PDA

View Full Version : New Division ?

racing#s
09-15-2005, 01:32 PM
How about a new enduro racing division? I run pickups at Riverhead, and just can't seem to want to run with full size Montes, Malibus for safety reasons. I would not want to be t-boned by a car that's probably 1,000 lbs heavier. We have a division, most are S-10's with 4 & some 6 cylinders, and we've had a very successful series at Riverhead. With one race left, I don't want to park the truck yet. I am sure at least 10 guys, maybe more, would make the trek from Long Island to race at Mountain Speedway, I'm sure there may be more from the PA. area, too. What do you say Billy?!

enduroracer131
09-15-2005, 04:35 PM
Sounds like a good idea to me, I would do it.

ARTS #4
09-15-2005, 06:20 PM
Great idea, let's see how many people are interested. Maybe two classes, 4cyl and 8. I'm willing to help with sponsoring it. I can round up five to ten trucks.

NEETS-1
09-15-2005, 06:52 PM
I will promote a 4/6 cyl truck enduro (no full size trucks) to run on Saturday Nov 19th on our "MUTHA' big weekend championship. It will be 50 laps or 2x the amount of trucks attending (whichever is greater).
If the event is successful...I will call it NEETS "TRUX" and schedule them regularly in 2006.
Help me out with the sponsorship and spread the word about this to get as many as we can.
Let's see what can come of this :confused:

racing#s
09-15-2005, 06:59 PM
Billy, you are the man...I'm on this already, I'll get the word out. I can assume it will be based on 'Riverhead' rules for now ?

ARTS #4
09-15-2005, 08:41 PM
Can you give us an idea about the rules? Monster rules should make it open to all, what do you think? I'll help you with sponsorship. It is now up the truck owners to make this work, put up or park'em. Billy, thanks for trying this.

NEETS-1
09-15-2005, 10:18 PM
Let's do Riverhead rules for now...because that's where most will be coming from. There are more here in Pa. that are stock that could join in.
We'll see how this goes and take it from there.
PS- Somebody should post on here the basic RH rules so others can look and see if they are legal to run, tires, wheel sizes, etc.
30 TRUX to start would be nice :wave:

racing#s
09-16-2005, 04:27 PM
As long as you download 'adobe' you can pull up the rules for the 4/6 cyl.truck enduro rules.They're at www.riverheadraceway.com

richardpetey
09-18-2005, 09:31 AM
I've never been DQ'ed in a truck, it might be another rewarding racing experience........... :eek:
Do we get paid by the mile?........................... :confused:
We could pay off in TRUX BUX...........$.................. :help:
UNCLE PETEY........................ :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

Bobby Pease
09-19-2005, 06:36 PM
Im in like flynn with the truX............

basic rules are...
stock 4 or 6 cyl motors, no weight added, 7 inch max width tires, no stagger(all same size tires), battery and fuel cell must remain in stock position or placed in center of truck bed (use your head as far as safety, A.E. no fishing string to hold battery in place)...7 inch min ride height, rub rails/nerf bars are ok, no antifreeze, no sharp edges......

cant wait till the trux 50.......

Bobby P :wave:

NEETS-1
09-19-2005, 07:26 PM
Spread this around to the truck guys....cut a 3 sided 4"x4" hole in the passenger side floor and bend the flap in to the compartment for their transponder mount location.

Also...*Are tailgates to be removed?
*Are step bumpers allowed?
*Are rub rails mandatory since government regulations do not make the manufacturers require inner door reinforcment bars?
*Are the trucks 2wd only? or can the 4wd unhook the front driveshaft?
I will be asked these questions so I want to be able to answer correctly.

woot lawrence
09-19-2005, 10:13 PM
From what I've seen at Riverhead, tailgates must stay, step bumpers are allowed, rubrails are not mandatory, & 2wd only.

Bobby Pease
09-19-2005, 10:35 PM
WOOT is correct Billy.....
rubs are not mandatory, but they are advised....

must have Muffler... C yaz soon...

Bobby P

winky417
09-29-2005, 04:56 PM
If I can find one and get it together in time, I'll do this!!! "Any 2wd small 4 or 6cyl truck right???" hmmmm. I've got some ideas!!! :) :cool:

Richie
10-04-2005, 05:59 PM
Dodge Dakota considered a small truck??????

Rich Johnson
10-04-2005, 07:11 PM
A Dodge Dakota is ok to run.
If you check the Jam classifieds...You will see some S10's for sale.

RACINRICH