PDA

View Full Version : Wtf?????? Snow!!!!!!

BlingxBling
10-24-2005, 07:14 PM
As boredom strikes here at work, I turn on my television to catch a glimpse at the news. I see pictures of the damage in FL caused by Wilma, some sports scores, and then I see the weather! With the weather also was a showing of the PennDOT trucks loading up with salt and preparing for, A SNOW FALL! I also gathered this:

Winter Storm Watch from the National Weather Service:

/X.EXT.KBGM.WS.A.0001.051025T0900Z-051026T1000Z/ WYOMING-LACKAWANNA-LUZERNE-PIKE-SOUTHERN WAYNE- 410 PM EDT MON OCT 24 2005
...WINTER STORM WATCH NOW IN EFFECT FROM LATE TONIGHT THROUGH LATE TUESDAY NIGHT... ...SIGNIFICANT SNOWFALL POSSIBLE OVER THE POCONOS ...

THE WINTER STORM WATCH IS NOW IN EFFECT FROM LATE TONIGHT THROUGH LATE TUESDAY NIGHT.

PERIODS OF RAIN WILL MIX WITH...AND EVENTUALLY CHANGE TO WET SNOW BY LATE TONIGHT OR TUESDAY MORNING OVER THE POCONOS. SNOW COULD BECOME HEAVY AT TIMES...ESPECIALLY LATER TUESDAY AND TUESDAY NIGHT. MORE THAN 7 INCHES OF HEAVY WET SNOW IS POSSIBLE BY WEDNESDAY MORNING.

IN THE LOWER ELEVATIONS...WHICH INCLUDES THE GREATER SCRANTON WILKES BARRE AREA AND THE DELAWARE RIVER VALLEY FROM MATAMORAS AND MILFORD SOUTH...MAINLY RAIN WILL FALL TONIGHT AND TUESDAY...WITH THE POTENTIAL FOR RAIN TO CHANGE TO SNOW TUESDAY NIGHT. THERE COULD BE A SMALL ACCUMULATION IN THESE AREAS BY WEDNESDAY MORNING.

IN ADDITION TO THE SNOW...WINDS WILL SHIFT TO THE NORTH AND INCREASE TO 10 TO 20 MPH BY LATE TONIGHT. WIND GUSTS OF UP TO 30 MPH ARE POSSIBLE OVER THE POCONOS TUESDAY AND TUESDAY NIGHT.

HEAVY WET SNOW IS POSSIBLE OVER THE POCONOS. THE COMBINATION OF HEAVY WET SNOW AND GUSTY WINDS COULD LEAD TO POWER OUTAGES AS MANY TREES STILL HAVE THEIR LEAVES. ROADS ALSO COULD BECOME SNOW COVERED AND SLIPPERY AND SIGNIFICANTLY IMPACT TRAVEL THROUGH THE POCONOS.

IF YOU ARE PLANNING TRAVEL TUESDAY OR TUESDAY NIGHT...KEEP INFORMED OF THE LATEST FORECASTS AND LISTEN FOR POSSIBLE WINTER STORM WARNINGS OR WINTER WEATHER ADVISORIES.

RGeeProductions
10-24-2005, 11:42 PM
So, if I leave now and I put some wheels under my snow mobile, then when I hit the Poconos I could take them off, I can be there for coffee in the morning?????? LOL

wshultz
10-25-2005, 12:02 AM
alright!!!!!! lets see who can wreck there car first this winter! :wave:

spier racing 93
10-25-2005, 06:47 AM
Whats that Will? You want me to crash into your car? HAHA

wshultz
10-25-2005, 07:02 AM
lol naw not that way aaha

spier racing 93
10-25-2005, 03:21 PM
HAHA I know Will. But I do need a winter smash up car for the backyard this year, LOL. :wave:

wshultz
10-25-2005, 10:40 PM
get a beater for the beaters with heaters

spier racing 93
10-26-2005, 06:35 AM
Not like a racer...We take an old car that somebody doesn't want and we have some fun the the backyard with it, and then totally demolish it. :drool: :wave: