PDA

View Full Version : Not Racing related, BUT............

Mortgage Guy
10-11-2005, 12:53 PM
On November 4th from 9pm to 12am my band "Groundswell" will be performing at the Mill House in Yaphank. It would be nice to see as many of you as possible. For those of you who have not seen us play out, we do a mix of different rocks from Eric Claton and ZZ Top to Pearl Jam, Foo Fighters and everywhere in between. No cover charge and it should be a lot of fun..Thanks

Tim Halpin

BWR
10-11-2005, 01:10 PM
hey no cover charge!!! so i can come with no covers on lol
i'll try to make it. :D :wave:

FERGBIZZ
10-11-2005, 04:16 PM
where exactly is the mill house?

Mortgage Guy
10-12-2005, 01:02 AM
Near Mill pond in Yaphank, just north of Cty Rd 101, I will get you solid directions with street names and such by tomorrow...

Tracy87BB
10-12-2005, 08:07 AM
For anyone thinking about going, I just wanted to say that I saw them play last year at Wildwood Lanes. They only played a few songs, but they were really good! There was only a very small cover charge there, but I thought it was well worth it. I found out after the fact that they had only been together for a very short time...can't wait to see how good they are now!

I guess Tim will correct me if I am wrong, but I believe if you take the LIE to exit 66 (101 - Sills Rd.) and head north, you will make a right at the traffic light on to Mill Rd. and it will basically be immediately on the left. If you are coming down Yaphank-Middle Island Rd., you will bear right around the pond (heading toward 101), and it will be on the right just before you get to the traffic light at 101. (See Tim, the "mush-brain syndrome" must have gone away, I hope!)

Mortgage Guy
10-12-2005, 10:46 AM
Those are correct, thanks Tracy...See you there

Mortgage Guy
10-31-2005, 11:34 AM
Just figured I would get this back up to the top of the board and remind everyone that we are playing this friday @ the Mill House in Yaphank and the directions are already posted in this thread (thanks Tracy). They have great food at a resonable price if you wanted to make a night out of it and come to dinner first.. Thank you all in advance.

Tim Halpin

Tracy87BB
11-03-2005, 06:50 AM
Hey Tim, you guys all ready?

Mortgage Guy
11-03-2005, 06:53 PM
Yup, we have 3 sets of 9 songs each...We should have a great time...

Tracy87BB
11-05-2005, 07:56 PM
For those of you who missed it, it was an AWESOME show! The place was packed...the band played a total of 28 songs. They had a guy who played some incredible harmonica on a few songs, and Steve Halpin even sang twice (for anyone who has not seen the Halpin brothers sing together, they're great!). It was definitely worth the trip. Tim, kudos to you and your entire band (and even your cameo participants)!

Mortgage Guy
11-06-2005, 03:13 PM
Thanks Tracy, it just would have been nice to see a little more from the racing community, but what are you going to do...We still had a great time and have been getting some real good feedback, so I'm happy..