PDA

View Full Version : HOLIDAY "WISH" LIST

CIN
11-27-2005, 11:45 AM
Ok. It's that time of year again...what do all the "GOOD" little boys and girls want this year?

I'll start: Nice warm boots and gloves to go to PA...for the Beaters with Heaters... :)

Who's next?

Cin

RGeeProductions
11-27-2005, 02:45 PM
A longer racing season. After Wall this weekend, I need more Modifieds!!!!!!!!

CIN
11-27-2005, 03:32 PM
Well maybe Yaphank can provide that wish

LongIslandJam
11-27-2005, 03:48 PM
Richie, what you asking for? We need a break!! LOL

Man, we're such addicts here, but admittedly, deep down inside I want some more racing too...

BWR
11-27-2005, 08:46 PM
wish list hum??? a nice bb car for our team,sponsors (homedepot is 90% there)and a good crew chief!!!!! :D

maestri fan 1
12-01-2005, 02:28 PM
What I really want for my wish list, is a ride in anything but a figure 8 in 2006. Unfortunately I don't know who can help me with that. OH WELL!!!

unowho243
12-01-2005, 03:16 PM
a ride in 06 in a BB car! Ive got talent all i need its a ride.

RacinRob
12-01-2005, 03:46 PM
to get the time and some extra cash to start BB racing.

Lad3der
12-01-2005, 06:28 PM
a few sponsors to help in my spt efforted

chrome horn
12-01-2005, 08:21 PM
Riverhead to have 2 tour shows

allhailunc
12-02-2005, 05:24 AM
Better "turn-outs" both competitors&fans alike

art11758
12-02-2005, 10:13 AM
As long as we are "wishing", I'm looking forward to the 30% correction in the real estate market so I can get another house so I have a place to build some of my ideas. And empty all the stuff thats currently residing in my apartment to a slightly more suitable location.

Jones44
12-05-2005, 05:27 AM
Time trials for ALL divisions, EVERY week. Consi if necessary, no provisionals. :D

Teds Race Tours
12-05-2005, 11:37 AM
Heats in every division, every week, including the WMT. 4 WMT events in 06 at Riverhead in 06'. Hey, it's MY wish, why not wish BIG. Hey, I'm not done. How about a TVMRS event or 2 while we're at it. And an ROC Series Race. And maybe a Southern Modified Event. Oh, and definately an All Star 300 at the Head. How about the TB Memorial to end up on an off weekend of the WMT so some of those guys can come play. And how about a Big modified race in late October on a Sunday afternoon, and A Big modified race in March on a Sunday Afternoon to make the off season that much shorter.
And while I'm rambling, how about a Trophy Queen at Riverhead. I'm thinking that a real good idea. And no rain in 06 on Saturdays, NONE. And at least one race where Mike E starts 15th in a 35 lapper, and passes 14 cars on the outside in a green to checkered race. How about Halpin behind the Mic with Finan a few more times in 06', that would be fun. Ya know what, I think I need a few extra Modified races, so how about some Twin Feature Nights for the Mods, EVERY WEEK, Unless they have 3 Features for the Mods. I guess that'll do it. Not too much to ask for.

LongIslandJam
12-05-2005, 05:32 PM
No Twins! It's hell for teams, but fun for fans I got to admit. But if you want high car counts don't do it.

No Time Trials! Good for teams, but bad for fans. Nothing more boring than a follow the leader race. If they want to make it interesting invert the top 10 and then you'll get a good race. Then time trials may work.

Just my friendly opinion:)

jimmy'z
12-05-2005, 07:12 PM
i'm hoping to just find four bassett rims that will fit on my truck :D

Wheel Racing
12-05-2005, 08:26 PM
How about:
*Modifieds: 2-100 lappers, 2-Tour shows, 2-Twin 35 lappers
*Late Models: 2-50 lappers, 1-100 lapper
*Charger,Truck,Blunderbust:1-50 lap non points feature to end the season
(JA, if time trials slow the show down, then how about picking a starting spot out of the hat for the heat races and then racing for starting position. Handicap the features from the finishes of the heat races. It will probably be more fun for the fans to watch a heat race that means something, especially in a longer distance race)
*Figure 8- enough cars to run heat races
*Big Wheel races for the kids(random kids ticket holders chosen to participate)
*How about bring back the old style tug of war from Islip Speedway( remember Fig 8 vs Modified). This time mix it up(BB vs Charger, LM vs Mod, SPT vs Fig 8)
*Pit Crew Competitions for Bragging rights at the start/finish line

