PDA

View Full Version : one tour race for riverhead in 2006

TMAC
11-02-2005, 12:11 PM
I read that riverhead is getting only one tour race next year.Now which race are we getting?We will have to wait till banquet for release of schedule.Also heard drivers were also complaining about riverhead[sours grapes to them].I think that really sucks!

*rAcIn CuTiE*
11-02-2005, 12:22 PM
The June race is the one not on the schedule anymore, it will only be the August one.

LongIslandJam
11-02-2005, 12:23 PM
Yes it is true. 1 tour race for Riverhead is 2006. There are many factors that I assume led to this. The most important factor is the August race was without a sponsor for quite a few years now and its tough putting up the sizeable purse year in and year out on your own.

August 5, 2006 will be the only tour show at Riverhead this upcoming year.

A lot of tour drivers complain about Riverhead as its a really tough race to qualify for and its one of the few tracks on the circuit where local drivers make it in and run well and thus bump out regulars.

FLAT OUT
11-02-2005, 07:12 PM
Who Is To Blame For This? The Tour Or The Riverhead Ownership?

BOWATCHER
11-03-2005, 04:49 AM
First it was 3 then it was 2 for the longest time now its down to one $$$$$$$

allhailunc
11-03-2005, 05:27 AM
Folks- why the sadness-this has been long time coming.it is no "secret" that the tour drivers think Riverhead "SUCKS" as Reggie R would so "aptly" put it.They,the tour drivers,have long been trying to delete Riverhead from the schedule.they don't like the "bullring" effect that the track gives/Wanna know what I think?I say "screw them">They don't like it -don't bother coming.Besides ,notice the attendance at the recent tour events?almost like a regular Saturday night.I can remember when you were crammed into the seats but now you can "fart" and the only person to catch wind of it would be the guy at the other end of the row.I'd rather see another week of the guys that support oyr track each and every week out there than an operation that just doesn't want to show but do because they are on a "schedule" :disgusted :mad:

Jones44
11-03-2005, 05:31 AM
Fine by me, that's one less time that I'll have to pay $30 when I really only give a darn about the blunderbust & charger races. :lol:

Jeff T
11-03-2005, 08:57 AM
It doesn't bother me that there is only one tour race at Riverhead now. I haven't been to one of those in about 5 years. When I stopped going to Riverhead Tour races, it had become a "follow the leader for 200 laps" event. I don't care for the qualifying format for the Riverhead tour races either. It was more exciting back in the early days of the tour when everyone would take time, the top 18 would automaticly be in the show with the top 6 redrawing for starting positions. The remainder of the starting lineup would be determained by 2 consi races, taking 3 cars from each. That was exciting because you would see the tour guys battling the Riverhead guy's for the final spots in a knock down-drag out battle (and the tour guy's didn't always make the cut!). Now it is just like cup qualifing-take two laps and done. Your either in or out-no drama of the last lap pass in the consi to make the show. I'm not saying that I don't like the Mod Tour (love to watch them at Thompson), but I just don't find them exciting at Riverhead.

art11758
11-03-2005, 10:59 AM
I'm gonna go with allhailunc on this regarding turnout for tour shows. The June race this year was sparsely attended and in my opinion the better of the two. The purse requirements of the tour are pretty stiff and with out a title sponser I'm sure it was just a business decision. Much discussion on the MSS board after the Jennnerstown race including some posting by the promoter at Jennerstown shed some light on this sort of stuff. Maybe some more affordable touring series might be a better "fit" for Riverhead. I would love to see the TVMRS come to visit. I'll prolly wind up going to see them at Seekonk since they don't travel far. ( bonus for me I love Seekonk)
Funny though about the competitors not liking the the 'head. For years Riverside Park was a tour stop, similar in many ways to the 'head. It seemed to to be one of the more popular places for some reason. When the tour used to go to New Egypt the complaints were rampant then too.

TMAC
11-03-2005, 12:53 PM
Also June Race For Some Reason Would Fall On The Nascar Dover Race Weekend,used To Be The Weekend After Dover,also Years Ago Fine Alot Of Regulars Would Come Out To Race With The Tour Now What Maybe 5 Cars Come Out Of Riverhead.riverside Was Great!but Now Its Long Gone.also Why Doesnt The Tour Go To Wall Speedway?once Again The Fans That Can't Go Out Of State To Watch Tour Racing Get Shafted. I Would Like To Say Screw Them[tour] But Modifieds Are Just Good Hardnose Racing

Jaws
11-03-2005, 08:05 PM
Maybe they schedule a 100 lapper on a non tour race weekend with heats and consi's and a nice purse.

How about an ROC race????

Or they make the Tommy B race an even bigger race??? (By that I mean distance)

Food for thought

Rich Johnson
11-03-2005, 10:04 PM
I hear the Cromartys would rather have a big race for the locals. This way they would not have to put up the HUGE money for the purse and the (larger than normal) payout would stay with the locals.

RACINRICH

FLAT OUT
11-03-2005, 10:37 PM
Will The Owners Put Up An Extra 500.00 For A 100 Lapper With Out Lap Money Being Included. I Don't Think So.

Teds Race Tours
11-04-2005, 06:35 PM
An AllStar 300 would be an acceptable replacement.

RACENUT
11-04-2005, 11:23 PM
Lets Just Hope They Replace It With Racing And Not A Circus Act.

Teds Race Tours
11-05-2005, 11:30 AM
I did fax the ROC Tour. I told them they might want to get a hold of Riverhead since are running only 1 Tour event in 06'. Whether it does anything, or whether they have already been in contact, I have no idea, but I do like to be proactive.