PDA

View Full Version : Let's play again,,,guess the NASCAR fine(s) ?

racing#s
09-18-2005, 04:23 PM
So, who will receive the bigger fine & or suspension? Will it be Kasey Kahne's deliberate turn into the front of Kyle Busch as a payback? Or, will it be Robby Gordon's deliberate, 'missed' attempt to ram into Michael Waltrip & the helmet toss at Waltrip (as a payback)?

The Bullfather
09-18-2005, 04:29 PM
OHHH MY!!! A CAUTION FOR A ORANGE CONE???? Is this a figure-8 race? lol, why place cones so close to the track? lol

wayne
09-18-2005, 06:13 PM
Robby Gordon saying SH$$, on tv

Charger25
09-18-2005, 06:30 PM
Yeah, sh*t on tv gets my vote. But Kasey goes and admits on tv that he ran into Kyle on purpose. That gets the dumb vote for the day .

BWR
09-18-2005, 09:38 PM
200,000 fine for kane. you smoking something walt :confused: gordon yes but not kane!!!!!!!!

DAN D.
09-18-2005, 09:46 PM
W. Johnston stated
for being stupid enough to broadcast a live interview with an emotionally upset driver (AGAIN!). That is so true, the Again part. Maybe the network gets a chunk of change if you slip and use one of the words your not supposed to? Sort of like a crap shoot and with Nascar the odds are in the networks favor to have someone slip..Well said W.J.

Mike Fields
09-18-2005, 10:20 PM
Gee, I can't wait to get the NASCAR press release on this one tomorrow. As I recall, the last time they fined someone for profanity, they didn't give that reason. I believe it was for the legendary "Actions detrimental to racing..."

BWR
09-18-2005, 10:24 PM
press release will be tuesday

LongIslandJam
09-19-2005, 05:17 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/rpm/news/story?series=wc&id=2165673

And people wonder where the revenge mentality in local short track racing comes from... Comes from their heroes... :disgusted

allhailunc
09-19-2005, 05:34 AM
For openly admitting his actions, Kasey should get the "Big one". As for Robby's actions/words-hey I remember everyone one here last year "condemniing" Jr for saying the exact same word, but in a different frame of mind. So I say 25pts (not that he has many pts) and a monetary fine for Robbie"Crash" Gordon.
The best was after the warning had been issued to all drivers & teams, the response that was givne by Matt Kenseth, when warned by his crew chief "Hey, what happened anyway? I didn't see a thing."

Mike Fields
09-19-2005, 04:51 PM
It's 5:00, and after sifting through a ton of extraneous press releases, the biggie about fines, suspensions, lashes with a wet noodle, etc. just wasn't in the cards for today. So we'll just have to sit and wait with keen anticipation until tomorrows' crop of irrelevant press releases come in...

broz
09-19-2005, 05:34 PM
As Kasey has become somewhat of a "poster child" for NASCAR these days, I think it's reasonable to assume they sit him for a week, plus fine of course. Now, as for "Crash" Gordon, I will not be surprised if they sit him the rest of the season for his actions. It makes sense they would make an example of him, because he brings absolutely nothing to the "table" except for 2 races every year. Not to mention he deserves it for being a world-class jerk :mad: JMO
Sorry all, I'll never hide my feelings about that pompous A$$.
He should just stay in the desert and play in the sand. That's where all crybabies belong, in the sand box with their toys :lol:

DAN D.
09-19-2005, 05:59 PM
are we talking about the same Gordon,,???
world-class jerk and
That's where all crybabies belong all in the same thread with the word GORDON... LOL..

DAN D.
09-19-2005, 10:31 PM
is it Gordons vodka? Oh that was not one of the Gordons , LOL or is it Gin?

BWR
09-19-2005, 10:53 PM
http://www.nascar.com/2005/news/headlines/cup/09/19/kkahne_rgordon_nh_fines/index.html

broz
09-19-2005, 11:11 PM
:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

'kin slap on the wrist...

another "consistent" ruling by NASCAR :eek:

Jeff T
09-20-2005, 08:44 AM
Yeah, those penalties will certainly deter others from doing the same (LoL). All of those fines are just lunch money for these guys. Helton, and NASCAR once again wimped out instead of sending the REAL message that they said they would. What happened to sitting someone down for 9 weeks? Guess they figure that with all the replys these incidents will get this week on tv will boost the ratings next week.

hollywoodmic
09-20-2005, 09:11 AM
They need to start it next year. If you give Kasey Kahne anything more than you gave to Dale Jarrett, you could end up in a legal deal. They have to be consistent, based on the calls they have made this year. Look what happened to the guys at Ganassi for soaking tires. They set the standard with those suspensions. People will think twice before soaking tires.......again it was the first one. If they nailed Dale Jarrett then they could do the same to Kasey and Robby Gordon. So wait until next year we'll see if they handle it the right way from the FIRST incident and make the drivers think twice.

hollywoodmic
09-20-2005, 02:07 PM
WJ I hear you and agree with you that both drivers deserve much more. Now use Riverhead as an example. JR Bertuccio rams Mike Curtis retaliates in victory lane, we get one penalty. Tommy Rogers does the same thing to Johhny D and gets a lot more, everyone was on here screaming about the 1st penalty not being enough and the 2nd being too much. What I am saying is, new season, new punishment, if it happened at the 'Head in the same year and JR and Curtis got what they got and Tommy Rogers received the same penalty he received, everyone would flip out. That was the point I was trying to make. NASCAR will never do it, in the same year. Doesn't make it right, but it makes it consistent.

hollywoodmic
09-21-2005, 11:40 AM
Point taken, and a good one at that.

LongIslandJam
09-22-2005, 06:05 AM
Here's an interesting link:

http://www.sportsline.com/autoracing/story/8874919

art11758
09-22-2005, 09:24 AM
Gee that really covers it. I cannot imagine driving in the situation Biffle described at the end of the article. On a different note, that "50 points to a guy who is in 37th place", means he has to race his way in to the final races of the season. Which could (this is out there) exclude him from events. But I doubt that's what ******* was thinking.