PDA

View Full Version : Keep the Racing on the Track!

spier racing 93
10-31-2005, 11:13 PM
On Sunday, my friend's friend decided to race a "kid" illegally on the street. That was a huge mistake for that "kid." My friend's friend had just won the race and started to slow down. The "kid" he beat kept racing up to try to get back up to him. In doing this, the "kid" was passing another car as the 2 lane highway was ending. He ended up loosing control of his car, bouncing off the car next to him, and shooting into the oncoming lane of traffic. This was his final moments. He hit a car coming straight at him. He was doing 90mph and the car he hit was doing 75mph. His car was ripped in half and so was he. He wasn't wearing his seatbelt either. :disgusted

Here is the pic of the car after his wreck:
http://wfmz.com/images/scripts/web_10-31BerksFatal.jpg

People just have to remember to keep the racing ON THE TRACK, NOT ON THE STREETS. And always remember to BUCKLE UP!

CIN
11-01-2005, 06:27 AM
People just have to remember to keep the racing ON THE TRACK, NOT ON THE STREETS. And always remember to BUCKLE UP!

Spier - only problem with the "keep the racing on the track" is there aren't any around here. :*-(

That's why your friend and ALL of his friends have to come out to support the proposal by Top Gun for the Yaphank site. :applause: Check my other posts on when & where.

We need this place for the exact reason you said above, because with the exception of Riverhead there is no other place on LI for any other type of racing. And after finding out about other sites and forums for other types of racing besides the type we do at Riverhead, I realize there are a lot of "motorheads" around, a lot. And, I only have looked into the 4 wheel kind, haven't even looked at the 2 wheel kind.

Tell a friend. :help:

Cin

spier racing 93
11-01-2005, 04:44 PM
I would tell them about the TGSE project, but we live in Pennsylvania. Thats where this accident took place too. I think people around here might finally be starting to wake up to how dangerous street racing is.

CIN
11-01-2005, 05:51 PM
I am truly sorry for your loss.

Hopefully, if the Top Gun project goes thru, you'll make your way down to LI to race.

Cindy