PDA

View Full Version : ALL ENDURO DRIVERS ; Input please.......

racing#s
09-10-2005, 10:44 AM
I personally think only 7-8 enduro races yearly is WAY too little. Before you know it, the season's over! It goes real fast, only a suggestion... What about if the Enduros ran twice a month, instead of once monthly, 12-14 races a year?! Most all of the divisions are much lighter in car counts, run fairly quick & clean, and it's pretty well organized on the officials/checks/inspections end. I'm sure it would be able to be squeezed in to some Sat. night shows more often. What do ya'll think ?

ajsyrup
09-10-2005, 03:08 PM
I would love to race more than once a month. There really aren't enough enduro races.

taxiguyoo
09-11-2005, 12:03 AM
THAT WOULD BE GREAT!!! That would show who really has their hearts into racing. Points and championship trophies for all enduros divisons should be a thought, also.

LLBUZZY
09-13-2005, 12:09 PM
The problem is that the track doesn't feel that there is enough money in running more than once a month. As it is, attendance has been so-so and they are not going to open the gates if no one is paying to watch. I also think that the car counts don't really warrant running more than once a month. Don't get me wrong, I would love to race more often, and the key word is race. Some of those guys out there on Sunday think it's an oval demo derby. What they should do is call it pure stocks or Grand Stocks give out numbers and have a series along with the Enduros and have a few more races throughout the season. This way, if you want your Enduro-derby, you can still have it, but make a "poor man's" stock series of about 10 races. This has all been talked about before and that's how the Grands came about. The only problem is that now you have to spend money in the Grands to be competitive.

racing#s
09-13-2005, 01:12 PM
I didn't mean for additional Sunday shows. The track graciously gave each division a Sat.night show in August. I thought why not let us run with the Sat.night shows more often. I don't think we 'get in the way',most all the enduro divisions are pretty organized. As far as I know,we put on some good shows in August.To get things like this to happen we will definitelly need more responce & interest from the drivers though,3 posts don't show much interest.

art11758
09-13-2005, 01:31 PM
If you want to run more often with a Grand type car, look into the Factory Stocks at Wall. You can run a Riverhead Grand car there with a less expensive tire weekly. Just remember, there is a claim rule on the car in an effort to keep costs down and you will need a WTS license to compete.

Bonestock
09-13-2005, 04:20 PM
That's right Art. Also Thrillers at Mountain, and X-cars at Waterford on Wednesdays.

LLBUZZY
09-13-2005, 06:33 PM
How far away are these places? It takes up a whole day just to race at Riverhead. Is the added expense worth it, I have to bring my wife (scorer and #1 fan) and my 3 kids. The price of gas and food would have me broke in a month. LOL Is there anyone who goes to these other tracks on a regular basis? Also do they treat us as good as Riverhead (sarcasm) and how do the local racers treat you guys. Just curious, looking for any responses. Thanks.

richardpetey
09-13-2005, 08:20 PM
Wall is a 1 to 1& 1/2 hr trip depending on traffic and where you are located in L.I., your Grand cars would be illegal there but your regular enduros could run and they use transponders for scoring. They treat the lower divisions pretty poorly but not as bad as at Riverhead......................... :eek:
Mountain is about a 3 to 3&1/2 hr trip, your grands will be legal in the thriller division but most of the cars in the division are metric cars(much lighter than most of the grand cars), they also use transponders and they treat the drivers and crews with respect............................. :cool:
Never been to Waterford but I might sneak up there one wednesday and check it out, always wanted to race at any of the Conn. tracks......................... :help:
Other paved tracks like MVS and Catskill mountain run similar divisions but their cars are more competitive than enduros................ :confused:
UNCLE PETEY.................... :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

WEEZER
09-13-2005, 09:30 PM
I believe art that at wall the factory stocks must be fully caged, beyond the fire wall, were as the grands aren't allowed to have bars outside the fire wall or in the trunk, but at wall you probably need them.

richardpetey
09-13-2005, 10:27 PM
Walls F/S rules allow a four point cage only, no bars past front or rear firewalls..................... :eek:
You can't even have rub rails at Wall, except for the cage their F/S are closer to your stock RH enduro rules........................ :help:
They even limit the size of street tire you can use......................... :disgusted
They wouldn't even let my NEETS car through the pit gate................. :mad:
UNCLE PETEY................. :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

art11758
09-14-2005, 09:09 AM
Actually, they require the 4 point cage as well as a racing seat, fuel cell, and window net. Hence, my thought that the grands would fit in there. Forgot about those rub rails. The rules are on the WTS web site. Tow time and cost is dependant upon departure time and such. I'm a cheapskate and avoid tolls at every opportunity. If you do it on the cheap, there is just one toll, coming home. Four axles should be $8.00. WTS is a bit more fan friendly pricewise in MHO. I haven't competed in years anywhere (just doing the engineering thing), however, whenever I did compete at WTS, I never had any problems and was treated fairly.

BBUST04
09-14-2005, 12:42 PM
Hey Richard Petey, where Is Catskill Mountain Located? Do They Have A Website? Never Heard Of The Track. Thanks For Any Info.

RGeeProductions
09-14-2005, 04:59 PM
http://www.catskillmountainspeedway.com/

aka, Sullivan County, White Lake, Kauneonga Speedways!!!!

Bonestock
09-15-2005, 04:56 PM
http://www.speedbowl.com/speedpages/1superxrules.html
http://www.kalamazoospeedway.com/rules.asp?ID=9
http://www.catskillmountainspeedway.com/rules/rules_pure_%20stock_2005.htm
http://www.starspeedway.com/enduro.htm
http://www.adirondackspeedway.com/
http://www.pagodamotorcycleclub.com/files/junkcarraceinfo.asp
You want rules? Places to go, races to race!

NEETS-1
09-24-2005, 12:48 PM
www.neetstour.net

billy innes
10-09-2005, 11:15 AM
Riverhead needs better planning for race dates, Memorial Day and Labor Day are tough weekends, they might be easy for some drivers, but they want fans there. It's tough pulling family and friends from their BBQs. and I would rather race a week before or after, when there’s nothing going on.

Sat. night racing great, but in this year's stock enduro's, by the time stunt show and the 75 lap modified were done, it was pushing 11pm. Crammed us on from the parking lot, our spare tires and tools in the cars, it was a mess (I felt like the red headed step child). They need to shorten the night or extend the curfew, and get us in the pits, or skip that Sat. night.

And I like the strictly/factory stock or modified/grand stock idea, maybe running with cautions, or blunderbust type racing, but choosing a car by wheelbase, not type of car. I've read about these classes in magazines, they look really cool. Hey, if they can make enough classes, then start racing Friday nights.