PDA

View Full Version : Checkered Dreams event!

88racer
09-22-2005, 10:31 AM
:wave: Our final Checkered Dreams Event will be held Sat. Oct. 8th at the Femduro.

Our first boy is Jiles, from Collegeville, PA and he's 5.
The second is Jonathan, from Hanover and he is 17. Jonathan's favorite driver is Kyle Petty. He met Kyle when he stayed at Victory Junction Gang Camp, and got to wash his mom's car with a fire hose!

Jiles wears a childs medium shirt (6-8) and Jonathan wears an adult med for any team that may be interested in giving the kids one of your shirts.

The following is a list of what we have and what we still need. I promise after the auction next year I won't have to pester you guys! :-|

We have :)
Blankets for each from Paine Racing :applause:
Helmets for each from Billy B. :applause:
Food from Carrie Snyder :applause:

We need :help:
Checkered Dreams Hat and Tshirt for each boy- $38. each ( I will take care of ordering them)
Drinks and snacks to provide to the families
A trophy for each child. It's helps if they are similar in size. I get the new plates made and they say who the trophy was donated from.

Of course if you don't have time to shop, monetary donations are always welcome!

Don't forget to keep saving those Hershey Wrappers!

Thank you in advance, your support is always outstanding! :applause: :applause:

If you need to reach me feel free to email me...suzyqst@aol.com

Sue
Checkered Dreams :wave:

88racer
10-04-2005, 09:40 AM
Uncle Petey has so generously sponsored the hats and T shirts for the kids. :applause:
Cindy Bott is once again making the kids personalized photo albums and supplying them with disposable camera's :applause:
As well as baking a cake for the families. :applause:
The trophies were once again donated by Geno. :applause:

:help: The only thing we still need help with is drinks for the families...If you are able to help either post here or feel free to call me at 610-496-3836

Thanks a bunch
Sue
Checkered Dreams

pv18
10-04-2005, 11:45 AM
Our family is planning on celebrating my father's birthday with the NEETS gang on Saturday. I am not sure if you know my mom, but she is famous for over planning. We should have more than enough food and drinks to go around and would be incredible happy to help. Please do not hesitate to stop by so we can meet the family and make them feel welcome.

Pat Verwys - 18

88racer
10-04-2005, 04:32 PM
Well that's great Thanks, and we certainly will be sure to have you drivers sign the helmet! Is he driving this time?

Sue

Geno
10-07-2005, 10:54 AM
Well Sue, hate to talk rain :disgusted …….but are you in need of any type of canopy, etc? Thought maybe it would be something to bring up. Maybe someone has an extra they would be willing to lend for the event. :p

NEETS-1
10-07-2005, 05:45 PM
Watching the weather...it's supposed to stop tomorrow morning :applause:

JCenduro
10-07-2005, 09:08 PM
My weather man said ran for the whole Northeast of PA, West to Northwest NJ,and parts of upstate NY, rain continuing all day Sat. into Sat. night with showers on and off all weekend.

Geno
10-07-2005, 09:14 PM
I think we kinda lost track of the thread, BUT in case of rain, thought some shelter would be nice for the folks. Now pray for no rain come race time & have a blast either way :)

88racer
10-07-2005, 09:21 PM
I have one canopy, but one or two more would problably be good, just in case.....

Keep praying..............

Also I need to correct something

Giles is spelled with a "G" not a "J" and I previously stated........
Sorry Giles.........

Thanks to Woot for the donation of some drinks, also.
I have spoken to both families today, and as of right now (Friday night), both still plan on attending.......

I was also informed today that tomorrow is Jonathan's mom's Birthday
Thanks
Sue
Checkered Dreams

NEETS-1
10-08-2005, 12:02 AM
Well JC Enduro...My weatherman is the NEETS weatherman and he says there's racin' goin on!!!!

JCenduro
10-08-2005, 09:37 AM
Well Billy, I never said there would be no racin', just the honest forecast, so people know what kinda rain gear to bring. NEET's forecast sounds better than mine, but from the looks of radar and national weather forecast, it just doesn't look good. :help: I would like to wish Howie and Cindy good luck, Go Gettem, and also Petey and Jackie. Good luck to all and be safe.