CIN
11-14-2005, 10:47 PM
Second Public Hearing For the Yaphank Site will be:

Monday, November 21st 7-9 pm

Suffolk County Community College
Selden Campus
Shea Theater
Nicolls Rd, Selden

LIE to exit 62N to Nicolls Rd follow to campus.

CIN
11-15-2005, 03:00 PM
We need people to come out to the next meeting and show support for this facility. One suggestion might be to make up signs that say something to the effect of: LONG ISLAND FAMILIES FOR RACING/SPORTS AND ENTERTAINMENT!!!!!!

Look forward to seeing alot more oval track racers there!!!!!!!!!!!!!

tgse
11-15-2005, 04:17 PM
We need people to come out to the next meeting and show support for this facility. One suggestion might be to make up signs that say something to the effect of: LONG ISLAND FAMILIES FOR RACING/SPORTS AND ENTERTAINMENT!!!!!!

Look forward to seeing alot more oval track racers there!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YES-YES-YES CIN we need twice as many people next week

we also need handheld--handwritten signs stating

"LI deserves a family sports park"

"This is a LI issue not a Yaphank issue"

" NO one wants more industrial buildings and stores"

also was told a little less "racing" and a lot more "family destination"

otherwise great job guys keep it up----bring your neighbors, friends, kids, parents, grandparents etc

ask the local businessmen in your area to come speak about the positive impact for LI buinesses

2 more meetings--please take the time to show---this is the one and only and last chance for a facility like this on LI

CIN
11-17-2005, 08:27 PM
TO ALL WHO PLAN ON ATTENDING THIS NEXT PUBLIC HEARING:

We have voiced our opinions for racing at this new facility. The powers that be have gotten that message. Now as racers we have to come out and support the rest of what would be offered. If you do get up to speak at the hearing:
1) have something scripted, so that you know what you want to say.
2) speak about the indoor sports arena, where you could also catch a hockey game, or see a concert, talk about the batting cages, minature golf, bumper boats, the different theme restaurants - where your kids might be able to have their band play or you could catch a comedy show. The park for the little ones, walking trails with benches, trees and flowers. There is alot that this facility would offer besides racing. WE NEED!!!! TO EMPHASIZE THAT.
3) talk about family spending time at a place like this.

Also, we need to be respectful of others opinions. Some people were intimated at the last meeting, some even felt threaten (there was mention that some people from the racing community verbally threatened some of the residents. WE CAN NOT HAVE THAT HAPPEN) We need to show that we are just like everyone else, hardworking, taxpaying citizens, that we just enjoy racing. But, that this facility will also be about more than just racing, it will have the entertainment that this Island so desperately needs.

And I realize that everyone likes to get up and voice their opinions. But we can not keep beating the same theme to death. If 50 people get up in favor of say theme restaurants, and no one speaks of the concert/sports arena than we end up with the same reaction that we had Monday, that it is ONLY about racing - it is not! FAMILY FAMILY FAMILY....

If you find that what you want to say is said again and again, then either rescript what you were going to say to another theme or just mail your comments to the county.

Cindy

Tower Man
11-19-2005, 10:33 AM
Regarding Monday night's meeting...

Any speakers should have their thoughts in order and not go on a tangent. Respect the opionions of those who disagree and by all means, avoid what I call meitis, or "what's in it for me".

Talk of the restaurants, the Pleasure Island theme park and how our families will have the opportunity to enjoy this for generations to come.

Talk of the tax revenues, the new jobs, seasonal and full time.

But most of all, present youselves in a manner which forces the committee to listen to what you have to say.

Good luck to all and I hope to see you at the meeting.

DAN D.
11-19-2005, 02:36 PM
maybe get some attendance statistics from Dorney Park, Great Adventure,Sesame Place, and present the #'s of Long Islanders that travel to those Parks, as well as the #'s of out of state visitors that willl bring$$ in.I think it would be great to keep LI's "spare family fun money" here on LI. As Tower Man stated keep the focus on family entertainment in a wide arrangement of activities vs the "Racing" motive,

cuzzzy59
11-21-2005, 07:28 AM
More riverhead racers are needed.i think maybe 25 that i know were in attendance last week.Maybe we should get eddie densieski to come!!! come on everybody involved at riverhead make a show of strength tonight and next week,You never know what can come out of this. We all have wondered what a new facility would be like,so lets stop getting black flagged for no reason and make your presence known it might be our last chance. :help: