PDA

View Full Version : Steve PARK

BOWATCHER
10-17-2005, 08:06 PM
Steves truck owner parks the 62? other websites reporting

Ace
10-17-2005, 08:17 PM
Hey Bowatcher
Seems that Dodge is cutting back big time in the truck series. I think the only team getting help from Dodge is Bobby Hamilton racing. I'm very surprised that they aren't staying with the team of Musgrave and Spencer. As far as Steven goes, his contract is up this year, and besides his win earlier in the year he has done nothing. Hopefully he can get in something good next year.

RacinRob
10-17-2005, 09:50 PM
Steve gets a raw deal wherever he goes. I'm sure he will re-surface somewhere and do well....I'm pulling for him.

Tracy87BB
10-17-2005, 10:09 PM
According to Steve's web site, www.steve-park.com, the truck is being parked due to factory cutbacks...Orleans Racing's release, however, seems to put a different spin on it (http://www.orleansracing.com/cgi-bin/read_news.pl?action=read&item=1129585354&team=62&headline=Park_Released_From_Orleans_Racing).
Don't know how true any of it is, but rumor has it there are several possibilities being explored for next season. At least I got to see him run the Fall Final at Stafford! Now I'm just upset that I have no one to root for in the Truck race this Saturday after waiting three weeks for a race! :(
Best of luck to Steve in whatever lies ahead...

hollywoodmic
10-18-2005, 08:54 AM
With Erin Crocker moving to the Truck Series full time, you know Evernham will get full Dodge support as well.................speaking of Evernham, the #6 Busch car is open, Tommy Jr. always said he and Steven would reunite. I think that would be a perfect fit for both parties. They could get feedback for the Cup teams from Steven. It's not like putting an inexperienced kid in the car who will not give you good feedback. It would be great to see Steven with a top notch team like Evernham Motorsports.

Jaws
10-18-2005, 09:31 PM
I know this sounds strange, but in a way this could be a good thing for Steve. He has proven he can race again, he gets an early jump on 2006 looking for a ride and maybe he can fill in for a Busch or Nextel cup driver at the end of this season.

Plus, the Orleans Dodge was not the team it was 2 years ago.

By the way, did anyone notice that Steve is blowing away almost every driver except Johnny Benson in the most popular driver vote!

I hope come Daytona 2006 we see Steve in a good Cup ride.

RacinRob
10-18-2005, 10:45 PM
I'd settle for a very competitive Busch ride. Cup is in that stupid youth movement. I'm young, but I love those ole war horses, lol......

DAN D.
10-19-2005, 01:19 AM
Come back and run the Whelen mod tour with Ewanisko for old times sake...jokin', that doesn't pay the bills at this point.. Good luck and health, whatever he does.

Tracy87BB
10-20-2005, 06:45 AM
There's a link on nascar.com to an XM satellite radio interview Steve did yesterday, for anyone who's interested. Like they say, I'm sure he will land on his feet and be OK no matter where he ends up. Sure would be nice to see him have some better luck than he's been having lately...

http://www.nascar.com/2005/races/tune_in/10/19/claireb.spark/index.html

Tracy87BB
10-20-2005, 10:49 AM
Well, according to nascar.com, Scott Lynch is providing enough sponsorship to run the #62 truck for the last five races of the season...just won't be the same seeing the truck out there knowing that someone else is behind the wheel. :(

RacinRob
10-26-2005, 09:45 AM
Steve Park is Un-parked......

debbie33
10-26-2005, 11:05 PM
Who did he get a ride with?

broz
10-26-2005, 11:41 PM
I'm hearing he is going to drive a Toyota Tundra for Bill Davis Racing at Atlanta and Texas.

Duke22
10-26-2005, 11:46 PM
#67 Bill Davis truck for 2 races. With Scott Wimmer not coming back in the Cup #22, ....who knows??

Rich Mergl
10-27-2005, 07:21 AM
Yes thats great news

debbie33
10-27-2005, 08:22 AM
That is great for Steve!!

