PDA

View Full Version : Care & Share For Victims Of KATRINA Need Our Help, Donate Your Win Money

Rubbin&Racin
09-01-2005, 03:02 PM
At this time we should all take a moment in our life to be thankful for what we have and to think of the victims that survived KATRINA and what they are dealing with in the aftermath of this disaster. I ask all Drivers to please donate your win money envelope to the American Red Cross this week. No matter where you finished in the race your donation will be of help to the victims. So when you go up to the pay out window at the end of the night, stuff your envelope in your pocket and donate it to The American Red Cross for KATRINA VICTIMS and you will feel so blessed and lucky to have raced and finished to donate this money to a good cause. Cash donations are especially helpful to victims, they allow volunteer agencies to issue cash vouchers to victims so they can meet their needs. Feel how grateful these victims will feel with your donation and out pouring love. Donate your win money to ARC 631-924-6700 or mail it to The American Red Cross, 95 Horseblock Road, PO Box 745 Yaphank, NY 11980 Remember be thankful for what you have and support those that were less fortunate. Thanks guys and ladies...Rubbin is Racin, Jo- Lokkeberg LM #84 :wave:

Rubbin&Racin
09-02-2005, 09:34 AM
:) Thanks Walt, yes it would be nice if the track donated $1.00 for each admission tomorrow night and that would kick up the fund. Hopefully the C's will read this and do it or maybe some big official will mention it to them....hint, :p hint, I know you guys read this. We all need to reach out and touch someone and show that we care and make this world a better place to live, so again I ask, reach out and donate your win money guys and ladies to the American Red Cross for all the victims of KATRINA. Good Luck to all Racing tomorrow.
Rubbin is Racin
Jo- Lokkeberg
LM #84 :wave:

Ace
09-02-2005, 05:23 PM
I think that's a great idea for the track to donate $1.00 for each paid admission for the people who lost everything in the hurricane BUT considering the charger feature winners pay hasn't increased in many years and the late model feature winner actually took a pay cut this year I think it's unlikely the track would do anything. :disgusted

Mike Fields
09-02-2005, 06:26 PM
I noticed that Thompson International Speedway has made provisions to help in the relief efforts. The press release can be found at www.longislandmotorsports.com/Press/Press-Thompson/press-thompson0905.htm.

However, President Bush stated (and emphasized) today that help should be made by "cash donations to the Salvation Army and the Red Cross". He said nothing about any canned goods, clothes, etc.

speedracer
09-02-2005, 08:24 PM
Good idea but I do not think that the track will do it because it is a good idea. Another way to collect money for the victims is to have people pass a hat through the stands Sat. and Sun. IT IS THE LEAST THEY COULD DO....

BWR
09-03-2005, 09:46 AM
Also people: KMART/WALMART/SAM'S CLUB/HOME DEPOT ARE TAKING DONATIONS!!!!!