PDA

View Full Version : I have to question this....

SuperShafts
11-14-2005, 12:53 AM
This is a forum for race fans, and racers and all things alike....but not one post is stickied that has pertinent information about the meetings in regard to the SCSE park (TGSE) coming up on the 14th, 21st, and 30th of this month, so i am curious as to exactly how Long Island Jam...Long Island Racing News Site ignores just such important information that can very well play an important part in getting the word out........or is it that when and if god forbid this shouldn't happen and RH goes under do to all it's restrictions including those grandfathered in take place that Long Island Jam wants to move to another place and be called maybe something like Used to be Long Island Jam...Long Islands former racing news site with no news to report from long island.....

Seems to me if i was just such a thing in just such a role i would do everything possible to make anything happen

broz
11-14-2005, 02:27 AM
Seems to me...
YOU, Assume too much! In saying that, please remember you're entitled to your opinion, unfortunately for YOUR sake, not everyone shares it! :disgusted
As for getting the "word" out...
I think those "closely" involved with TGSE have done their very best to "pepper" these boards with information "they" see fit to share with the buying public. If it's "advertising" you think they need, then I'm quite sure "The Jam" would be interested in hearing from them about "paid" advertising on this site!

SuperShafts
11-14-2005, 03:40 AM
No! actually seems to me IF money is what it's about that's pretty damned sad. Lets use your point, how much money would be worth while to keep a site that has absolutely no racing venue at all on long island. Not so hard to imagine at all.

However it's not advertizing that is needed, but actually people like yourself that are a fan of motorsports on long island...getting out and supporting this, not sitting home saying it'll never happen

LongIslandJam
11-14-2005, 05:08 AM
Actually we were going to post something Front Page today to remind them of the scheduled meetings.

In addition:

#1) you guys never send us any press releases.

#2) you guys never answer any questions clearly, just with a "hmm, we'll consider it."

While you guys are doing a great job promoting it so far, your plans and your marketing strategy seems murky.

I'll sticky the thread about the meetings for you, but this is my advice...

allhailunc
11-14-2005, 05:24 AM
As Billy Sol Hargus would say-"Someone give me a BIGGG Amen" :disgusted

Charlie's Angel
11-14-2005, 10:19 AM
As for the Jam not taking this seriously is ridiculous. The meetings are all my husband has been talking about. He read about them here on the Jam. The dates, times and locations were listed for some time now. This is a Long Island Racing site.

Instead of taking jabs at the Jam and it's staff why not just PM JA and nicely remind him to sticky it. I'm sure he would be more than happy to do it. With all that he has going on perhaps it just didn't occur to him to do it.
I'm not sure if you know it or not but he does have a life outside this site. Although you wouldn't know it being that he spends almost of all of time with it. He does have a regular job as well.

I think JA and his staff of volunteers(that's right.. they don't get paid) do a great job.

It's just so easy for people to pick apart the things that aren't done to their own liking.
JMO

DAN D.
11-15-2005, 12:33 AM
Well said, BROZ, JA, ANGEL, WJ, ALLHAILUNC.

SuperShafts
11-15-2005, 07:30 AM
Actually we were going to post something Front Page today to remind them of the scheduled meetings.

In addition:

#1) you guys never send us any press releases.

#2) you guys never answer any questions clearly, just with a "hmm, we'll consider it."

While you guys are doing a great job promoting it so far, your plans and your marketing strategy seems murky.

I'll sticky the thread about the meetings for you, but this is my advice...

1st that is not true...anything you want to know TGSE or i have told you, any question got answered...i have told hundreds and hundreds of people what is going on, i have pictures, information, actual facts among other information and i have invited all that want to know more to come down and see it for yourself, that included civic leaders that like others just didn't show up to see it or hear it...

Was great to see that W. Johnston was there and did support it.

As for the getting paid part here as to putting a post concerning dates and info into a sticky, i am a admin on a few sites..why because i want to see that things get done correctly, IF i was a admin on a site with 1 little track left on the whole of long island you wouldn't need somoeone from that particular place or another concerned individual like myself to tell you whats going on but you would 1st and foremost hear it from me.
I don't get paid to drive all over to different cars shows and other places where people meet and inform them whats going on about this proposal, i don't get paid to put all this info in my shop and spend countless hours explaining this to many many people, some are customers, and just others that are told you want to see, you want to know more and everything going on come down and talk and look for yourself. Im not being paid to come here and make sure you all know whats going, but im damned concerned about having a top class star facility, im damned concerned about having SOMEWHERE to go on LONG ISLAND, im damned concerned and took the time out to find out about all the little stipulations on RH raceway...i know it will not be there forever and i know im not about to let something slip from my lifetime because i was like lots of others and said " i'll believe it when i see it" well that kind of l;ack of support will guarantee there will be nothing on long island.

Do i really need to tell someone hey sticky this so EVERYONE is sure to see it.. Are you concerned?

Charlie's Angel
11-15-2005, 09:17 AM
"Do i really need to tell someone hey sticky this so EVERYONE is sure to see it.. Are you concerned? "

Apparently the answer to this was YES. Not really a big deal. You asked and it was done. What it took all of 2 minutes.

I appreciate all the info that comes from Topgun. I also read about the meetings in Suffolk Life. That's why it is such a good thing that the Jam exist for people like yourself and Topgun to post on and have hundreds of people see it.

I was at the meeting last night. Of course in support of it. I saw WJ there too. I thought Joe Larsen spoke very well on support of the track. We will be at the other 2 meetings as well.