PDA

View Full Version : KOM Results

Geno
10-16-2005, 10:08 PM
Modified (100-laps)
1. TONY HANBURY 2. Tommy Farrell 3. Earl Paules 4. Mike Andrews 5. Dave Sapienza 6. Glenn Tyler 7. John Markovic 8. Kory Rabenold 9. Ken Heagy 10. Dan Jivanelli 11. Lenny Fischer 12. Andy Walko 13. Anthony Sesely 14. Brian Defebo 15. Marissa Neiderauer 16. Wes Swartout 17. David Roys 18. Eddie Brunnhoelzl 19. CJ Jones 20. Lou Strohl 21. Kevin Kromer

Late Model (75-laps)
1. LARRY FISHER 2. Earl Paules 3. Mike Coll 4. Mike Sweeney 5. Jason Makarewicz 6. Barry Callavini 7. Geno Steigerwalt 8. Mike Radocha 9. Roger Maynor 10. Bill Pruitt 11. Joe Barbush 12. Tony Volpe 13. Jake Gualano 14. Beau Drobot 15. Robbie Kutz 16. Jason Arthofer 17. Bill Balliet 18. Jim Lamoreaux 19. Greg Steigerwalt 20. Peter Rotzi

Street Stock (50-laps)
1. DAN CASCIOLI 2. Chip Wanamaker 3. Adam Lacicero 4. Dan Marsh 5. Rodney Gruber 6. Brian Labar 7. Brad Barbush 8. Paul Frantz 9. Ron Babula 10. Scott Meckes 11. Robert Fink 12. Mike Schadder 13. Jim Yamelski 14. Don Holland 15. Bill Vanderveen 16. JR Roth 17. Todd Ahner DQ: John Bennett, Brad Kline, Robert Geibel

Thriller (40-laps)
1. BILL PRICE 2. Howie Bott 3. Richard Petey 4. Pat Verwys 5. Marissa Nelmes 6. Kevin Makarewicz 7. Steve Shultz 8. Duane Eidem 9. Caesar Cunaccia 10. Mark Paine 11. Jimmy White 12. Steve Hoffman 13. Josh Oswald

4 Cyl. Thriller (30-laps)
1. JOE GROCHOLSKI 2. Joe Heintzelman 3. Chris Meeker 4. Harry Sager 5. Dale Shoemaker 6. Jamie Damon 7. Brent Witner 8. Jimmy White 9. Bill Verwys, Sr, 10. Marc Seltzer 11. Luke Colleran DQ: Pete Verwys

BlingxBling
10-17-2005, 01:14 AM
Ringley Brothers presents...

Oh wait no, :D ...I mean Mountain Speedway Presents the King of the Mountain!!

The racing began Saturday afternoon. With the rain finally stopping, the tempatures dropping, and the wind blowing...the drivers took to the speedway to time trial for the main event. Brian Defebo, Larry Fisher, Jim Yamelski, Uncle Petey, Joe Grocholski showing that they had what it takes to grab the pole for their Big Feature race. The time trials ending early left several of us sitting around waiting for the party in which Joe Callivini (aka Daddy and Uncle Joe Joe to a few of us, Granted only Lisa (2fast4u) and Joe Cutri will understand this inside joke) had arranged for the drivers and crew. While wasting time in the pits I had a few chuckles as Billy told some stories back in the day when his children were younger, we then set vouage to the Stage Coach Inn where the party was being held. A good little get together, a few beers, a few games of quarters, a bite to eat, and before you know it midnight struck. Some carried on up to Dano's (by the way, at Dano's, if any of you had picked up my i730 Nextel Phone,$90, and my cigarettes can you please return them to me!!!).

Sunday arrived and the wind was blowing, as I made my way to the track can you believe it was actually raining in Wilkes-Barre?! Wow I was scared, but it was only a passing shower that the track never even got to see. Consi's were ran, the final contenders were determined and the big events started!

