PDA

View Full Version : Class Pictures of 2005 Mountain Speedway Drivers

CJfilms
08-29-2005, 09:33 PM
This was a suggestion from Joe Grocholski in the 4 cylinder class, but I would like to expand on the idea and include ALL classes. Joe's idea was to get all of the drivers of the 4 cylinder class together at the track and have pictures taken... I like this idea and will give a FREE 8x12 picture to any driver who participates.

As I said, I want to extend this offer to ALL classes. The Thrillers and Street Stocks I'm sure will participate... Late Models ...eh kind of sketchy if we can get everyone together. Mods, plain old not likely. I usually end up taking more pictures of the mods each week than any other class and rarely sell a lot of them. I can't say anything about Joan's products, but most Mod-related items sold at the photo booth THAT I SEE go out the fan window. If the Mod drivers come together for this, the same deal applies.

My only restriction is that I want PARTICIPATION!!! I won't take an end-of-season picture to represent the drivers of "The XX Class of 2005 at Mountain Speedway" with only two/three drivers! This is another, if you want to call it, idea to help support the track, FOR THE DRIVERS BY THE DRIVERS.

With only a few more events to take aim at pulling this off successfully, we need to pick a date for each class, can have two on the same date. KOTM may be possible if people show up early enough to do this without worrying about being somewhere else in time. I will leave the decision up to the drivers to post something here, Billy will also announce something about this on Friday. My deadline will be Sept. 18th, I will have my arrangements made before then and if nothing is discussed within a class, I will NOT be rushed to make arrangements for them. I am willing to help spread the word, make the arrangements with the track and come up with some ideas for the photo shoot that day, just contact me if you have any important questions.
Saphien@hotmail.com - 267-767-4923

Like I said, Sept. 18th is the deadline for ME to know who from each class will participate. If there are 15 drivers in the class and 4 are interested, there won't be a class picture. So if you want this done, help me organize this and get everyone's support.

On a final note, these pictures will not be CAR&driver shots. Therefore you will not have to bring your car up to the track to participate, just your body! This goes for the racers who have stopped racing due to car trouble, but have been here for the majority of the season.

I hope to see everyone involved in this!
Joe the photo guy

Geno
08-29-2005, 09:38 PM
Great idea Joe (and Joe) :) BTW, where the heck were you earlier last season? LOL

Seriously, sounds like a great idea & I'll try to help get the word out :wave:

richardpetey
08-30-2005, 12:33 AM
Excellent idea Joe, do I have to wear my flameproof tux................ :confused:
UNCLE PETEY........................ :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

17Racer
08-30-2005, 05:32 AM
Great idea Joe!! :applause: :applause: :applause:
count me in :D
it would be a nice thing to have for the 2005 season and hopefully it will carry on in the seasons to come.

CJfilms
08-30-2005, 10:24 AM
Yes Uncle Petey, that's one of the reasons why I want to do this on a race day, so that everyone is in their race suits. I would put this off until the banquet so that everyone would be in formal wear, but I'm not sure how many people will attend the banquet right now.

I can tell you all this, I will have a contact sheet made up for everyone to fill out. If the idea for a banquet shoot sounds better to most people, I'll make the arrangements.

Another idea, I overlooked the most important CLASS. There will certainly be an officials photo. I will have to arrange that with Billy on Friday as well.

Racing Rebel
08-30-2005, 10:26 AM
(I'm going to speak on behalf of all of our team) Count us all in: :wave:
J-Mac 2j LM
Marissa 2AM Th
K-Mac 830 Th
Jeff 830j Th

Here is another idea, (maybe I'm speaking out of line, considering I'm not a track official but......) what about a "Track" pic. Everyone, ticket sellers, announcers, promoters, directors, officials, pic takers, and of course, Ms. Mountain ;) ? Just an idea!!!

CJfilms
08-30-2005, 11:00 AM
You're right Marissa, I should have pointed that out. That's what I meant by an 'officials' photo: office personnel, flaggers, safety, MS MOUNTAIN, promoters, directors, ticket sellers, the cooks, the announcer, the program lady and that lame a$$ photo guy will probably want to be in it as well...

...pay no attention to the signature at the end of this post...

88racer
08-30-2005, 12:41 PM
Joe I think it's a great idea, but I don't know about KOTM, since there will be all those other drivers there that we don't know, :lol: :lol: :lol: (Just kiddin, I'm such a buster, aren't I!!!)

I am suRprised, though, that there is any money left on the fan side to buy mod stuff...enough Larry Fisher night lights went out of there (or were ordered) on Friday night to light the whole track! Larry should think about getting royalties!!! :applause:

I think you two do a great job, and always enjoy seeing what you have new.

Count us in,
Sue
Team 88 LM

NJ Chick
08-30-2005, 03:15 PM
Hey whether it's racing suits or formal suits, just as long as it isn't birthday suits, count the Dr in as well! :lol:

Oh and WJ, Wild Willy does more than just cut the grass, he's part of the safety crew. He swings a mean broom, so watch out! :p

wshultz
08-30-2005, 04:22 PM
:lol: :lol: :lol:

spier racing 93
08-30-2005, 04:56 PM
Fly Willy, FLY!!! :lol:

Racing Rebel
08-30-2005, 05:02 PM
Hey Joe-I think that we were both posting at the same time that is why I didn't see that you did put officials on there as well. (Check the time of the posts).

Marissa 2AM

richardpetey
08-30-2005, 09:27 PM
Wild Willy is piloting a nitrous, injected, 800hp, big-block electro-lux with the look of real wood................................ :eek:
He also dishes out some mean kitty-litter w/o the lumps.................. :rolleyes:
UNCLE PETEY.................... :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

NEETS-1
08-31-2005, 02:28 AM
Willies' whos, whats, whys & wheres were when wet weeds were waiting with wonder who was whacking what???

Racing Rebel
08-31-2005, 08:55 AM
YOU GUYS ARE SUCH A PIECE OF WORK!!!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

wshultz
08-31-2005, 10:25 PM
ahahaah yeah you guys are funny. :D :lol: :wave: :wave: :wave:

CJfilms
09-01-2005, 02:56 PM
Relating to the new KOTM info... I will be coming around the pits this Friday with a small form for the drivers to fill out. I need to know the following info from all who are attending: DON'T RESPOND HERE!!!

Driver Name----Division----!!!HEIGHT!!!----Phone number
(optional--mailing address)

I will also provide three or so dates which should be convenient to do the pictures for the drivers to pick from.

I WOULD LIKE to know everyone's height for placement purposes, so that I can plan out a stance AHEAD of time and we can make the pictures quick and painless...hehehe.

I will most likely have a proof copy for everyone to see by the following week, but the drivers' copies will be given out at the banquet. Therefore, anyone not coming to the banquet should leave me an address to mail their copy.

See you tomorrow night!