PDA

View Full Version : The Tackle heard round the world!

RacinRob
08-28-2005, 05:59 PM
ouch....shame to see that display. Hope everything got worked out.

spier racing 93
08-28-2005, 06:36 PM
What happened? :confused:

The Bullfather
08-28-2005, 06:39 PM
GO FLOYD FOOTBALL!!!!! lol :lol:

The Bullfather
08-28-2005, 07:13 PM
Held is nice way to put it! lol
He did break away from a few guys and "Floyd Football" had his glory days in his back of his mind (Glory days may just be one or two years ago!) had to do what he had to do! Even after they held (restrained) him, he still tried to get away! I'm kinda glad the officals and track crew took a stand. We had packed house and we didn't need to see fist fights on the track. But then again (1979), anyone remember the Daytona 500??? lol :lol: :lol:

Nascar exploits that scene all the time, as they did the Bristol race last night! :-|

robert_5_42_car
08-30-2005, 11:03 PM
Wow, who was he going after? Was it Tommy W. #00?

allhailunc
08-31-2005, 08:32 AM
Who else? He felt he had been wronged by being put into the wall and decided to venture out of the vehicle for a "parlay". His window net was already down before the cars came to a complete stop, so I'm sure he wasn't going to order from the drive-thru. I agree with a prior statement about the quick response by the track crew by "tackling" him, but thought should have gone into that, what if, during the "tackling" process, the driver got hurt being slammed into to pavement? Sure, he wanted to vent his frustrations, but that way. :disgusted

robert_5_42_car
08-31-2005, 05:34 PM
Well, did they do anything to the 00? They suspended the 35/Pete for his actions, which to me is minor. Such as being wrecked. That miGHt not sound rIGHt, but I think you get my point.