PDA

View Full Version : The Banquet!!

BlingxBling
11-13-2005, 04:21 PM
This years 2005 banquet came and went as fast as the year did. It was great to see everyone, dressed up and clean, ok well maybe not all dolled up, but no one had any traces of grease or oil. It was difficult trying to figure out who everyone was with out those distinguished helmets and racing suits. Even Mountain Speedways Billy Bartley got second looks, what the heck? No Ponytail? The hair was down!

Everyone got seated and our mouse, oops I mean Geno (gosh you are very quiet) made the opening speech. Paul Frantz offered the prayer before the meal. With dinner coming quick to follow, I don't think there was anyone at our table who didn't manage to get something on themselves. Ok, well between Lisa, myself, and the Zeiglers we could have been a full 7 course meal had we stood up.

The awards were presented, pictures were taken, and the DJ finally showed up. What a sigh of relief, could you imagine a party with out music? Billy gave his fantastic speech. Joe Grocholski's dedication to his two racing partners was just a sign of what class he brings to the track. The Mac Brothers racing celebrated a birthday within their group. Forgive me for not knowing whose b'day it was, I had a speaker in my way.

The dancers took to the dance floor to boogie the night away. Now you do have to remember, some of those out there were already warmed up as they had welcomed themselves to the wedding next door. As the favor was returned when a few from next door came over for a dance in our room when the wedding departed. All was in good fun.

You couldn't expect a post with out some of the bad points being brought out did you? I am a touch bit frustrated that Joe Callivini couldn't get up and give a speech. Not even a thank you to the racers for a good year? Are you kidding me? Had I not seen him as I entered the place I wouldn't have even known he was there. $40/ ticket to get just your food and the possibility of a seat cushion makes me wonder how times have changed. $7 for a pitcher of soda. My drinking days are over so I have no clue as to how much a beer or mixed drink cost. For $40 a ticket, I think for part of the night that stuff should have been included. Prizes such as a seat cushion, a hat, maybe a little gift certificate if you were lucky, c'mon Joe spend a buck for those people who fill your pockets each year. I spent a part of the night trying to figure out why Billy Bartley and his daughter weren't at a table amongst the office or management of the track. Either which way Billy stayed the entire evening, talking, dancing, and making sure to let people know he was there. I had a good time even though I didn't stay the entire night, situations change...and all of a sudden you find yourself tired and feeling ill alot sooner than normally.

wshultz
11-13-2005, 07:13 PM
sounded like it was interesting

NEETS-1
11-13-2005, 11:18 PM
Yes it was interesting. My daughter and I had a good time...jus' wished there was more "Funky stuff" played. I just don't do YMCA or skippy the frog or whatever it was, lol.
As far as my seating arrangements...I actually asked to sit with the "troops" as I always do, always have, and always will. I or my family is no better than anyone else.
I guess my hair was the talk of the room....I heard it from everybody. It was kinda like a symbol. This was the first time I had gone to a party where I didn't schedule, run, plan, pay for, work at, or emcee...so I (let my hair down).
I hope I didn't scare anyone, lol. I just wanted to dance with my daughter and friends...just plain have a good time.
I will go back to my ponytail now as I have much work to do and probably will not get a break until January 8th (day after Beaters). I have the BIG MUTHA race coming up this week with all that entails, then the NEETS banquet, the Mountain schedule has to be researched and compiled for regular and special events...the NEETS HSCS schedule, the Monster schedule/ contacting promoters...the TRUX series I have to get going...phone calls...websites...sponsors for all series...rules... advertising... PR work...car shows... charities, etc,etc.
All in all I had a good time...I always do with friends like all of you.
I will repeat myself and congradulate all the champions- Brian, Larry, Jim, Petey, and Joe. These guys are one great bunch to represent our track. All of our drivers are good people....it's the reason I stay here.
I also think we had a good officials team this year...they worked together in harmony and I commend them for their work.
My appreciation to more than a few of you is never ending...the very dedicated people that do things that they don't have to do. It is what helped make Mountain a success in 2005.
(Thank you) is just 2 words, and can be said by anyone at anytime...it is when it comes from the heart that then, and only then, you feel it's true meaning.
I say, "Thank You" to these people.

wshultz
11-13-2005, 11:46 PM
january 8th now hmmm the 16th im 18! :lol:

NEETS-1
11-14-2005, 08:45 AM
Uh...so you can vote?

88racer
11-14-2005, 08:51 AM
Billy, you may not do the YMCA but you certainly can pivot those hips for the Macarana! ( ok spelling doesn't count here!)

I, for one, certainly had a blast, although my calves are still paying the price! I think overall the DJ was a great choice, he was funny, entertaining and accomidating.

Thanks for dancing with me Uncle Petey, you looked awesome!

Hope to see everyone at the Motorsports Show in Fort Washington, January. Check Jackie's site (www.Jackie88racing.com) for an auction list and updated show information. Billy will once again have the NEETS booth at the show and we can't forget to support Ms. Mountain in her bid for Ms. Motorsports!

Sue
Team 88
Checkered Dreams

mcsnoww
11-14-2005, 01:32 PM
As far as being disappointed about the promoter not showing any sign of graditude towards any of the racers and fans, I believe we all know who the true promoter is. We all know who we really race for and he truly shows his graditude every chance he gets including banquet night.

Geno
11-14-2005, 01:55 PM
Bling (shhhhh) There for a second I thought you were giving me a shot about having big ears! Yes, after the opening words I asked the hotel boss person to turn up the amp for the mic. They did. :applause:

Thank you Paul Frantz for saying the prayer before the meal.

Had a good time, it was nice to see everyone & BS for a while before snow starts flying.

Hope the winners of the ear plugs use them wisely! :help:

Thanks to everyone for their kind words Saturday and congrats again to Brian, Larry, Jim, Petey & Joe G. :cool:

wshultz
11-14-2005, 02:58 PM
screw voting they can take them ballots and shuve them were the sun dont shine thats what i think of it! :P yea i can get in strip clubs legaly now instead of sneeking

BlingxBling
11-14-2005, 03:28 PM
Billy, as long as it was at your request. I just wanted to make sure that they didn't just stuff you in a corner somewhere. :wave:

mcsnoww
11-14-2005, 06:02 PM
I don't think that we can confuse Billy with someone else that was seen hanging out in a corner at the NEETS Halloween bash. :lol:

richardpetey
11-15-2005, 10:19 PM
Thanks to all you good folks for making my 2005 mountain speedway racing season a most memorable experience................. :applause:
Hopefully, I didn't embarrass myself too much at the banquet but I was looking foward to having a little fun with everybody........................ :eek:
It was a grand get-together and hope everyone enjoyed it as much as I did............................. :cool:
Thanks Again..........UNCLE PETEY:wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: