PDA

View Full Version : 2006 Schedule

DOR 58 FIGURE 8
11-09-2005, 01:27 PM
Any one know what the schedule looks like for this year? I didn't go to the dinner and didn't get to see schedule yet. Thanks! :p

Tracy87BB
11-09-2005, 01:57 PM
All I've heard through the grapevine so far is that the season will start the weekend of May 6-7 (with practice the two weekends prior, of course) and that the 50-lapper for the Blunderbusts was taken off of the schedule...I don't know if this is because the race lacked a sponsor last year or some other reason...
I haven't actually seen the schedule myself either...I'd be kind of curious to get a look at it.

Tracy87BB
11-09-2005, 03:34 PM
Got a phone call to let me know the 2006 schedule can be found here...
http://www.longislandmotorsports.com/Calendar.htm

I guess there is a BB race at the end of the season...just that it's a 30-lapper instead of 50...

DOR 58 FIGURE 8
11-09-2005, 06:42 PM
Hey Thanks Tracy!! I just put the schedule up here to make it a little easier. Couldn't have done it without your help Tra ;) ! I think that where it says "Riverhead" that means all divisions, except where it says "No" what ever division is off that night.

2006 Schedule

4/22 Riverhead Pre-season warm-up
4/29 Riverhead Pre-season warm-ups

5/06 Riverhead Opening Weekend - all divisions
5/07 Riverhead Enduros
5/13 Riverhead 25-Lap Cromarty Cup Double Point Figure 8's, 30- lap, double-point Chargers *, all divisions
5/14 Riverhead Rain date for May 7 (if needed)
5/20 Riverhead 50-Lap Double-Point Late Models Figure 8, Chargers, 30-Lap, Double-Point Blunderbusts, all divisions
5/27 Riverhead 4-Cyl Demo, School Bus Figure 8 Race. No Figure
Eights or Super Pro Trucks 5/28 Riverhead Super Pro Trucks, Enduros
5/29 Riverhead Rain date for May 28 (if needed)
6/03 Riverhead 50-Lap Double Point Modifieds *, 30-Lap Double Point Chargers, 30-Lap Double PointBlunderbusts. No Super Pro Trucks
6/10 Riverhead Modifieds, 25-Lap Double-Point Figure 8's, 50-Lap Double-Point Late Models *, Train Race. No Blunderbusts
6/17 Riverhead Go-Karts. No Super Pro Trucks
6/18 Riverhead Super Pro Trucks, Enduros
6/24 Riverhead Mini School Bus Figure 8, 8-Cyl Demo. No Charger or Super Pro Trucks
6/25 Riverhead Rain date for June 18 (if needed)
7/01 Riverhead FIREWORKS, Police Car Demo, 50-Lap Cromarty Cup Double-Point Modifieds*. No Late Models or Super Pro Trucks
7/02 Riverhead Rain date for July 1 (if needed)
7/08 Riverhead School Bus Figure 8 Race. No Figure 8's & Chargers
7/15 Riverhead Train Race. No Late Models or Blunderbusts
7/22 Riverhead Mini School Bus Demo, 4-cyl Enduro. No Chargers or Super Pro Trucks
7/29 Riverhead Tom Baldwin Memorial 77 *. All divisions
8/05 Riverhead WMT 200 *, 30-lap Blunderbusts & 30-lap Chargers. No Figure Eights, Late Models, or Super Pro Trucks
8/06 Riverhead Enduros
8/12 Riverhead Blindfolded Taxi Race, 4-Cyl Demo, 25-Lap Double-Point Figure 8's. No Blunderbusts or Chargers
8/13 Riverhead Rain date for August 6 (if needed)
8/19 Riverhead School Bus Demo, 50-lap double-point Late Models. No Figure Eights or Super Pro Trucks
8/26 Riverhead I Love America Night, FIREWORKS, Roll-Over. No
Charger or Super Pro Trucks
9/02 Riverhead Monster Trucks, Taxi Demo. No Figure Eights or Super Pro Trucks
9/03 Riverhead Monster Trucks, Train Race, Enduros
9/04 Riverhead Rain date for September 3 (if needed)
9/09 Riverhead 50-Lap Double-Point Modifieds *. No Super Pro Trucks
9/16 Riverhead Nat. Champ. Demo, School Bus Demo, 25-Lap Figure 8's, 30-Lap Chargers *, 30-Lap Blunderbusts *, Super Pro Trucks.
No Modifieds or Late Models
9/23 Riverhead Train Race, Enduros, Car Roll-Over Contest
9/24 Riverhead Rain date for September 23 (if needed)
:wave:

Mike Fields
11-10-2005, 06:45 AM
For those that don't realize, an asterisk denotes that particular division qualifies through time trials. It appears off the top of my head that there are less time trial shows than last year.

maestri fan 1
11-10-2005, 03:59 PM
Again, no extra distace races for the trucks. I don't understand it.

LongIslandJam
11-10-2005, 05:14 PM
Ok here's some comments to make you guys think...

#1) You guys complain about the lack of the end-of-the-year big race, but where were all the people these past few years? If no one supports it why have it?

#2) Ditto for the Trucks... Numbers speak volumes.

All I can say is, that you guys need to try to advocate to others to join in on the fun. Some of you have done a nice job bringing in more cars to Riverhead and you guys should be commended. In this day and age it takes "creative promotion" to get people to try it, but once they do they're hooked. My recommendation is for those who want to see bigger races, get people involved (even if its only on the crew level). The more people, the harder its to argue to not give you a bigger race.

Ace
11-10-2005, 05:35 PM
Mike, it does look like less time trial shows this year. :( I like the time trial shows, it makes for better racing. Fast cars up front, I think it puts on a better show.
Also on the tour race I was surprised to see BOTH the Blunderbust and Chargers are having DP races.