PDA

View Full Version : 67

RacinRob
09-18-2005, 12:57 PM
Why were the 67 and the 1 dq'd?

W. Johnston
09-18-2005, 01:12 PM
You had to be there and obviously weren't if you are asking. They were involved in a post race incident, bumping and banging into each other all over the infield while the other cars were exiting the raceway and people were walking around for getting ready for the victory lane ceremony, a very dangerous and foolish situation. I'm sure both will realize that when they give it some thought.
I hope that answers your question thoroughly.

RacinRob
09-18-2005, 01:27 PM
Thanks W.J. Wish I could've made it, but I was in Loudon.

WEEZER
09-18-2005, 06:14 PM
What' s really a shame is all the people who where making their first visit to Riverhead that I spoke with and said it was a REALLY bad showing by the 67. Instead of leaving with a good impression and possibly wanting to come back, now they have a different view. It sucks that the track has a huge crowd only to be given a bad night of racing, except the demo. Hopefully the 67 and 1 will be given stiffer penalties than just a DQ.

RACENUT
09-18-2005, 06:46 PM
Most Of The People Were There For The Demos So I'm Sure They All Enjoyed The After Race Activities Between The 1 And The 67.

Mike Fields
09-18-2005, 10:25 PM
Weezer, we got the exact opposite reaction where we were sitting on the backstretch. When those two started going at it, a bunch of 'newbies' sitting around us started applauding and cheering.

If either of those two had gotten hurt in the on-track temper tantrum, would those idiots sitting around us have then swooned in ecstasy? What got me were that these jackasses (the only way I could get around WJ to use that particular 3-letter word) were adults in their 30's and 40's.

Gravel
09-18-2005, 10:37 PM
There is a place and time for everything. On the track, in front of a packed house, with people all around them, was NOT the place. Remember guys, we do this FOR FUN!!!

ReptarRacing
09-18-2005, 11:25 PM
So yes Mike, I am agreeing with you. (That's a first LOL)

unowho243
09-18-2005, 11:36 PM
Those Drivers ARE NOT jackasses. I would love to see what you would do if someone did YOu wrong out on the track. Would YOu just sit there and take it or would YOu give a few hits back? I think you would hit them back too and don't even bother saying otherwise, because deep down inside, every one of us would if we had the chance!
NOW THAT'S A HEAT OF THE MOMENT STATEMENT! :mad:

Also edited to remove comments on previously deleted posts of others. WJ

RGeeProductions
09-18-2005, 11:46 PM
Funny, I took the 'jackasses' comment Mike made as meaning the guys in the stands.....

allhailunc
09-19-2005, 05:43 AM
Jackasses? I have stronger thoughts-to use your vehicle, as these two good drivers did, as a way to vent your frustrations, is definitely not belonging on the track. Not one hit, but more that a few (and a "chase" around the track area to boot). Sure, frustrations set in, but as an earlier post stated, basically referred-not a good thing for first timer's to Riverhead to see. And as for Jackasses in the stands-well I resemble that remark-come on now-most of us are "arm chair QB's" on Sunday or first base coaches during the week and have our opinions. But, sometimes the best point of observation comes not from the participants, but from the viewers-remember we are not in the "frustration" mode, so while folks like Mike Fields, Reptar racing & myself may seem to be coming from left field with our observations, we sometimes, notice i say sometimes, see things with a much clearer sense than those "in the heat of the moment". :wave:

Mike Fields
09-19-2005, 12:05 PM
It's now 12:00 noon on Monday, and I just received a call from Wayne Okula who was understandably upset at my comments calling him and Artie Pedersen Jr. "jackasses". He had gotten several phone calls from people regarding what I wrote in the earlier post.

So I will clarify my comments, of which only RGee understood properly. The people that I referred to as "jackasses" were the new people who were there for the first time sitting around us in the backstretch applauding and cheering the sillyness that went on after the race had ended. To be honest, I was enraged that so-called grown adults with children were setting that type of example for their kids. How would these idiots have reacted if one of the two drivers had been seriously injured?

Racing is a real sport; not a World Wrestling Federation-type of exhibit, where everything is scripted. People do get hurt, or worse. Almost all of us on this board are involved in this sport as drivers, crews, car-owners, long-time fans, etc.

Remember how we all felt a year ago when we all heard the news about Tom Baldwin at Thompson. Do you remember what your initial reaction was when we all saw the terrible hit in the final Figure 8 race of 2004 between Mike Mujsce and Tom Kraft?

The point is that I wanted to clear up any misconception of who my comments were aimed at. Although I don't regret one word of what I wrote, I do regret not making the direction of who I pointed those comments to clear.

DAN D.
09-19-2005, 12:22 PM
Mike That was/is well clarified with your reply . Shhhhhhhhhhh if everyone is quiet you can here the crickets...????? ahhhh peace and tranquility , what a beautiful thing ...Thanks and I entered the contest on your web site you had posted in the walts thread .

W. Johnston
09-19-2005, 01:59 PM
The original intent of this thread was to answer a question about a disqualification, which I did. Some people, after misinterpreting comments by another poster, ran off without putting their minds in gear. I think I've corrected most of the problems through editing or deleting those misinformed comments, so this post will now be closed, as will the subject matter.
I apologize to both drivers for any distress this caused, as I tried to objectively state what I saw in answer to the original question, and no finger was pointed in either direction. As far as penalties, I'm sure the track officials took care of that, and spoke to both individuals, so the matter should be considered closed.