PDA

View Full Version : Tommy Baldwin Jr......

Mortgage Guy
11-15-2005, 03:10 PM
Has left Evernham Motorsports(as per JAYSKI).........Let's see where he lands, this should be exciting.

LongIslandJam
11-15-2005, 04:39 PM
What do you guys think?

Petty Enterprises? Or maybe he'll start his own team for Busch or Truck... What do you think?

hollywoodmic
11-15-2005, 04:44 PM
RYR with his old buddy Eddie D'Hondt and Elliot Sadler would be my guess. What a great combo they would be. It's unfortunate that things didn't go the way they should've gone at Evernham. I wish Tommy Jr. the best and hope he lands where he can be happy.

RacinRob
11-15-2005, 05:13 PM
I think he may try for a job more like Robbie Loomis got at petty. But if not RYR.

LongIslandJam
11-15-2005, 06:26 PM
Answer from Jayski:

Tommy Baldwin, Team Director of the #9 Dodge Dealers/UAW Dodge Charger, will serve as a team consultant at Miami before moving on to pursue his dreams of running his own team. "Tommy will be leaving Evernham Motorsports to hopefully start his own operation," added Evernham. "He's very interested in being a team owner, and I want to help him get started just like Rick Hendrick helped me get started. I've known Tommy since he was 10 or 11 years old, and wish him the very best in the future."
"I appreciate the opportunity to work with Ray for several years," said Baldwin. "I've learned an awful lot from him. I also appreciate him letting me move on and helping me accomplish what I want to accomplish in the future. I came to Ray some time ago and told him this is what I've wanted to do. He didn't have any problems with that. He was in the same position with Rick (Hendrick) when he wanted to move on. Ray has helped me through all this and helped my decision making. I'm thankful for his friendship. Kasey and I have talked about this," he added. "He's going to win plenty of races with me or without me. He just has a God-given talent. I'm not worried about that. I'm glad I've become really good friends with him, and hopefully we can carry that into the future."
The remaining positions within the new team structure at Evernham Motorsports are expected to be named in the next few weeks.

Wheel Racing
11-28-2005, 09:26 PM
It's official... Tom Baldwin Jr is the new crew chief for Elliott Sadler joining Eddie D'Hont at Yates Racing

Mortgage Guy
11-29-2005, 08:12 AM
Seems like someone in this post had the inside scoop, hmmmmmmmmmm. Well now I can start wearing all my M&M's stuff again, I will just have to get the markers out and change the # to 38 (lol).

Wheel Racing
11-29-2005, 09:30 AM
I think it's time to update the signature also. Kasey who?

Mortgage Guy
11-29-2005, 10:23 AM
Nope, I always was a Kahne fan and will still be no matter who his crew cheif is, it does make me laugh though that Kasey had all those problems and lawsuits with Ford and now Tommy goes to Ford, I doubt they will ever team up again. On the flip side I have always been a fan of Sadler so it's not that bad, at least he didn't end up with Jeff Gordon.. :applause:

TMAC
11-29-2005, 12:03 PM
thought they said he was going to robert yates racing

Rich Mergl
11-29-2005, 12:14 PM
Ooohhhh Boy !

Wheel Racing
11-29-2005, 04:24 PM
thought they said he was going to robert yates racing
If you mean Tommy , then see above. If you mean Kasey, then I doubt Ray would let him go.

Hey Mortgage Guy, Sadler is going to get over that hump now, unless Jarrett needs a swap again. Where did Todd Parrot go??