PDA

View Full Version : Black Friday shopping is like a...

BlingxBling
11-26-2005, 08:01 PM
Neets Event! Only the strong survive, you have to be slightly crazy to participate, making a pit stop outside of your original plan will result in a loss for the day, but even if you don't come out ahead when the day is over, you still had A LOT of fun. My experience this year went pretty well, spent a decent amount of money, got several of gifts to start off the holiday shoppin season.

People stood in line as early as Midnight, and waited in excess of 5 hours for the stores to open. 5am struck at many stores and the doors flew open, the crowds went in a full sprint looking for items such as portable dvd players, $199 notebook computers, tv's, xbox 360's (haha yeah right!! Not this month people!), cabbage patch dolls (the return of the early 80's??), and any other item you could possibly think of. The malls had hour+ long register lines in every store. I am glad that everyone I delt with were in the holiday mood, happy and cheerful. I wish I could say the same about the people that were in the Wal-mart Electronics center. A lady got plowed over and her arm broken, a lady in a wheel chair managed to get pushed out of the way, while a guy and girl fought over an item that resulted in the guy punching the lady in the stomach! Sometimes you are just better off sitting and watching all of the entertainment, NAH! I hope many of you had as much luck as I did shopping. See you all at the banquet!

White Lightnin
11-26-2005, 11:56 PM
Which Walmart was that? Hazleton or Wilkes-Barre? :)

BlingxBling
11-27-2005, 02:42 AM
Wilkes-Barre and Dickson City

RGeeProductions
11-27-2005, 08:18 AM
What'cha get me???? LOL

BlingxBling
11-28-2005, 03:41 AM
Richie...christmas gifts are a surprise DUH! Ha-ha, I got you a 29lb butter ball turkey to make up for any missed turkey that wasn't eaten for any of the previous holidays! :lol: :lol: :lol: :wave:

pv18
11-28-2005, 08:39 AM
You can shop from the comfort of your home with only your credit card to worry about.

Pat

RGeeProductions
11-28-2005, 09:11 AM
***** a 29lb turkey won't fit in my deep fryer!!!!!!!!

rcp_ny
11-28-2005, 11:26 AM
Wow, that does sound like a NEETS event.

Although personally I'd rather run in NEETS than battle the shopping crowd... at least we have rules throw red flags now and then. :)

SmallCar18
12-04-2005, 04:48 AM
Unless they put a Harbor Freight or Tractor Supply Company in a mall you won't catch me anywhere near one. I'll watch the morons on the news.

BlingxBling
12-13-2005, 08:58 PM
Pat, HA-HA! There is a reason why I am not allowed to stop on channel 99 or any other home shopping networks of any kind. I would be in some serious debt. You get to pay all that money each year to health insurance. Might as well use it once in a while, tee hee hee. :lol: From a female's perspective, battle scars from a shopping experience are some times worth showing off. Ha ha!