6. #57X Bob Wink
7. #472 Steve Ellistom
8. #39 Rob Pyle
9. #62 Luke Colleran
10. #21 Pete Rabaglia

Rich Johnson
09-05-2005, 08:59 PM
I done did it again...
Threw away a perfectly good second place cause' I did not take a GOOD look at my tires...
I still had a GREAT time with my NEETS family and look foward to sharing driving dutys with my wife (Cindy) at the Femduro.
In the meantime, I will just crawl under a rock for a while. :(

RACINRICH

wade0212
09-05-2005, 09:51 PM
Today was a good day because I got two free tickets to the Femduro. :) I guess I was in the right place at the right time. A big thanks out to everyone on these forums because I would have never knew the answer to the question. The question was, "what is Pappy's last name"? Now this was like my first time in the stands since we started racing. May I use these as pit passes next time? :D
Great racing out there today everyone.
Wade

RSP
09-06-2005, 02:32 PM
Are the rest of the finishing orders going to be posted?

spier racing 93
09-06-2005, 03:06 PM
I heard that the transponders weren't working.

pitbull113
09-06-2005, 09:08 PM
How did they score all those cars with so few people?

spier racing 93
09-06-2005, 09:18 PM
I heard they just picked the top 10 to top 15 after a few laps and scored them. :confused:

MrCoffee
09-06-2005, 09:33 PM
That doesn't seem very fair. But makes sense, I saw cars that finished top ten that did not look very fast at the end of the race or spun out and still finished up in the order. But with only scoring fifteen cars I guess they had a good chance of doing well.

DelawareThunder
09-06-2005, 09:49 PM
May I assume that the $10 we all pay for the transponders will be considered a donation for the repair of the system? Don't get me wrong, I'm not mad, just curious. It's kind of a long haul for us, and with the price of fuel lately it's kind of an expensive day. I understand that these things happen without much warning. I'm sure you would have rather had them work, but we like to know where we finish regardless of how well we did or didn't do. Maybe they could be tested on "test and tune night". Just a suggestion. :confused:

Geno
09-06-2005, 11:05 PM
That’s a good point Delaware.

It was frustrating for everyone to say the least, but I have to say that Billy and the NEETS officials (along with a few other designated scorers) did a good job with the show. Was it perfect? No. But, things could have been a lot worse.

I am sorry that I can’t really answer any real questions, but can tell you that if I was running, I’d like to know exactly where I finished just for the sake of finishing. Unfortunately, that won’t happen. On the other hand, it doesn’t hurt the points (finishing outside the top 10).

Not only did the drivers have an interesting day, but the fans did as well. Thank you to all who came out to the races. There was a large crowd and regardless of the transponder situation mostly everyone seemed to have a great time in NEETS fashion. Thank you again!

PS...congrats Wade! Ya see, we have these little give a ways for something :lol: Pappy is a star :applause:

pitbull113
09-07-2005, 12:27 AM
How can you say it doesn't hurt the points? If you stopped scoring cars outside the top 15 early in the race. After 104 laps, some guys could work their way to the top 10. Especially if guys in the top 15 had trouble, which often happens in a long race with a large field.

Geno
09-07-2005, 10:53 AM
See what happens when a guy tries to answer a few questions.

I have a question: Who said only the top 15 were hand scored? Only the top 10 were 'officially' posted because they are the ones who receive the most points. 11th on back receives 50.

Now, is there a complete finishing rundown? No.

What car were you driving pitbull?

pitbull113
09-07-2005, 12:02 PM
I'm going by what Spier racing 93 posted about 10 or 15 cars being scored. I was driving the #535 in the big car race. Maybe you (Geno) can explain how we were scored and we can put this to rest?

Geno
09-07-2005, 01:07 PM
At the start of the big car race it was obvious there were transponder issues. The NEETS officials were on the radios & talked it over. Billy designated scorers (not just NEETS officials, but other track staff as well) and assigned each of them with a list of 5 or so car numbers to score. The scorers were located in the pit and grandstand towers.

At the end of each event, they gathered. First, they started with the top 10, then top 15 (for tech reasons). If needed, they would continue through the next 5, and so on. There were 2 DQ’s in the 6/8 cyl. race and none in the 4 cyl.

Last, the complete result list was not posted because of the chaos, and chance that after the top 15 or so, there would be a larger margin of error. Billy decided that only the ‘official’ top 10 get posted, because that is who gets paid and awarded more than 50 points.

Personally, I did no scoring and tried to keep tabs on who was out toward the front to keep the fans informed.

Whew! Hopefully this helps clear it up, and Ty, please ask how things went down before getting people excited.

PS...That's why earlier in this post, I complimented the people on the job they did. For not being prepared for the troubles, they did a good job.

