PDA

View Full Version : John Blewett III Wins NSS!

Wheel Racing
11-05-2005, 09:38 PM
Just got a call from my father that John Blewett III just won his second North South Shootout! Nice job by the the guy who is starting to be referred to as Jimmy's brother!

modified_fan
11-07-2005, 10:40 PM
This was my second NSS. It's a trip I'd highly recommend to any modified fan. Was so nice seeing so many from LI there.

The 33 team had a very solid showing. They were even leading the race for a bit midway through as the leaders were going a pit cycle! Tis a shame Grumpy couldn't have been there. He'd have been so proud.

I'll refrain from posting most of my thoughts on the 2 car. Mr. B messed up his thumb nastily Saturday. I hope he's doing better. JR is always a human highlight reel. Watching him race through a car for the last qualifying spot in one of the consie's was a hoot!

Our car was a lemon all weekend long .....until (thankfully) about 10 laps into the feature. A wild vibration was driving Wayne mad. Concord is one track where you do NOT want to have a car handling like my old farm pickup. The crew said they never worked so hard to go so slow. Well.....they worked and worked until they gave Wayne a car that steadily was working up in the field until a late race spin and rear end difficulty.

Jimmy Blewett was on a roll. He almost pulled off the SK race winding up 2nd and had a nice 6th in the Feature. Tommy Cravenho's 3'rd in the SK was nice to see. Was a hoot meeting Richie Evans Jr. who had Vintage modified!

One sidenote........The announcer on multiple occasions referring to Donny Lia as a 'southern' driver residing in NC.