The Bullfather
10-27-2005, 09:28 AM
One problem, he's the 4th truck!!! R&D anyone? :O/ :-|

Hopefully he'll be with Sprague next year with Wyler and will be in a 2 truck team.

Mike Fields
10-27-2005, 12:55 PM
Hey Professor, do you remember what happened the first time that Greg Sacks went into an 'R&D' car for DiGard? He won the Firecracker 400, circa 1984.

RacinRob
10-27-2005, 03:22 PM
They got a sponsor and its for 2 races... so i doubt its R&D

The Bullfather
10-27-2005, 04:23 PM
How many 2 car teams were there in 1984? Junior Johnson was about the only strong multi-car team around the time.

Mike Fields
10-27-2005, 08:00 PM
Sacks was the team car to Bobby Allison.

The Bullfather
10-27-2005, 08:44 PM
Sack was brought into the fold and raced 20 races in 1985. Started in a Chevy and won Daytona Firecracker and then switched over Buick right after the win.

FLAT OUT
10-27-2005, 09:56 PM
Greg Had The Best Possible Cheating Crew Cheif For That Race. Do You Remember Who It Was??? Good Luck Steve ...........

RGeeProductions
10-27-2005, 10:03 PM
Was it Lugs Harvey??? Oh, that was Stroker Ace's crew chief...

Drumz1959
10-28-2005, 02:44 AM
gary nelson was cc, robert yates was the engine man, robin pemberton was tire changer, they had a 4 man pit crew, the slim fast 18 greg drove for newmann/ hendrick was an r/d car for the future 24 team. that car had some runs until they busted them and earnhardt and shrader in the poppa joe kodiak car with the extra long carb bolts on the plate tracks,shrader won over ten poles i do believe that year........

Jones44
10-28-2005, 05:45 AM
Two thumbs down to Steve Park for taking a ride in a Toyota. Go get 'em, Jimmy!

Tracy87BB
10-28-2005, 06:57 AM
While it may be disappointing to some to see Steve in a Toyota, it has four wheels and goes in a circle (and that's probably his only real concern at the moment). I wish him luck and success in no matter what he drives (as he said in his satellite radio interview, he has fans who would follow him if he was racing a boat).

Just as a side note for those of you who are seemingly so "anti-Toyota" in NASCAR...GM holds a stake in Daewoo, while Ford owns a controlling stake in Mazda and has purchased the Land Rover SUV operations of BMW. DaimlerChrysler owns about 20% of Mitsubishi, and technically the Dodge brand is now owned by a foreign company. Toyota is opening its 11th U.S. plant in San Antonio, Texas in 2006 (can you say "U.S. jobs"?). None of these companies are "all-American"...if Toyota is willing to invest money, why shouldn't we (and NASCAR, and drivers) take advantage of it? After all, didn't Steve Park and Orleans cite cutbacks by Dodge as one of the reasons for parking the 62 truck? Just a thought...

Wheel Racing
10-28-2005, 08:04 AM
He had to take a ride in a Toyota. If he didn't then he would have to forfeit all those Most Popular votes and then Johnny Benson would rightfully win! :wave:

broz
10-28-2005, 08:14 AM
Very well put Tracy! I too share your view of this subject :applause:
I've always said being 'em on :) In fact Toyota makes a quality product. How many of you "Chevy" owners can boast that you got 250k out of your last one. I've had 7 Toyotas' over the past 15 years or so, and just about every one has seen at least 200k on the ole' speedo. JMO :applause:

The Bullfather
10-28-2005, 10:40 AM
This may make W.J. dissappointed. The Ford Fusion is built on a Mazda chassis and the motor package is also from Mazda!!! Why, Ford, why!?! :-|

310fig8
10-28-2005, 02:07 PM
Hey Broz
I have a 1989 Chevy S10 2.8 lit. in my driveway right now with 320k on it. It still runs great, the valve covers were removed once only for gaskets. No other work on the engine. Doesnt leak any oil. Thats one for Chevy!!!

broz
10-28-2005, 02:29 PM
Trust me, I knew someone out there would "call" me on that one. But I'm gonna give Steve an "attaboy" on this one. Love to hear he's going to be in a Toyota for now. :applause:

debbie33
10-28-2005, 02:35 PM
Just my opinion but when you do not have a ride, a ride is a ride is a ride. Hey when my broom breaks down I have to use my Tahoe.

