PDA

View Full Version : Polish Hall ???

oldschool
09-21-2005, 10:54 AM
I have to give it to Riverhead Raceway, they really know how to throw a party. Is it an all you can eat buffet, that's my favorite? I heard they are looking for someone to bring a radio because there is no DJ. Nice way to show all the competitors you appreciate their business.

BWR
09-21-2005, 11:25 AM
Gotta love it. Marriott last year couldn't hold everyone that wanted to be there, now they're going to a smaller place? Makes no sense. :confused:

allhailunc
09-21-2005, 11:27 AM
Probably because you were doing too many high dives from the balcony into the pool, Mr. Mayor. (and it was empty- :lol: :lol: )

BWR
09-21-2005, 11:28 AM
I guess so, that's why I'm mayor. :lol: :lol:

broz
09-21-2005, 11:41 AM
At least you guys will be able to squeeze in a few "frames" between presentations :lol:

BWR
09-21-2005, 01:58 PM
Few frames? We (have) bowling too? :lol: :lol:

broz
09-21-2005, 02:29 PM
They still having bowling at Polish Hall, don't they?
Somebody help me out here :confused:

catfish
09-21-2005, 03:15 PM
4 lanes in the basement where the regular bar is, never bowled there but i am told it is a tough house

allhailunc
09-21-2005, 03:22 PM
I'm beginning to wonder if Mr Turbush had a hand in this :lol: :lol: ? You know Riverhead, Polish Hall, Bowling___figuring he can clean up again (lol). Hey, maybe we can have a more unique game of bowling, like hurling oneself down the lane and see how many pins you can knock down? :applause:

Turbo
09-21-2005, 05:19 PM
haha yea I bowled there last year and it is a tough house to bowl at.

jimmy'z
09-21-2005, 05:51 PM
Your last name has to end in 'ski' to bowl a good game at the hall... :D

BWR
09-21-2005, 06:18 PM
my wifes miaden name ends in ski so I CAN BOWL POLISH RULES :lol: :lol: :lol:

LongIslandJam
09-21-2005, 06:55 PM
The main reason why it was moved was due to cost. Over the years many complained about the cost of the banquet and it wasn't worth it. Now the cost is cheaper, people complain about the possible quality. Cost vs. quality is a tradeoff in everything you do. Want a really fine banquet? Prepare to spend the big bucks... You can't have your cake and eat it too.

BWR
09-21-2005, 07:05 PM
You're Right J.A. On Parts Of It! Rent A Knights Of Columbus Or A V.f.W. Hall That Can Hold More Than 200 People, Thats The Problem Here. Cater It And Get A D.J., It Would Still Be Cheaper Than The Marriott And You Could Dance & Have Fun. But Holding Only 200 People It's Wrong. A Lot of People Won't Be Able To Go Due To No Room. Is It Fair To Sponsors/crew Members/and Also Fans?! They Just Went Cheap This Time!!! People Complained About The Cost For A Few Years Now, But It Was Always Packed With More Than 200 People @ $55 A Pop, So Who Makes The Money Here? Hall Rental At The Marriott Is Less Than $10,000 For It And the Food.

allhailunc
09-21-2005, 07:13 PM
Here's what we're gonna do JA. First off, for food we gonna stop at the White Castle in Centereach and get some sacks of belly bombs. Entertainment? Well, we'll leave that in the Mayor's hands, and as for the bowling, I don't think we should. Never know where the ball might wind up. Actually, I like the new idea, while the Marriott was nice, their food sucked big time. If it's any kinda good food, I just might go; worst case, we've always got all the burger & chicken places on Rt 58. :applause:

debbie33
09-21-2005, 07:46 PM
Polish Hall has good food American & Polish, they are known for their home style sit down dinners. Bartenders leave a little to be desired grouchy old men with no personalities. Even if there was entertainment there is never really any time to go on the dance floor and dance anyway, after all of the awards and speeches there is no time left. As for the bowling I bowled there in a league and my average was 20 pins lower than my average at Wildwood Lanes, tough place to bowl.

LongIslandJam
09-21-2005, 07:47 PM
So I see the argument is about capacity... Interesting... Finding a good sized place cheap is tough... There comes that money thing again...

And don't knock regular caterers... Sometimes they do a better job than hotels (actually often times)...

