PDA

View Full Version : Emotions

Tower Man
09-19-2005, 02:27 PM
I know the thread about the BB race last Saturday was closed, ( and rightfully so), but I want to say one thing, (maybe 3). I did see the incident and other incidents leading up to the "event". Having been on both sides of the track, I understand the frustration which some drivers and teams go through during the heat of the moment.

I along with Kenny Hyde some years ago, (August 23, 1996), started our own "demo derby" during a Figure 8 race. We wrecked 5 innocent cars and cost one team a championship.

Looking back neither Kenny or myself was going to let the other drive off the track in one piece. It was silly foolish pride. On Monday morning, I watched the tape and realized how foolish I was and yes, I was a jackass.

But emotion took over that night. I do not condone what those 2 drivers did Saturday night. But like the old saying goes..." Been there done that!"

Hopefully, all can put this behind and move forward.

As an old friend once told me, it's a long cold winter. Let's not make it colder by arguing this point. Both drivers are good guys and very competitive. Start fresh next year.

Mike Fields
09-19-2005, 04:47 PM
Hmmm, you ended up saying three...

Tower Man
09-20-2005, 02:43 PM
I'm not good with numbers or dates. It was actually August 22nd. Something was supposed to happen on July 13th, but I'll be damned if I can remember. Anyway...life goes on and it's fun again.

Mikey..one more thing regarding your question...many of them are dead.

Mike Fields
09-20-2005, 03:58 PM
That's because they were all waiting for you to do what you said you would. But I guess we gotta wait until your season ends first.

Tower Man
09-28-2005, 03:12 PM
Good things come to those who wait. And they know who they are. Those who didn't wait, know who they are also. Ah yes...life is fun again...