PDA

View Full Version : how about that?

SpeedyMS
11-13-2005, 02:19 PM
kurt busch done for year with roush

allhailunc
11-14-2005, 05:31 AM
Yoo wnna play you're gonna pay-besides who in their right mind wants to go "head to head" with the sheriff&his people?been there/done that&payed for it

LongIslandJam
11-14-2005, 05:34 AM
Remember, when you're Kurt Busch, you're Mr. Tough Guy... I got to say, he will fit nicely at Penske when he goes there.

However, his matter of suspension from Roush is debateable. It's not an alcohol related incident technically and really I don't think he should have been suspended based on the legal documentation (although news reports are something else).

What do you think?

jimmy'z
11-14-2005, 06:05 AM
taken from Detroit Free Press (http://www.freep.com/sports/autoracing/busch14e_20051114.htm) ..

"It's the last straw for Roush Racing," said Geoff Smith, president of Roush Racing. "We're officially retiring as Kurt Busch's apologists, effective today."

Good for Roush Racing. The money they're dumping into cleaning up his mess is enough justification to can him and I guess they're just done with it.

If you're going to be a badass; be a badass on the track. Once you're in the public you should be on your best to represent your sponsor and their investment in you.

allhailunc
11-14-2005, 06:34 AM
It actually did start out as an alcohol releated incident and that the malfunctioning on the first test that it isn't.the second test did prove positive however they can't use it because of the first "non working test".However,from what the sheriff that was interviewed said seems like Mr Busch got a little on the belligerent side and use some strong language(hey Jones we all know how well versed in the English language Kurt is don't we :lol: ). :disgusted

maestri fan 1
11-14-2005, 05:26 PM
As much as I hate Kurt Busch i will say this in his defense. If he wasn't leaving Roush Racing next year he wouldn't have been suspended.

Rich Mergl
11-14-2005, 05:57 PM
You hit the nail on the head.

Mortgage Guy
11-14-2005, 07:13 PM
That was just Jacks' way of getting back at him for leaving, who gets the last laugh...To me I wouldn't be shocked to see Kurt Busch in a Penske Dodge @ Homestead this weekend just to shove it in Roush racings face...I just find it pretty amazing that they only had 1 machine and that it broke ;) ...Can you say payoff people..

Mike Fields
11-15-2005, 10:08 AM
Roush Racing Suspends Kurt Busch

PHOENIX, A.Z. (November 13, 2005) - Roush Racing announced that effective
immediately it has suspended Kurt Busch for the remainder of the season.

"This suspension is made after full review of all the circumstances
surrounding Kurt's Friday night altercation with the Arizona police, and after
consultation with our primary sponsors, Newell Rubbermaid and Diageo," said
Jack Roush, team owner. "All parties are in complete support that the
action being taken today is necessary and appropriate under the circumstances.

"We give our profound apology and support to the arresting officer and the
entire Maricopa County Sheriff's Office and thank all of the officers for the
great job they do with helping the Phoenix International Raceway bring our event to so many wonderful Arizona race fans," Jack Roush continued.

Roush Racing is a subsidiary of Livonia, Mich., based Roush Industries that
operates ten motorsports teams; five in NASCAR Nextel Cup with drivers Mark
Martin, Matt Kenseth, Kurt Busch, Greg Biffle and Carl Edwards; three in the
Busch Series with Martin, Kenseth and Edwards, and two in the Craftsman Truck Series with drivers Ricky Craven and Todd Kluever.

Drumz1959
11-15-2005, 10:19 AM
He can't ride for penske while he is still under contract to roush until dec 31st 2005, he was suspended by the team for the two races. He wasn't fired or released from his contract. Also Newell- Rubbermaid had a little say in the suspension. Roush will lose a little money by taking him out of the car. Each position in the top 10 points is a pretty good chunk of change.

SuperShafts
11-16-2005, 07:01 PM
What ever happened to innocent until Proven guilty, good to see how your team hangs you out to dry.

I didn't witness it but i sure have witnessed how police add to the story in court, let alone in a hear say environment

mahoney28
11-17-2005, 11:45 AM
before we pass judgement on someone we should at least give them the courtesy to tell their side of the story. with that said to all of those who have posted here take 5 minutes and read claire b. langs interview with the sheriff to get his take. make sure you read it well there are some very incriminating statements. the article is on nascar.com home page under nascar radio report xm.

The Bullfather
11-17-2005, 03:19 PM
You'll never hear the full story!!! Becuase if Kurt Busch opens his mouth and says something it will reflect on Peneske and Miller Lite, plus other sponsors. The only thing we'll probabaly hear is :"My former owner and sponsors felt they had to suspend me for my actions off the track. There was nothing I could do and I understand where they are coming from!"

The one thing that got Kurt in trouble and it has in the pass is his attitude! He can't afford to blow it at the begining of a relationship with Peneske and Miller Lite!

maestri fan 1
11-17-2005, 04:04 PM
I think that this is just a mistake by Kurt, that i don't think he will do again. I think now in his mind he has made a mistake, and yes it was a big one, but now he will go into the 2006 season with a new team and build from there. I just hope he doesn't get into the top 10 seeing i'm not a fan of his. lol

maestri fan 1
11-17-2005, 04:15 PM
I Wonder What's Going To Happen At The Awards Banquet?????? That Should Be Interesting... "oh My... Where Shall I Sit""