It's an experiment, let's see how it pans out and if it works out good... If not, well, I guess Riverhead has to adjust somehow for next season. You never know how an idea will truly work until it's in action.

FLAT OUT
09-21-2005, 08:04 PM
Byob And Champs Bring Your Own Megaphone To Talk About Your Sponsors.

BWR
09-21-2005, 08:27 PM
Yes it's an experminent, but who loses out? The drivers/crew/sponsors. Food, ah heck, white castle sounds good to me :lol: But, all in all, why go to a place that can't hold a lot of people, that's my 2 cents.

broz
09-21-2005, 09:50 PM
Could have overflow at Doc's or Birchwood, if they're still there? Seem to remember them as great places to "gather" :lol:

RGeeProductions
09-21-2005, 10:06 PM
DOC's ???? LOL....Dodo lost that place, looking for buyers!!!! Birchwood, mmmmmmm, dunno, not the Birchwood you may remember..... Could start at East Main ST with mussels then move in a westerly fashion down Main Street!!!!!

debbie33
09-21-2005, 10:22 PM
Doc's has a business for sale sign out front, but it's out of business, so what business are you really buying? The building is rented, so your not buying that either.

modified_fan
09-22-2005, 06:39 AM
Ah....the lifetime of memories from the Polish Hall. From pop taking me to the father-son nights at his Lions club meetings....to the many, many farmer cooperative meetings and banquets....the occasional wedding....and most recently my EX (YIPPEE!!!) wife's 20th high school reunion there (which really was a BLAST).....that place has been a part of my existence.

DON'T go there with Ritz Carlton expectations and you'll be fine. For some reason, I'm just not associating our raceway group with a bunch of Ritz Carlton snobs. GO there with a down home feeling about letting your hair down with a bunch of great people in a COMFORTABLE and not stuffy atmosphere.

The food is always decent. NOTHING to rave about, but its tasty (and edible). Although it does help if you like kielbasa and sauerkraut.

I'm betting most of you will go home pleasantly surprised. I kind of wish this wasn't North/South Shootout weekend so I could go.

Jeff T
09-22-2005, 07:41 AM
JMO, but I really don't care that it is at the Polish Hall. I stated within our group that as long as RJ won the championship, I didn't care if they had the awards banquet at the Cutchogue dump! As long as he won that championship!
Bottom line is, no matter where the party is , I'm just happy to be there because we're going there as a Championship winning team.

hollywoodmic
09-22-2005, 10:10 AM
I get a kick out of some of these comments. As you guys know, I worked at the Head for years. The atmosphere of the Marriott was amazing. How many people went to the before and after parties??? From what I understand, the folks at the Marriott were not happy with the destruction of the rooms, or all the security that they needed for the after hours parties. We've all gotten a little wild after the show, like Bubba diving into the CLOSED pool area, Freddie Kraft throwing up all over the place, Joe Hartmann screaming like he was in his back yard at 1:00 in the afternoon. My point is, we are a rowdy group, did you ever think they may not have wanted us back. The last open bar party we had there I think was $75.00 a head and the non-drinkers bit*hed about paying for an open bar that they didn't drink at. Then they get rid of the open bar, drop the price and the drinkers bitc* that they have to pay for drinks. Last year, 2 weeks before the banquet, they had only sold 230 tickets. I know back in 2000 we sold 540 tickets........so where did everyone go?? If this banquet was so important to so many, where was everyone??? It's just like the track, everyone, myself included bitc*es about the place, the officials and the promoters..............wait until it's gone, then we'll really have something to bit*h about. Same thing here with the banquet, people complain about the cost, the bar, the room waivers, so it gets changed and we still bit*h. I say thanks Barbara and Jim for at least putting on a banquet for the teams. You want to go to a bigger better place next year, sell this one out first and perhaps they'll upgrade. JMHO

DAN D.
09-22-2005, 01:53 PM
HOLLYWOODMIC Is the JMHO= just my honest opinion .. at the end of your reply ?? Hey, being I am 50% Polish , I was wondering why there is so much talk about Polishing a Hall? Is it like Polishing a car ? What do you Polish in a Hall the floors? LOL . I have good memmories of the hall every year sitting with my Dad having the Polish food served at the Polsh Town Fair . Isn't Riverhead building supplies close by? you can always bring the party and dance floor to the loading docks?..JJ I think all will have a good time.

hollywoodmic
09-22-2005, 03:14 PM
Dan, just my humble opinion.

broz
09-22-2005, 03:15 PM
We might have to start another thread about that?

