.... and buying track tires for each (which will inevitably happen) will tap most teams out, let alone buying spares, replacements, wheels, etc.

For us, the fuel prices alone will keep us from running 2 nights. If we were right next door to at least one of the tracks, maybe. But any traveling team will be limited due to fuel prices. This past week alone, it cost us $100 to fuel up two tow vehicles to MVS, for a rainout. It's no one's fault, that's just the nature of the beast. But, I see the costs of fuel strapping many teams next year.

Just my two cents...when I go to MVS, I want to see all of our weekly divisions in one night. Likewise, I'm sure that all Mountain regulars want to see all of their weekly divisions in one night. I'm hopeful that this "cooperation" is for special shows only, not weekly changes for both tracks.

Lori/ 39x MVS Street Stock & 4 cylinder

wshultz
08-29-2005, 11:17 PM
good point, It puts more people in the stands with all the divisions. :wave: :wave: :wave:

#9SS
08-29-2005, 11:19 PM
Here is just a thought.....If there will be a dual track race, allow the fans to have a multi-track discount or have a family discount available. As they say. Its just a thought.