PDA

View Full Version : 8/26 Modified Main .. must have been perfect???

DAN D.
08-31-2005, 12:44 AM
Wow three days later and no comments on the Modified Main (except the Congrats to Dan J.) from this past Saturday...must have been a perfect Modified Main?
Being That I am a close friend To Sal Accardi Jr. I have to say this.. It takes Sal a_lot to get him upset over "Racing Things" which I always admire in a driver. The names can go on for most drivers with that same outlook and state of mind. I know that I met him when he came (walked)off the track, on the ramp (below the yellow line). Being his car was Wrecked (should have said damaged). I honestly do not know what would have happened if I was not there to calm him down. Actually, I know what would have happened to him... he would have said the wrong things to the right people and he would have been penalized one way or another for his actions. It is true that the driver is responsible for his guests and crew, and unfortunately for Sal, he could not have his eyes on all of his crew and guests at that time. I feel that some things that his guests or crew said or gestured, was somewhat improper. As far as Sal is concerned, I give that Man a pat on the back for staying as clear headed as he did. I do not know at this time if there were any apologies spoken, If there was I admire the honesty that people have to apologize for their misjudgment. Also, I personally think that John Denniston did NOT wreck or Right Turn Sal deliberately, It looked like John thought he had Sal cleared and came up high. I would like to think that by now John knows when you're rubbing tires, wheel to wheel, to come down. Again I say the adrenaline rush and anticipation of the Green is overwhelming sometimes, and unless you're in that situation it is very, very hard to say what a driver did, how he did it, and why he or the car did what it did.
In closing with my thoughts, I can say if I was John, I would have apologized for what happened, just as a benefit of the doubt, and being a gentleman in the major league racing game. On the other hand, when would he have apologized? Not when Sal was fulll of rage? Maybe a phone call a day or two later? Just my thoughts on the situation that has prevailed. I know John for a few years and have always talked with him on a friendly basis. And I also admire both drivers, Sal and John, for being in the Modified division for the couple of years that they both are in it, the stumbling stones that newcomers to the mod division have to stumble upon is something that I would not look forward to being around, you have to be a very versatile person, which I do not think I could be. :rolleyes:
And when I left the track, I know that a very kind Gentleman's gesture by Bill Denniston was that a Trailer Transport flatbed was going to bring Sal's car to where he needed it to be. I do not know if Sal took that offer up by Mr. Denniston.

modified_fan
08-31-2005, 06:27 AM
Dan....Given the participants and the little fishbowl that Riverhead is.....in which we all have to swim together in this little tank week after week, sometimes it is most prudent to keep one's thoughts to one's self.

Sal.....Keep your head up young man. I too saw you from a close distance in the aftermath one huge kick in the gut (and pocketbook) night. I'd have been proud of you as if you were my son, watching you keep yourself from totally boiling over. I hope life's twists and turns even out SOON for you.

RGeeProductions
08-31-2005, 10:25 AM
Dan....Given the participants and the little fishbowl that Riverhead is.....in which we all have to swim together in this little tank week after week, sometimes it is most prudent to keep one's thoughts to one's self.

I firmly agree.....

Ace
08-31-2005, 12:31 PM
WJ I agree with you a 100%! Good luck this week Sal,it can't get much worse than this past Saturday for you. :disgusted

I'm surprised no mention of the 10x and 20 on here. Bill Park, when a car gets to the outside of him all of a sudden his car starts to push in the turns. Instead of giving Mike the outside and losing 1 spot and having a double digit point lead with 2 to go he choose to take him up. The next time when Mike is passing him on the outside maybe Bill will think twice about it.

modprincess8x
08-31-2005, 10:53 PM
We can't wait to see you Vinny, it's been awhile!

DAN D.
09-01-2005, 12:09 AM
Pink Racer ... I think depot just called and wants the mayor back to the store !!

BWR
09-01-2005, 06:46 AM
I deleted my posts, BEcause I wasn't there, and I shouldn't say anything!!!!

debbie33
09-01-2005, 07:06 AM
I understand the fish bowl thing, but I just don't get why, why, why, these guys think that the race has one lap to go on the first few laps? Sal really got boned on Saturday, he had a fast car that should have won that race.

BWR
09-01-2005, 08:29 AM
I just thought about a few things. Yes, Dan, Depot called, gotta go to the store...I'm not the mayor there, I'm only the mayor in my own world!!!! And as far as I was told from people in turn 3 and 4, he was right turned ....but as I said before, I wasn't there. But I will say this; let's go to the video tape. CAPT VIDEO has copies. I'm ordering 1 then, when I see the beginning of the race, I will then say something. And Debbie, Sal does have a great car!!!!!!SAL, I know you come on here, so with that, go and KICK BUTT, you can do it!!!!!!!!!! :D

BWR
09-02-2005, 05:01 PM
well like i said lets go to pics/video well you guys be the judge

BWR
09-02-2005, 05:06 PM
pics 3 and 4

BWR
09-02-2005, 08:10 PM
and the final 2

BWR
09-02-2005, 09:18 PM
the best for last