PDA

View Full Version : Dear old Dad is 60

pv18
09-20-2005, 02:52 PM
Our Family would like to invite any of our NEETS friends that might be heading to the Mountain early on the 8th to stop by the parking lot to wish Bill a happy, or not so happy, 60th birthday. He has been racing since the late 60s and we could not think of a place he would rather have his party than with you all. We plan on having some food and beverages at 1:30. (non alcoholic for all you drivers!) We will also be joining Billy B afterwards for some “NEETS” fun.

Thanks,
Pat Verwys

P.S. – This is a surprise so please do not mention anything to him if you see him in passing.

Mike Fields
09-20-2005, 03:57 PM
I could think of a place he'd rather have it with all of you--- Freeport Stadium! One good thing I realized about him turning 60 is simple; he'll always be older than me! :lol:

BlingxBling
09-20-2005, 08:39 PM
Hey Pat,

That is so nice of you all to do that...I will probably make this event on time since I won't be getting plastered the night before. Would you like me to bring something or make something? I don't recall meeting you (if I did, SOOOO sorry for not remembering), but I am always up to help, especially for something of that nature....

Let me know

Mike Fields
09-20-2005, 08:42 PM
By the way, your mom called me, asking us to come out that day. So for the sake of your mom (and to rub it in that your dad is still older than me), we're planning on driving out that day.

Geno
09-20-2005, 09:04 PM
Not Verwy old at all! We'll be there early to celebrate with wild Bill :D

richardpetey
09-20-2005, 09:21 PM
Dear Ole Dad and Mike Fields appearing together on the same day....................... :eek:
Oh Baby! Breakout the geritol and the nursing home brochures because there's gonna be a new wrinkle to race talk that day.................. :help:
Only kidding, hehe, looking foward to the wheelchair fireside chats................................. :drool:
UNCLE PETEY..................... :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

pv18
09-21-2005, 08:23 AM
Bling and Friends,
We have everything under control, and thank you for the offers. I am not sure if we have met, but I have a feeling that I would have remembered. Please introduce yourself; I drive the Verwys Family #18.

Mike,
You are 100% correct that Freeport would be the place, but unfortunately an empty parking lot without a place to race just is not fun.

Petey,
It sure will be interesting watching my Dad and Mike try to tell different stories at the same time to each other...All day long.

Mike Fields
09-21-2005, 12:33 PM
What makes you think they would be different stories? Oh, that's right... I almost forgot I don't drink anymore. Yup, that'll do it!