PDA

View Full Version : Any rule changes?

Zcar
10-18-2005, 12:02 PM
Billy:

Any rule changes in mind for 2006. I think guys are tired of running for 4th (3rd when #12 gets DQ'd every other week). Maybe everyone runs the same tire size? There's no turbos or superchargers, but some people need them to keep up with the DOHC, maybe stick with SOHC only. Just some ideas.

SA

toots
10-18-2005, 10:24 PM
I think that there should be a rule that if a driver is DQ'd twice, that he should be penalized by not being allowed to race for a few weeks. Someone can make an honest mistake once, but 2- 3- or 4 times is not honest in my books

NEETS-1
10-19-2005, 02:05 AM
Jimmy, I actually was thinking about the SOHC rule during the year and talked to Gary about it. It is not out of the question. Don't forget this is my learning year, too, with this class. We will get the class evened up....but we do not want to slow down cars that meet the rules to drivers that are out there for just fun with equipment that could not be competitive. There is a happy medium, we will find.
Toots, I agree...IF it is for the same item. Gary does a good job in the tech area, but he cannot check EVERYTHING on every car each week. He does check different items every week and fails the cars that are not up to the rules for that particular item.
Be very glad he does the job he does...at other tracks...nothing is checked because they just don't care enough to. (remember "respect" from the other thread?) That is a form of respect from our officials.

pv18
10-19-2005, 10:55 AM
Let us please be serious for a second. The number 12, Peter Verwys, was DQed for BS reasons many times this year. Way more than were fair. When I say BS, I need to be honest and say most of the times it was him, not his car. He has learned a ton this year, and is a very good CLEAN driver. The only time this year his car was DQed, he proved the next week that the part in question was legal. Tech allowed him to continue to run, never with an apology or retraction in the press report.

If you want to see the cars equal out, make a legitimate tire rule. If you go to 60 series tires, like most tracks with this type division, on rim sizes that are stock, year, make, and model, the cars will equal out.

This is my opinion and my last comment on the subject. If anyone would like, send me a message and we can discuss this further. Only trying to help.

wshultz
10-20-2005, 12:11 AM
Hoosiers work, too. They will keep the rubber on the track, I hope. :disgusted :help:

Groho
10-20-2005, 06:57 AM
Billy:

Any rule changes in mind for 2006. I think guys are tired of running for 4th (3rd when #12 gets DQ'd every other week). Maybe everyone runs the same tire size? There's no turbos or superchargers, but some people need them to keep up with the DOHC, maybe stick with SOHC only. Just some ideas.

SA

Just a small note on the rule changes.. The DOHC (Talons you are referring to) have already been dropped to a max. 6 inch tire. The other cars can run 7 inch wide. Maybe the guys that decided to go with DOHC cars should not be penalized for deciding to buy this type of car. We should not have to change what we spent money on because we are fast & your car (cars) cannot get to the front. Maybe Billy should design another class just for those cars & have a DOHC class. I am glad I went with a Talon & thank the Verwys' for that. If they did not have good cars to race against, then we would have never worked hard to try & catch them. Should they have to change cars becasue somebody's car can't catch them? Maybe it's time to trade in the car that is not running 1st, 2nd, or 3rd & cross over to the other side & buy a TALON.
Good Luck in your decision.

Zcar
10-20-2005, 09:58 AM
Joe:

You're right, I would've loved to have a Talon or Eclipse. Unfortunately, everyone I found under $1500 were only SOHC. Though I thought it would still handle well, I would still get blasted down the stretch. They're just not as easy to come by as I thought, maybe you could help me out? I think a DOHC class would be great, but in a class that only gets 12-14 a week, and track that has 5 current divisions, I don't think that's in Billy or Joe's mind. Fact is your right, you should not have to spend money to change your car because my (cars) are not fast enough. That's why I didn't come to the KOTM. But, because you don't have to spend it, everyone else does if they wanna keep up. An affordable class that becomes unaffordable when you have to track down one type of car, with a certain motor. I also do not run 7" tires because they were not "stock" on my car. Sounds dumb, but if everyone else were to wreck and I won, I'd rather not get DQ'd.

Though my desision to race next year will be based around any rules changes, or whether I can find a competitive car. I hope for some good racing with you next year.

SA

spier racing 93
10-20-2005, 02:59 PM
An all Talon/Eclipse series seems kind of dumb.

ncupod99
10-20-2005, 06:02 PM
I visited Catskill Mountain Speedway this past August...they have a healthy
4 cylinder class (actually split up into Junior & Senior Divisions)...they have
a wide variety of models in the division---and winning--maybe a review of their rules would help--replies most welcome--RJ.......