PDA

View Full Version : Mountain Speedway

Mortgage Guy
10-17-2005, 06:54 AM
I have to say that I really did enjoy myself up there, outside of the results of our cars (Roys 17th head gasket & Lehmann just blatantly put in the fence and stuck with a destroyed race car). The thing they need to change is simple. With the lower divisions, they need to do one of two things, either give the driver a small mirror or let them use radios. To run the Late Model and Street Stock features took over 3 hours and combined there was less than 20 cars on the track at the finish. Why have these guys race completely blind?? They ended up wrecking a lot of nice race cars. I would rather watch someone block a little, than 2 hours of caution laps. All in all it is a place that was fun to be at, but help these drivers out.....

hollywoodmic
10-17-2005, 11:16 AM
I have a major complaint..........the race moving along well. Anthony Sesely was leading, Mike Andews was 2nd. The field had strung out and they were starting to lap cars. The #1 car drew HIS OWN CAUTION, he just parked the car on the racetrack as the leaders approached his pack of cars. No penalty, no lap lost, NOTHING. He brings out his own caution, goes to the pits first, changes 4 tires.......first car in line with 4 NEW tires and THE #1 car wins the race. At the very least, he should have been a lap down, and never had a chance to get to Mike Andrews to get the win. It should not have been allowed, I totally disagree with that ruling. Nice run by all the L.I teams, much of the L.I group all stayed at the same hotel, pitted together and had a great time. We'll be back next year............perhaps we'll bring out our own caution around lap 65 and take down the win.

BlingxBling
10-20-2005, 01:59 AM
A caution is a caution. In a regular race you aren't going to be deducted a lap, you won't be black flagged (unless you are involved in 3 incidents). Just because a driver spins, who can say he didn't get loose and not do it on purpose? My buddy CJ was leading into lap 11 and I haven't the faintest idea what the hack happened as he entered turn 1. Hanbury wasn't the only one who ducked into the pits for fuel and tires. I think that if Defebo didn't smack the wall, he would have won, he was moving and moving quick, passing 2 cars a lap. Trust me, I was cheering for Mike Andrews to hold off the pack, because if anyone, I think he deserved to win. The mistake that Mike made was not getting fresh tires on the car. Per the Whelen mod rules state that you can pit for tires and fuel, if your team is quick enough to get you out ahead of everyone else, bravo to them. Sesley, Andrews, and one other driver did not do so, and it also cost them the win. The only person who should be penalized, without being allowed to finish the race, should have been Sesley!!

W. Johnston
10-20-2005, 01:39 PM
:disgusted

badnews
10-20-2005, 02:25 PM
actually they said in the drivers meeting that if the leader got taken out they would put him back in his spot and put the guilty person to the rear of the field

hollywoodmic
10-20-2005, 02:48 PM
Bling, some good points. The 28 (CJ) he was going good, but he spun out and stopped on the track.........a legitimate caution. Hanbury, just plain stopped and drew his own caution to change tires, he was the 1st car to the pits, he was in the pits 2 minutes before anyone else even made it to the start finish line so they could pit. He was then the 1st car on 4 new tires. He was also in the group of cars that was in the process of being lapped. If he doesn't just park it, he would have lost a lap in no time. You think about this........if you're buddy CJ was leading with 10 to go, and the guy who deliberately brought out the caution to change tires blew by your car to win, how would you feel today?

BlingxBling
10-20-2005, 03:27 PM
Sure it would be logical to place him at the tail end of the pack in the event that no one else pitted, but the whole field did, with the exception of Sesley, Andrews, and one other. Putting him at the end of the longest line, they sure did, unfortunately there was only 3 cars on the track. Strategy is the key. The teams in NASCAR do it all the time. Hey, I'm not that happy that Hanbury won either. I have my favorites, one of them being Andrews. I can't say I know who any of you are to claim to be a fan, but I am just voicing my opinion. I have seen stuff like this happen and the best thing you can do is take it with a grain of salt. All I am saying is this, maybe Tony did take himself out, maybe he didn't. In his position would any of you have done the same? Probably. I know if I were driving, I would. Watching Andrews getting blown by with 10 to go sucked!! If it wasn't Hanbury, it would have been Farrell or Paules. Either which way, everyone did a great job. Instead of frowning upon the outcome, pat each other on the back because you all put one heck of a show on. Yes, CJ was running fantastic, but his car was pushing high and he got out of the groove, and well, you all saw what happens when your car is a little high. Luckily no one else hit him. Next year is another year, and I hope I get to learn who you all are by then so I can cheer you on too!!

