PDA

View Full Version : World of Outlaws Split-2006

Jeff T
09-26-2005, 09:55 AM
Did anyone hear about the split in the World of Outlaws ranks for 2006? Kinser, Lasoski and about 10 other teams are going with a new series being promoted by the Petty Racing Experience, Kyle Petty, and supposedly Tony Stewart and Kasey Kane. The WoO is signing up teams of it's own for their series as well. So far they have Donny Schatz, Kevin Dolansky and Daryn Pittman. WoO has only signed 5 teams as of the moment, but promise more news to come.
This could be very bad news for sprint car fans. Could this be another IRL/CART situation brewing? :confused:

racing#s
09-26-2005, 10:52 AM
I went to the world of outlaw site & there is some mention & info of it. If anyone's been fortunate enough to go to a world of outlaw race its SICK.They go so fast they practically fly around the track.The only problem is they never really race close to NY metro area.I wish they did it ,it probably would be much more popular.

RGeeProductions
09-26-2005, 05:13 PM
I went to the world of outlaw site & there is some mention & info of it. If anyone's been fortunate enough to go to a world of outlaw race its SICK.They go so fast they practically fly around the track.The only problem is they never really race close to NY metro area.I wish they did it ,it probably would be much more popular.
Every year they DO make a NY swing, but this year was really short. They did hit Fulton, Rolling Wheels, Lebanon Valley in NY and Grandview in NJ. They have been to Orange County and Lebanon regularly for years but guess money is not enough here to do more. Sicko racing....Williams Grove has MUCHO dates....Closest to here I guess....

Jeff T
09-26-2005, 06:37 PM
The Outlaws's ran at New Egypt, NJ a couple of times a few years ago. I went to the first outlaw race there, but was disappointed because it was a follow the leader/no passing race. NOW, Williams Grove Pa. is a different story....That place is awesome for the sprint cars. IF you stand at turn one in the infield during hot laps, you find out how big their b***s really are. They NEVER lift throughout the whole corner right into the backstretch. As they drive through the turn, there is a rooster tale of red clay shooting 50 feet straight up in the air. I'll never forget the one National Open when two things happened....first, Steve Kinser was lapping the field and on lap 12, and a lapped car drifted up and flipped him coming out of turn 2. They pushed him back to the pits, changed the wings, and put a new front axel on, without losing a lap. He went back out starting at the back of the field and ended up finishing 10th that night. The second thing was watching Keith Kauffman take the last transfer spot into the feature by passing Danny Wood at the line, start scratch (24th, I believe) on the field in the 40 lap feature and come all the way up to challenge for second, with Mark Kinser, until they wrecked going into turn 3 with 2 laps to go.
I know they are running the National Open at Williams Grove this weekend (Friday and Saturday nights). It's always a great show, but unfortunately, I will have to miss it this year.

J-Rod
09-27-2005, 05:51 PM
Hey Jeff T, i stood in the exact spot your talkinG about in turn one. Those cars are unbelievably fast. Wide open at Williams Grove all the way around, just a little brake goinG in 1 & 3. The WoO cars make a mod tour car look like they're under caution, that's the best way to describe it.

Tower Man
09-28-2005, 03:16 PM
Speed Channel did a spot about this before the race on Sunday. It appears many teams from both sides of the fence are jumping on board.

Jones44
09-29-2005, 06:08 AM
When IndyCar (IRL) split from CART, they looked crazy. But look at it now, even with a somewhat scaled-back schedule, IndyCar is thriving (much more so than CART, anyway). And when that happened, most of the big names stayed with CART. Looking at some of the names already signed on for the new outlaw series, WoO might be in trouble.....