Just some thoughts

LongIslandJam
12-05-2005, 08:35 PM
What's a tug of war? Please explain:)

Wheel Racing
12-05-2005, 08:55 PM
You asked for it:
Tug of war or tug o' war, also known as rope pulling, is a sport that directly pits two teams against each other in a test of strength.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tug_of_war

Hope that helps. LOL

RACENUT
12-05-2005, 09:05 PM
No Circus Acts And Have All Divisons Race Every Week.

Gravel
12-05-2005, 09:10 PM
For everyone to have a safe and healthy season with all our friends able to be there.

Racer53
12-06-2005, 01:35 AM
A 100 lapper would be cool... I'm gonna hope for a Mod Tour car or a Championship in the LM's.

LongIslandJam
12-06-2005, 04:45 AM
Neal,

You mean a literal tug of war?

allhailunc
12-06-2005, 05:27 AM
Neal-you know you gots to explain everything to these here college gradjeettes.they know "NADA" :lol:(only thing he ever had a "tug of war" with was the box around one of them "belly Bombers") I also have to go with Jones-best damn show I've ever seen was at Langley in VA every division ran time trials&had one "Last chance" qualifier.that show ran so smooth it wasn't funny.way too many good cars get "FUBAR" in the qualifying heats and never make it to the main.The idea,though, of heats for the F-8's is great too.hey old timers(you too Walt) remember when we used to have those heats on the ovals? :applause: While all our ideas are great the true thing i hope for is that we all see each other in good health so we can get back together next year&start griping :lol: (one of our aircraft is missing-we hope he's ok).May the good Lord bless each and every one of you and your families too. :)

Wheel Racing
12-06-2005, 07:51 AM
Neal,

You mean a literal tug of war?

Absolutely! It was a blast. It was a great chance to see my favorite drivers up close as a kid from the grandstands. I know some people hate the "circus acts", but what better way to draw attention to the real racing , then to have the drivers participate in some of the acivities. If you can't beat em, join em. Who knows, some of those fans may come back just to see their new favorite drivers more often.Sometimes all it takes is a connection with somebody to make a fan feel like coming back,like they belong.Why do you think people come out to see Slim Jim do rollovers,bus races etc?? He embraced his fan base through these events and is now probably one of the most popular and recognizable figures in the pit area.Why fight it?

Teds Race Tours
12-06-2005, 10:56 AM
Not to get off subject, but I remember a Bicycle race in the late 70's at Riverhead. They had 10 bikes, and put the Riverhead drivers on them for 1 lap around the track. I believe Robin Vollmoeler won the race. I remember 1 Bike's front tire got bent from the weight of some heavy driver, but don't remember who that was.

They used to do cool stuff all the time, but with the drivers, not outside acts that come it. During intermission, they'd have a bunch of mods on the track, and kids could get a lap around the track inside the mod, not at full speed of course, but I'm sure all of kids became life long fans at that very moment.

randomrodder
12-06-2005, 07:22 PM
Islip Speedway back <sniffle>

CIN
12-06-2005, 10:09 PM
Ok, My Big One

Suffolk County To Give The Ok To Top Gun To Build The Sports And Entertainment Facility In Yaphank.....racin Racin Racin

Teds Race Tours
12-06-2005, 11:23 PM
Yeah, what Randomrodder says!!!!

art11758
12-07-2005, 08:52 AM
Yeah, what Randomrodder and Hampton Jitney says!!!!

randomrodder
12-07-2005, 02:37 PM
What? No ostridge races? Boy, they sure made us all laugh, I recall Fredie Harbach nearly falling off one, almost brought tears to my eyes.
BTW, I never intro'd. I'm The Bullfather's old man.