RGeeProductions
09-22-2005, 08:58 PM
Ah....the lifetime of memories from the Polish Hall. From pop taking me to the father-son nights at his Lions club meetings....to the many, many farmer cooperative meetings and banquets....the occasional wedding....and most recently my EX (YIPPEE!!!) wife's 20th high school reunion there (which really was a BLAST).....that place has been a part of my existence.
Lions father -son nights???? ***** I remember going to them at the Henry Perkins!!!!!!

Drumz1959
09-23-2005, 12:11 AM
The main room at the hall is large, Where is the banquet?, upstairs or downstairs. I doubt that it's downstairs. The room upstairs is pretty big. Unless your looking for pics by the pool or an indoor waterfall for the photo album the hall is a great choice. I won't be attending either way, the reason I replied was to state that the hall's main room is not small in any way.
P.S. Best of Luck to Ken Heagy at Mountain Speedway this weekend :cool:

BOWATCHER
09-23-2005, 09:10 AM
Hey RGee
Doesn't anyone here remember the 1985 Banquet at the Polish Hall?

RGeeProductions
09-23-2005, 09:15 AM
Good point Bowatcher. BTW, WELCOME BACK, moved in yet????? And time to change nick to "blewettwatcher", LOL!!!!!!!!!

BOWATCHER
09-23-2005, 09:20 AM
I think its gonna be
showatcher from now on / btw 75% done

Rubbin&Racin
09-23-2005, 12:36 PM
Oh my! :rolleyes: 3 pages over a place to eat and gather for a Banquet, unreal. Can you people just be thankful for being alive and being able to attend this without always B------- about where it is, what it looks like...just be thankful you can go and be thankful you have a car to race...just stop and smell the roses once in awhile...we get one chance at life so live it and stop your B------- where the banquet will be....go and have a good time, and while there take a look around and just be thankful to be sitting next to the person next to you and be thankful for your family, crew and another year of Racing. Eat and be merry and have Fun!!!!! :p
To Barbara and Jim... :applause: I say THANKS, if it wasn't for them we wouldn't have a race track or a banquet to attend.

Charlie's Angel
09-23-2005, 01:24 PM
Well said!! Amen!

The Bullfather
09-26-2005, 06:34 PM
We can have it in my backyard, everyone bring a grill and some meat and for non meat eaters, they can stay at home hahahaha and have a bocca burger if they bring there own grill. I have friends that are vegetarians and vegans, they are so fussy and can't have their food on a meat favored grill lol.

So what do they serve at the Polish Hall, Kobabas? :lol:

RGeeProductions
09-26-2005, 06:44 PM
Ok Bulldad, I am 100% polish, so what are you trying to say????? LOL

The Bullfather
09-26-2005, 06:53 PM
sheeeeeeeeesh lol.

At least your not a polish vegetarian. :-|

over like a lead balloon! :O)

RGeeProductions
09-26-2005, 07:08 PM
Hey, no problem anyway. I work 3 days a week for a proveyor and get veggie burgers, yum, yum!!!!! eck!!!!!!!!!!

RGeeProductions
09-26-2005, 08:38 PM
Aren't we off topic....And btw, that shows that I am human, born to make a few mistakes.....so???????

The Bullfather
09-26-2005, 08:54 PM
or my backyard! :lol:

RGeeProductions
09-26-2005, 08:58 PM
I wasn't realy pointing out a mistake, I thought maybe it was a word I was unfamiliar with. No offense meant!
Off topic? Yeah I guess so, but what more can anyone really say that they haven't already. They're either going to the banquet, going to the North-South Shootout, or staying home.
HAHAHAHAHAH, give man...........really???????????????????????????lol ololol
Not pointing out anything myself!!!!!!lololololol

btw, I go with Bullfathers and he has the DV!!!!!!!

LongIslandJam
09-26-2005, 09:10 PM
No offense to the Bullfather, but I'd rather go to the North South Shootout (it's an awesome race, hands down), but if not that, the banquet is nice. It's good to see the champs get rewarded for a hard year's work no matter where it is...

