PDA

View Full Version : Busch Champ Martin Truex jr. will be fined

racing#s
09-09-2005, 10:25 PM
The question is,...how much money & or points will NASCAR whack Martin Truex for? His display of his middle finger seen live on TNT to Mike Wallace tonight will certainly cost him. For those who didn't see it, Wallace admitted to not seeing him & rode Truex up high into the wall. As a result, Truex's car flipped sideways up & rode with the passenger side wheels riding on top of the outer wall, driver side of the car sliding all the way down the length of the straightaway (wild wreck). The narrators mentioned NASCAR wanted him and the crew chief to the trailer after the race. I'm guessing 25 points?

maestri fan 1
09-09-2005, 10:54 PM
I personally think it is TNT's fault because they should have been awake to censor Martin Truex. Picture this, you are a driver running for a championship and boom you have a guy not in the running pin you in the wall. I don't know but I would be uptight. O well, we will see what Nascar does about this one.

racing#s
09-09-2005, 11:27 PM
Thats true, they said earlier this year they would tape delay the races..

maestri fan 1
09-10-2005, 12:09 AM
Yeah, that's why I was surprised to see that TNT showed that.

LongIslandJam
09-10-2005, 07:37 AM
Isn't this on Cable? Does it matter? I thought FCC rulings only pertain to Network TV... They can't censor what people PAY to see.

Nevertheless NASCAR will fine Truex some amount because if it were network TV they would be in big trouble. Also I am sure TNT doesn't dig the vulgarity either.

Maybe they only use the 7-second delay for network TV and Cup. Would be smart though to use it for both.

The Bullfather
09-10-2005, 08:58 AM
ummm, we're in trouble, all the shows we love on cable will all be fined. I see worse on Rescue Me! lol

Also, I thought Joey Chitwood was out there racing!

All I thought when I saw Truex riding the wall was Saturday Night Short Track Racing!!

I'm not a huge Truex fan, but he gained a lot of respect from me last night! He was changing his driver's firesuit while riding along in the golf cart and quickly jumped into his ride after being torn apart from the Richmond backstretch wall. All he wanted to do was get back into that car and race! Did he have other motives? He knows, we don't! But still, what a scene to see that car back on the track.

He did get kinda screwed as far as hood pins, was it that in danger to come flying off with pin missing??? He might also get docked points for not coming in when being black flagged, and then they gave him the black flag with the white stripe, saying he wasn't being scored for thoses laps!

Gravel
09-10-2005, 09:04 AM
As far as the tape delay, that was on FOX and I think it pertained to victory lane only. Not totally sure.

racing#s
09-13-2005, 01:20 PM
Reigning Busch Series champion Martin Truex Jr. was penalized $10,000 and 25 points by NASCAR on Tuesday for using an obscene gesture during last week's race. Teresa Earnhardt was also whacked for 25 owner points. Pretty expensive middle finger....