NJ Chick
09-07-2005, 01:53 PM
Billy has a solution for the points situation that he will post very soon about that will be fair for everyone that participated. Please be patient, he will answer all of your questions and concerns as soon as he can.

We did the best we could under the circumstances with the scoring. We only found out there was problem after the cars were already on the track. Too late? You bet, but the only other solution would have been to send everyone home and I don't think anyone would have appreciated that, especially the large cars that were on the track for 45 minutes, using up their fuel, sweating their butts off and trying not to overheat their cars while management tried to figure out why the transponder system was not working. Joe Calavini, who is responsible for the entire transponder system was just as perplexed as the rest of us. We are lucky that Joe lets us use the system at all for the enduros, otherwise we would be using the old method of using scorers which we had many problems with in the past. I think we all agree that the transponder system is the most fair and more accurate method to utilize. However, nothing is infallible and this was an unforeseen problem. Things happen beyond people's control sometimes. It's very unfortunate and I know its frustrating to not know exactly where you finished, but we did the best we possibly could. No one feels worse about this than Billy. We are working on a back up plan in case this type of problem should ever arise again. I know this isn't much consolation, but just remember how much fun those laps that you raced were and that at least no one can take that enjoyment away from you. Thank you all again for your patience and understanding with a very frustrating situation for everyone involved. Hope to see you all at the next one! :wave: :wave:

spier racing 93
09-07-2005, 03:05 PM
I don't know why I am the bad guy all of a sudden. :confused: I just posted what my source told me...I didn't hear anything about the scoring setup that you stated, Geno...So I'm sorry about that.

And by the way, can anyone vertify that the transponders didn't work becuase they weren't charged up enough?

rcp_ny
09-07-2005, 03:44 PM
I think everyone did a great job given a crummy situation. Thanks all!

I also think I finished 11th, and nobody can prove me wrong! :p :lol:

And a question for pitbull113: my uncle in the stands was wondering if your car was a BMW? We thought it looked like one, and he was just in awe that someone would do that to a BMW! :)

- RCP, #519

winky417
09-07-2005, 04:09 PM
Maybe that explains why in tech I was told I finished 5th, but actually finished 6th. No prob, just would have liked to add another trophy to my collection. Just have to try harder next time.!!!!!! See ya's at the Fem-Duro, in the 57x and (Hopefully) I can get my 417 back together!!!!!! Winky417-12 Maddawg.

pitbull113
09-07-2005, 04:15 PM
Yes it is a BMW 1987 535. Do what race it? Thats what the germans had in mind.lol. I got the car from the people across the street, it was hit hard up front and the chassis is bent so it was going to the junkyard if I didn't take it. Not a bad way to live out the rest of your years as an enduro car.

rcp_ny
09-07-2005, 04:42 PM
Thanks, pitbull113, I'll pass that story on to him... he'll really enjoy it!

- RCP, #519

wade0212
09-07-2005, 06:34 PM
I was in the stands too and was in awe about someone racing a BMW.

The most important thing about this transponder stuff is did you have a fun day racing and enjoy yourself? When i will start racing i am pretty sure that i will not win or place in the top ten because of lack of driving experience but i know i will have lots of fun. Just imagine how nice of a day that would be if everyone just wanted to have fun and didn't really worry about winning.
O yea. Geno can I use the free admission passes as pit passes because i think i will be in the pits the next race? :confused:

NEETS-1
09-07-2005, 07:48 PM
Well....Thanx Cindy for stepping up and answering why things were the way they were ( and you too Geno). You are right...no one felt as bad about this as I did. This is the first time I was able to be on the computer since Monday...it had me just plain sick.
Here is my plan of action.
The top 5 in each divison were absolutely correct...there may have been an error or two in the 6 thru 10 bracket. Watching 67 cars...even by 7 or 8 people was a feat in itself. I am going to give everyone that showed up from first place on down 50 points plus their race and vacation credits. Joe Jentile and Joe Grocholski will still get the win credits. It is the only fair thing to do for everybody involved. I want to see a true count for the championship points at the banquet with no question if this event did in fact hurt or help someone. This way there will be no doubt.
This was an unfortunate event....another first in NEETS but as usual, we got it done and will learn from this situation as always.
I want to thank you all for understanding...and most of all thank my officials (and others that volunteered) for their great job on getting the job done.
I am so lucky to have all of you...the greatest people I have ever met in racing.
Thank you,

Geno
09-07-2005, 08:38 PM
No problem Ty :p . Just didn’t want things to get blown out of proportion.

Wade, they can only be used for grandstand admission.

spier racing 93
09-07-2005, 09:03 PM
I think I'll have to agree with you Walter and Geno. Billy (and crew) always has a plan to fix a problem. I guess the PM feature would have been more appropriate in this situation. Sorry guys.