Charlie's Angel
09-26-2005, 09:25 PM
Ok I've read so much about this banquet and the hall except, when is the banquet and where exactly is this Polish Hall located??

RGeeProductions
09-26-2005, 09:39 PM
Go past Riverhead Raceway, at the traffic light take right, to Pulaski Steet, not the hard right. There are 2 roads, hard right is Mill Rd and road in between is Pulaski St. You will see when you get there, it's really a fork. Guess about 1 1/2 miles on the right is the Hall on Pulaski Street. Can't miss it.

Polish Hall, Riverhead (http://www.longislandjam.com/news/2005/polishhallmap.jpg)

broz
09-26-2005, 11:33 PM
Here this should be easy...

Directions to Polish Hall (http://maps.yahoo.com/dd_result?newaddr=&taddr=214+Marcy+Ave&csz=Mesquite%2C+TX+75150-6079&country=us&tcsz=Riverhead%2C+NY+11901-3030&tcountry=us)

:lol:

Old Man
09-27-2005, 12:52 AM
Broz, sure seems like the hard way to go once on the LIE. Seems a lot easier to go to the end of LIE RT 58 to Pulaski St. then to go from exit 71 all the way around town. How close to Dumas do you live,as I have a brother that lives there. Used to race with 'The Nose" back in the day when the track first opened up. Raced there the first 13-14 years the track was open before getting out. :cool: :cool:

BWR
09-27-2005, 01:16 AM
BROZ 25 HOURS SO ARE YOU COMING HERE ? THEN MAYBE WE GOTTA GET READY FOR A GOOD PARTY? :D :applause:

broz
09-27-2005, 01:50 AM
Oh yeah, real close "Old Man" (nothing personal, :D )
Dumas, TX (http://maps.yahoo.com/dd_result?newaddr=&taddr=&csz=Mesquite%2C+TX+75150-6079&country=us&tcsz=Dumas%2C+TX&tcountry=us)
This is a real small state, as you know. In fact if you traveled this far from where I lived you might get how far? :lol: Half Way into Canada? LMAO!!!
But, if your brother's name happens to be Frank, then I am sure I remember the name from my childhood in Riverhead. And I am from The Great Flanders as well :applause:
Unfortunately, I've never made it to Dumas :(
And NO Vinny, I am sad to report that I cannot attend the banquet this year. But I sincerely hope that with the appropriate "sponsorship" :help: , I shall make an appearance to either a Saturday Night Extravaganza or said "Banquet" in the coming year, 2006 :D
Now, back on topic....
As for next year's "Banquet", I suggest that we do it in July and it be at "Summer's" (if it's still even there?), and I'm sure my close friends and family would appreciate doing it on "Riverhead Day" (if anyone remembers that?)
G'night :wave:

Tower Man
09-27-2005, 04:07 PM
I was going to stay away from this one, but I can't. Hollywood and Rubbin, I couldn't have said it better. Some people are never happy. They wake up and look for controversy, instead of thanking God for another day.

Hollywood is not exaggerating about the ticket sales last year. At the last minute, many people were invited for free just to fill the place. Why do you think I was there? Invited for free. I congratulated the champs, ate chicken, had a couiple 7 & 7's, a jello shot and left early.

There is nothing wrong with the Polish Hall. A party is what you make out of it. Kinda like relationships. If you look for bad, you'll find it. If you seek happiness, you'll find that as well.

Go, party and enjoy. Stop complaining about the location.

Funny how many of you who are complaining about the new place are the same ones who complained about the Marriot. Never happy...

MalvertyRacing
09-30-2005, 07:52 AM
:cool: Joe, You said it right. A party is what you make of it. I never agreed with how cheap things where done anyway, but people complain about the food...you get what you pay for; they complained about the price, they lowered the price and made a cash bar...still complained. I know ourselves, we would like to pay more and have a good place, but I understand why it is at the Polish hall. How some people get at these party's, they're lucky they should get anything. It is about these drivers and crews that bust their butts off all year to go get some type of award. Congrats to all the champs and crews on a well deserved season.

Old Man
09-30-2005, 08:43 PM
Yes, Broz, I am from the great Flanders area, but my brothers name is Fred, not Frank. I see Little A all the time shopping and shoot the bull with her. Your dad probably remembers my brother from back in the day, more than you would. I see Dawn and Missy every night at 7-11 hanging out. :cool: :cool: :cool: