PDA

View Full Version : coolant for Mutha

rcp_ny
11-14-2005, 09:51 AM
Since the rules say this:

ANTIFREEZE- Will not be allowed until Nov/Dec/Jan events

I assume we can have antifreeze (looks like we'll need it starting Thursday!). Just wondering if there's going to be any limits checked for such as percentage or whatever. I recall Billy mentioning a specific maximum percentage last winter.

NEETS-1
11-14-2005, 11:18 AM
Antifreeze is always a concern, especially when the nights temps may dip down below 32 degrees. It is actually a track rule more than a NEETS rule. We try to respect the track wishes.
Antifreeze is very hard to clean up off the track, plus it will deteriorate the asphalt, not even mentioning how slippery and dangerous it makes it.
Naturally I do not want anyones motors to freeze up, but at the same time we have to respect the tracks rules. I always recommend that on race day if the temps are not going to be below 32 until night....drain the antifreeze into gallon jugs, go out and race...then add it back in. If it is very cold, such as a steady 10 degrees...then keep it in all day and we'll just have to deal with it.
So, In a nutshell, the antifreeze situation will be governed by best judgemant rather than a written rule.
My advice for this weekend as of right now would be; If you have it in now...leave it in for Saturdays events, but drain it for Sunday and re-add after the big features for the trip home.