The late models started the day. Multiple accidents, a car flipping onto its roof, it took the field to get down to about 10 cars before it could finish the race. Larry Fisher went on to prove why he was the 2005 track champion. With the tempatures dropping the street stocks took to the staging area. Brad KLine and Geible showed me that they are ready for the next demo derby, oh wait, but with their expensive street stocks?! OI! Much fun and lots of entertainment. Several more incidents occured, including a red flag for a Don Holland who slammed into the front strech wall. Jon Bennett originally took the checkerd, but a slight issue in the teching area and Casioli was pronounced the winner.

As night time neared the Modifieds came out for their 100 lapper. With Defebo starting on the pole it was almost a for sure win. Going into the first two laps, the shocker happened. Defebo was passed!! By none other than CJ Jones. Jones lead until lap 11, as he came down the front stretch running a high line, he managed to get caught up in some rubble from a street stock incident and found himself spinning into turn one. With Andrews taking over the lead for a while, until Anthony Sesley took over. A few more spins took place over a portion of the race, involving Jones two more times, the last one ended his evening, for the most part the modified drivers behaved. On lap 71 several of the drivers pitted for tires and fuel (for a second I felt like I was at a NASCAR event!). Sesley and Andrews battled it out and with about 15 laps to go, Andrews got into the back end of Sesley in turn two, as they reached the straight away Sesley spun himself around! Another circus act, Sesley refused to get off the track, refused to go to the back, black flagged, went into the pits, some how finagled a way back on the track, refused to start with the cars, black flagged again!! Why wasn't he DQ'd all together? Oi! Andrews didn't have what it would take to lead the rest of the race, instead the win went to Tony Hanbury!

Bill Price took the thrillers 40 lapper. Not too much taking place in this race. Josh Oswald lost a tire, and a few other minor incidents. Howie came in 2nd and Uncle Petey in 3rd!! I am guilty of not attending the remainder event, but the numbness in my toes and hands said it was time to leave. I see a killer V was DQ'd :(

Congrats to everyone who raced! You put on a fantastic show! Can't wait until next year!!!!!! Atleast there is still ENDURO'S!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(Hey Bling, CJ led 11 laps through the same SS "rubble"...the track was clean and "rubble" free. He was loose going in the corner and lost it...simple as that. Many drivers have done it...it's not the best thing to do in the eyes of the fans and your crew...leading and spinning by yourself. You look for anything to say why it happened....been there , done that myself, lol).

*looks around* Ummmm...God, Is that you talking to me? Ha-ha! No really who wrote the message? Yes, definitely wasn't the best thing for CJ's fans and crew to see, even worse most of his big name sponsors were in the stands. Oh well, it was still a great show. Wish Andrews would have taken the checkered. 5 laps to go, the guys with tires and fuel capitalized. Again, good job to everyone, including those who put the show together. I certainly got my $30 bucks out of the two days.

wshultz
10-17-2005, 01:43 AM
it was a full moon tonight! :lol:

CJfilms
10-17-2005, 09:09 AM
I hate to be the pest here... But Willy, what is 'acorse'?

wshultz
10-17-2005, 10:35 AM
spelling error lol my bad

NEETS-1
10-17-2005, 11:17 AM
The 2005 KOTM to me was a "fan" show. The grandstands were full of spectators seeing...accidents, motors going up in smoke, wheels falling off, driver tempers, cars on their roof, numerous lead changes, passing galore on inside/outside, many long green flag runs and the best racing of the season with some of the best drivers from the Northeast.
I only wished that it was a little warmer for our dedicated fans. My hats off to them for enduring these temperatures of the night and to the drivers for putting on a great show making it worth it for them.

NEETS-1
10-17-2005, 11:36 AM
I hate to be the pest here... But Willy, what is 'acorse'?

acorse= (a-cors') noun. Goodolboys unabridged dictionary issue 1816ad definition- It is the darker pigmented valley of skin between two glutious maximus muscles on the male/female human body that runs from the small of the back south to the sphincter area usually exposed to the elements on plumbers.