Mike Fields
10-28-2005, 04:36 PM
Debbie, I hope the broom breaks down so you use the Tahoe. I hear it's a very cold ride next week without heat to the Shootout...

Wheel Racing
10-29-2005, 03:42 PM
Lap 1 he's done! Nice wreck dummy. How many more excuses can Michael Waltrip come up with to place blame everywhere but where it belongs. Park should just become a fabricator and give up driving. He sure knows how to make them come apart, why not put them together

RacinRob
10-29-2005, 05:26 PM
Maybe you werent watching the same race I was beacuse if remember correctly the 65 truck came down on the track. But hey what would Michael Waltrip and thousands of viewers know right?

Rich Mergl
10-29-2005, 06:15 PM
I`m with you seems like people like to rag on the home grown that became successful.Think it`s called jealousy.

Wheel Racing
10-29-2005, 06:30 PM
I`m with you seems like people like to rag on the home grown that became successful.Think it`s called jealousy.
Nah! Just stirring it up a litte here, but he does seem to always be in the middle of these wrecks that other drivers are able to avoid. His reflexes just don't seem to be where they need to be to react to certain situations.Is he always at fault? No, but should he be able to avoid a lot of the wrecks he is involved in? Yes. JMO

DAN D.
10-29-2005, 10:25 PM
from one camera it looked like Steve did his "post accident" judgement call with his right side perefial vision not what it should be , then from the other camersa it definatley looked like the 65 came down on him... boy this thread went way off the subject when it came to chevy, ford, mazda, rovers. but today its back on the subject..unfortunate mishap on lap 1 with the try out truck and team..i say whelan modified tour not because its a lower division just I would like to see him and ewanisko and tc on the same track...Go Steve , good luck and health to ya. How is Harley?(his dog)??

allhailunc
10-30-2005, 03:22 AM
I side with Wheel here on this oneI love the guy but it's really time to say good bye and take up something else in the field of racing.how many times can he be "involved" in an incident?there always seems to be that 1 common factor in each and every one-Steve.I know I'm gonna take some very severe criticism here but ever since his second major accidnt a few years ago Steve has not been the same person.Listen too him talk-his voice is somewhat slurred and ,at times, he seems to be "searching" for what he wants to say.As for his "periph" vision wll that is not there any more.He appears to have,what is known in the racing world,as "Tunnell " vision.You have to be able to see as far asyou can in all direction and i think that with the combination of his accummulating accidents and the new&limiting safety features that Nascar has had to implement his ability to function 110% as each and every driver must is just there anymore.Either way,Steve-God bless&keep you safe-I've allways had the greatest of respect for you(you were always very nice every time my son came up to you(still have that great shot of the 2 of you with the ice cream)

Jones44
10-30-2005, 07:16 AM
All I can say is this: what a beautiful sight to see another Toyota destroyed! :D Come on WJ, where are you?

Mortgage Guy
10-30-2005, 11:33 PM
First of all, I for one have been very critical over the years of Steve, and where he "really" comes from (he forgot)...That being said that wreck was not his fault, Fedewa was behind him, got a run and just came down like he thought he was clear. Only problem was, that he wasn't. Wrong place, wrong time...I just can't help but get a knot in my stomach every time I see him crash, I always fear the worst. I am just glad he walked out ok, and I thought his speech was very good and is still getting better, hopefully he can be back to 100% some day.

RacinRob
10-31-2005, 10:24 PM
everybody will jump on the Steve Park band wagon again....wait and see