PDA

View Full Version : EKRA PHOTOS (Race DAy) SWAP MEET DAY

DAN D.
11-19-2005, 08:58 AM
after spending a few hours at the track the day of the swap meet, it was nice to see the energetic young drivers in all the karts from a organized club. There was the different divisions all ready for each event, cars lined up in the chute, team owners, pit crews, officials, all doing a very nice organized job of a day of kart racing. I really should spend a few more sundays watching those days , It brings me back to the 12 years that I raced 1/4 midgets with NQMA (nassau quarter midget association)1965-1977. our club raced at roosevelt field, then mitchell field where the coliseum is located. I would also like to say after seeing the Photos of the day taken by LONGISLANDJAM.COM'S Jon Keo , the photos were of excellent quality ,many , many pictures also.As most of you know it is strictly volenteer work by the Jam staff, with the main purpose to promote Long Island Racing in all manners. Thank God we still have Riverhead Raceway,(even though I think it is too large to run karts.. my opinion only)Medford was a nice size. Anyway thats my thoughts for the day, continue the great work EKRA ,LIJAm, and Riverhead . Below is a pic of me 35 years ago .. wow time flies
Dan Dombal

Tower Man
11-23-2005, 05:17 PM
Dan, you still look the same...lol