PDA

View Full Version : Public Hearing #1

CIN
11-14-2005, 10:39 PM
The first public hearing is behind us and I believe for the whole racing community it was a great success. The place was packed. A few local residents, but the rest racers of everykind. Oval, Drag, Street, ATV, Motocross, Go-Kart, Roadcourse. Everyone respected everyone else.

A Thank You goes out to Mr. Steve Levy. He gave a great speech.

But I have to say the speech that brought the whole auditorium to their feet, was that of Joe Larsen. Excellent. (I would love to have a copy)

But to everyone who was there and to those that could not attend for whatever reason...Come out next week...this is not over...we need the support...if you can not make it, send a note to Steve Levy, to the Yaphank Review Committee (I don't have their address, but if you need it let me know and I will find it out & post it)

See next thread for date time and place of next meeting.

Thanks to all, with the support we should get this to be a done deal.
And that would be great for all of us.

Cin

DOR 58 FIGURE 8
11-14-2005, 11:34 PM
First off, I have to agree with you 110% Cindy, :applause: Joe Larsen did give the Best Speech. :applause: Your speech was pretty damn good too, Cindy. But when Joe was done I was very proud to be there, supporting the NASCAR side of racing. I mean racing is racing and if you support racing you should support all kinds of racing. But I was a little disappointed that there weren't more oval track drivers, crews, fans and their family's there tonight. Who knows how much longer Riverhead is going to be around for, and this new track isn't going to be built over night. Now is the time to be heard! Those Drag racers were there in large number because they don't have a place to race here on Long Island, and we could be in their shoes one day. I just hope that the Second Public Hearing there are alot more oval racers there, to support all kinds of racing!

CIN
11-14-2005, 11:57 PM
Yeah, I would like to see more oval racers there too! I know there were quite a few street racers there too and in talking to them on one of their sites they plan on getting more there next time and will be more organized with better speeches and more facts and figures....

The thing is even if this gets approval we are looking at probably 3-5 years before complete. Who know's what can happen it that span of time.

Cin

Charlie's Angel
11-15-2005, 09:25 AM
I have to agree with the others. Joe spoke very well. He came prepared and made very valid points. I want to personally thank him for taking the time to come and stand up for this project. It made me proud to be part of such a great racing community.

Cindy you also came prepared. You gave an excellent speech. Charlie and I plan on attending the next two meetings as well.

Like Dorothea said.. I too wish that more oval track racers were present. It was nice to see the passion behind some of these speeches. We need solidarity. Just like all the others have been saying, we could be where drag racers are.. without a track at all. Please try to come to the next two meetings everyone. It really is an important forum for us to say our peace. We may not have another opportunity.

Again,, thanks, Joe,Cin and the others who spoke last night.

tgse
11-15-2005, 12:39 PM
My sincere thanks walter and a fabulously worded story:

EVERYONE READ THIS AND DO EXACTLY WHAT HE IS SAYING!!!

we need just as many if not more people at the next two meetings

Pete S.
CEO
Top Gun Entertainment Inc.

DOR 58 FIGURE 8
11-16-2005, 02:41 PM
If anyone wanted the address to send Letter's, E-mail's and Fax's must do so BEFORE November 25.

By Mail:
Suffolk County Department of Planning
H. Lee Dennison Building- Fourth Floor
Veteran's Memorial Highway
P.O. Box 6100
Hauppauge, New York 11788-0099

By E-mail:
Planning@co.Suffolk.ny.us

By Fax:
(631) 853-4044

PLEASE Send them something and make the next 2 meetings.