PDA

View Full Version : its gone too far this time

pdd
09-01-2005, 10:22 PM
I thought I'd seen it all when I John Denniston hit Lou Maestri's windsheild and get a timeout like a child instead of arrested .....was I mistaken!!! Last week while our teams car was out on the track (# 9 LM ), an official decided to search our trailer and our personal vehicle!!!! Not only did he enter without permission, he opened closed cabinets, coolers, duffle bags, he even had the balls to go into our truck open glove boxes and snoop through the whole truck! When he was confronted about it, he replied " It's my track, I'll go where ever the f... I want." The last time I checked, that's what the tech area was for. All I can think of is all the times I've heard him say short track racing is dying....and he keeps on putting nails in the coffin by chasing away the very people that support it, a few at a time! Sometimes very successful teams, sometimes not so successful teams. Either way, all theire tire money is still green. How deep does this guy have the Cromarty's anyway? Although I don't know them past hello, but they seem like normal people. Think for a second what do most people react like if they catch someone in their car? I know it would be a waste of time to call the Riverhead office or send a letter, at least I've never heard of the Cromartys calling anybody to help solve a problem with an official. At this point, I'd rather not race at all, then race here ...it's close to home, it's a decent little short track, but as long as this guy is here treating the customers this way, it just isn't worth coming out for. He would not get away with this if we all stood up to him at once; just remember, this track doesn't hold the cards, we do. I know it won't happen because we all won't stand together on this or any issue, but what would the track do if we all showed up but didn't practice, or heat race, or run a feature, we just hung out and barbequed and drank all day, how long would they stay in buisness? Together we decide how this fool treats us. Separately ...enough said.

44chargerfan
09-01-2005, 11:07 PM
:disgusted

sround
09-01-2005, 11:34 PM
:applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause:

oldschool
09-02-2005, 11:56 AM
I have to check my penal law, but I think it's crimal trespass and if something is missing, it's burglary. Both are at least misdemeanor's. You should have called the cops and found something missing. They would have taken him away in handcuffs.

ReptarRacing
09-02-2005, 08:20 PM
Don,
Please clarify for everyone who the official was that went into your trailer. I could post your pm on here so that everyone can see you gave out false information. The choice is yours. I have given you enough time to do the right thing, but I can see now that you do not know how to do the right thing.
Gina

wayne
09-02-2005, 08:35 PM
# 1 You have to give the right info. Whether it was this guy or that, it was wrong. (If that's what really happened)
# 2 I don't want to get my post deleted so I will just say, if that was done to me, that person would be looking for a dentist!!! And I don't condone violence.

LongIslandJam
09-02-2005, 08:54 PM
No ILLEGAL search was conducted. Bill Denniston did NOT search through the trailer. An official DID peek (NOT rummage) around looking for illegal substances once they got hint of the illegal activities. Let's keep it to that, so the real guilty parties don't get exposed, as I don't want to embarrass folks on the forums, my job is just to set the facts straight and let the public decide on the issue.

JunkYardRacer34
09-02-2005, 09:03 PM
I guess signing your pit pass form releases you from someone goin through your personal property, no matter who went in there it is not right what if your wallet,cell phone,credit cards and money were in there and they were missen who are you gonna blame???? not sayin anyone is a thief its just bull that you cant even leave your trailer or vehicle alone because you are afraid someone is gonna go through it.BULL if you ask me riverhead is backwords.Cant wate until another track to open everyone will be better off.

An Observer
09-02-2005, 11:07 PM
Gina- I know your Brother-you've got to do, what you've got to do.

pdd
09-02-2005, 11:27 PM
As far as false info ...I know what goes on in my own trailer. No offense, Gina, you need to calm down. As far as giving me enough time to set anything staight. I actually have a company to run, so I don't have time to sit at the computer all day and post. Second ...you say in a PM to me that it was Walter that went in my trailer, not Bill....NEWS FLASH it doesn't make the least bit of difference!!! None of them had permission to be there period, thats what the tech area is for!!! And again, for all the snooping they did, they found nothing. And once more for the cheap seats...if they had turned up anything, it still doesn't excuse their actions.
Now as far as me doing the right thing .....when I first posted this thread, I did bash John Denniston about his role in the Maestri thing. I shouldn't have brought him up on this thread. I am angry with his father and he has nothing to do with that, so I apologize for that. This weekend I intend on picking up what wheels that are in the trailer that are mine, that's it. This post was just to point out to the guys that are going to continue racing there to stand up for each other, even drivers that don't get along with each other. If you set Bill straight as a group, you'll see him do what bullys always do ...mind their manners. He talks to everyone like they are garbage ..... he gets away with it one on one because it's his bat and ball, and no one can do anything about it. If you guys decided to show up and just hang out instead of get on the track ...say for 4th of July, when they have to refund a sold out night as well as pay for a pyrotechnic show, that would give him something to think about next time he opened his mouth. Again, I've had all I can stomach, as did many others / Ray Minieri /Tom St Clair/ Jay Henschel just to name a few. I'm sure there are many more. Those guys were all good racers, Ray was even a track champ !

ReptarRacing
09-03-2005, 12:22 AM
Don,
You need to calm down and reread what you wrote. You falsely accused someone of going into your trailer. You left people with the wrong impression, not me. You had time to pm me this morning, that gives you time to make the correction, but it is obvious you felt the need for people to go on believing something that was not true. Which now makes it obvious to me you are not the person I thought you were. I have said all I have to say on this subject, see everyone at the track.

Observer..which brother? Big brother or baby brother?

pdd
09-03-2005, 10:15 AM
Gina, I may be a lousy driver and a few other things, liar ain't one of 'em...
Second, as I said, when Bill was confronted about it, he didnt even deny it. His reply was "Ill go where ever the f... I want". And once again, it doesn't matter whether it was Walter or Bill. I don't want anyone that I don't call a friend going in my stuff. Think how you would feel if it was done to you? I am just another guy chewed up and spit out by these people, and I have every right to air my frustrations, as this is the only legal outlet to do it. And once more ...ON MY CHIDREN, I AIN'T LYING ABOUT THIS OR ANYTHING ELSE .

LongIslandJam
09-03-2005, 10:49 PM
Ok, this is getting into a personal battle. Iron it out yourselves rather than on the forums.

The bottom line is this:

An official did do a visual check of what was outside the trailer (confirmed by various credible witnesses). What was being searched for was the source of a "smell" related to tire softener. #9 was sent home for it as well. That's what happened although I was trying to leave a way out.

End of story... Case is closed as you guys can't seem to stay on topic.