PDA

View Full Version : NASCAR Car of Tommorow?

spier racing 93
10-04-2005, 04:23 PM
With all the talk lately of a "Car of Tomorrow" in NASCAR...What does everyone think it will be like? They say they are trying to reduce the role of aerodynamics and making a "common engine" as well, to make the driver's skills more important. Any ideas on what the body styles might be like? Any opinons on this "Car of Tomorrow"? :confused:

spier racing 93
10-04-2005, 07:14 PM
So Walter, you're suggesting that the cars have V6 engines, like they do in stock form?

And also, What do you think they'll do for the "common engine" that they are talking about?

spier racing 93
10-04-2005, 08:22 PM
I think it would be cool for "boxy" body styles again.
About the common engines...I don't know how thats going to work out. Just have to wait and see. I think it could go to a V6 engine...Think about gas prices. :-|
Also, Toyota (and maybe Honda in the future) could really mix up this whole thing. Have to see how that all plays out too. :wave:

spier racing 93
10-04-2005, 08:53 PM
What if NASCAR wants to expand to all over the world? :confused: Look how successful F1 is. :wave:

allhailunc
10-05-2005, 05:18 AM
Walt-they're already in the works-Bill Davis is going to be the first to switch over when the approval goes through-but I do agree, this is an American sport, but then again, they allowed the Toyota's in the truck series, so we have to put up with them. I say let Jimmy Spencer (we all know his feelings about the Toyota's joing the list) go out there and show them just what he thinks.

Jones44
10-05-2005, 06:01 AM
Michael Waltrip is going to lose a lot of fans over the switch. I'd love to see a Jimmy Spencer-Ward Burton team to combat the "invaders". Back to the main topic, why bother calling a car a Ford, Chevy, or Dodge if there will be a common body? Going to crate engines would greatly reduce the advantage certain teams have at the tracks where horsepower makes the biggest difference.

Ace
10-05-2005, 06:41 PM
Baseball is known as an AMERICAN sport and look how many foreigners play baseball. I'm glad to see Toyota in Nascar. I know how Jimmy Spencer feels about Toyota in Nascar, maybe he could actually win a race if he was driving a Toyota! LOL

I think that at the plate races Nascar should use a V-6 engine. The Busch series used to run them years ago.