hollywoodmic
10-20-2005, 04:52 PM
Again, I don't want to beat a dead horse, but..............Hanbury didn't take himself out, he didn't spin, he didn't wreck, HE JUST STOPPED to bring out the caution. The point I'm making is he should have been put last after the field was re-aligned. I just don't feel he should have been given a free pass, and have been able to keep the best spot to re-start. I know Andrews couldn't hold on; at that point, Who could?? All in all great race, good time and I'll be back next year. Bling, I was with the 79 car, David Roys, we had a great car, but blew a head gasket. See ya next year.

BlingxBling
10-20-2005, 05:18 PM
Actually, I am almost positive that Hanbury dumped it going into turn 1. Almost backing it into the wall. I get forgetful, so maybe I am thinking of something different (I am under stress the past few days). I know Sesley was playing games in the fourth turn where he stopped dead. So many cars that look alike... :help:

Hollywoodmic, sorry to hear about the headgasket thing. Where does David Roys race? The only time I ever get a chance to see those from LI is when they venture on down to Mountain or MVS for big races or ROC races. I am planning some wild trips next year to get into NY to see the races, as well as to Wall (if I ever figure out how to get there).

SpeedyMS
10-20-2005, 05:57 PM
The 1 car just parked his car in turn one and got the caution.

Fat Albert
10-20-2005, 06:25 PM
W. Johnston No mention of anyone being 'taken out' here, just that the car stopped on the track, and yellow flew.

No mention, but Sesely was taken out while leading and I believe his argument was that he should go back to the lead and Andrews should have been sent to the rear, like they said they would do at the pre-race meeting.

BlingxBling
10-20-2005, 07:30 PM
Ok Hanbury didn't start on the pole! Sesley was in the lead when Hanbury brought out the caution on lap 71(when all but 3 cars hit the pits for tires and fuel). Hanbury came out and was like 4th on the start. Somewhere around lap 85 the incident between Sesley and Andrews took place, around lap 90 Hanbury took over the lead from Andrews.

Geno
10-20-2005, 07:44 PM
Well, I don't have anything to do with calls, but here's the gist of it:

The #1 did spin (by himself) in turn one on lap 72. The #11 was leading at the time.

He pitted with the others & restarted 4th behind the #11, #10x & #36. On lap 85, the #11 spun out of two and the 10X inherited the lead.

#1 took the lead from the 10X on lap 92.

BTW....Nice to see ya back behind the wheel Dave!

BlingxBling
10-21-2005, 11:40 AM
Ok, this is what happened....on lap 71/72 the cars were racing for postion, as Tony Hanbury entered turn 1, he spun out (see I knew I wasn't imagining things, Thank you Geno). The caution came out, he ducked into the pits(he wasn't a lap down, the leader didn't pass him). Since the caution was out, the entire pack went into the pits, with the exception of Anthony Sesley, Mike Andrews, and the #36. Tony Hanbury was the first one back out on the track after getting new tires and fuel, which placed him 4th. Caution laps WERE NOT counted. Even in the event that Hanbury intentionally caused the incident, the caution was out before he ducked into the pits. It was not a 2 minute stretch that he was in there before the other drivers (30 seconds at most), because the others were as far back as the back stretch and as close to turn 3/4 when the caution came out and they too went into the pits (which the pit entrance is right before turn 1) as soon as that caution flag flew. For a second I wasn't even sure what was going on, almost appeared like the race was over, that is how quick they went in. So basically Hanbury was positioned correctly. How can you place a driver in the rear of an entire field when all the other cars are in the pits as well? Should the tracks offer a time frame that would close the pits until a pace vehicle resumes the pack? Maybe this is something that can be fixed into the rules for next year, but as of this year it wasn't a rule.

RGeeProductions
10-21-2005, 11:45 AM
Sorry but at ALL tracks I have been to, you spin, caution is thrown for your spin, YOU LOSE POSITION. From all I have read here, he caused caution but kept position. Clear and simple. OK, now something was brought up that wasn't said earlier. It seems pits were immediately open and field was not realigned before anyone was allowed into pits. Explains a lot and I think this should be looked into for fairness to all in the future.