PDA

View Full Version : Rules and other changes for 2006 Season

rpkulik
11-28-2005, 05:31 PM
Since we're talking rules changes, I thought I'd start a new thread. Here's a chance to have some input.

Red Flags: While the infield flagger in turn 3 worked well, it loooks a little dangerous. I think a few rotating red beacons, one in the T3 infield and on the outside wall of turn 4 would help.

Anti-freeze: It just isn't worth it. I feel bad for the few cars that had frozen motors and didn't make the race, but that doesn't justify the carnage at the Mutha. We might need some kind of antifreeze collection point or something to keep it out of the pits.

Pit safety: We need additional lighting at the track entrance. A pedestrian got clocked there during the Mutha. The car wasn't going fast (although some were), he just didn't see him.

Rough riding: This is Enduros, so we have to accept a certain lack of skill, but we don't need a rolling demo derby either. Hopefully, this can be addressed without a rules change. Maybe drivers could be penalized at the next race by starting in the back of the field. Of course, we could find a black flag and actually wave it :p . To be fair, the flagger and other track officials have their hands full.

What do you think?

WEEZER
11-28-2005, 08:47 PM
Maybe Billy shouldn't allow cars to have RED flags on them during the race. In the 4cyl race, a car had a huge red flag waving from the trunk. When I'm coming down the straights, I look into the corners (as fast as I can) in case I need to go low/hi or infield due to a pile up, when you look briefly and see the red flag, your first instinct is to stop/slow, which could allow a car behind you to rear end you. By the way RPKULIK, I've never seen a car smoke as bad as yours, as long as it did, Sat. and Sunday. What was it and is the motor blown??

spier racing 93
11-28-2005, 08:53 PM
I don't think its just the big red flag, I think it is all BIG flags. I think they cause more of a distraction then is needed. Maybe not allow BIG flags?

Also, is it possible to get one or two of those big concrete barricade things that make up the wall in the infield frontstretch area? Maybe a "safe" area could be made in turn 3/4 for a flagger?

Just a couple ideas...

rpkulik
11-28-2005, 09:05 PM
I had a missing breather on the right and a ruptured power steering line on the left. So both manifolds were covered in oil. At first, I didn't think the smoke was from me, then I thought I was on fire! In the challenge the power steering line went before I even got on the track and my makeshift breather didn't get it done, then I overheated and spun a bearing. I almost pulled out of the heat, and I only got 2 or 3 laps in the Challenge before a radiator hose blew up. Then I ran in the Mutha for about 50 laps before I threw a rod through the oil pan. What a weekend! :disgusted I'll be running the backup car, a 1983 Cutlass #X17 in the BWH.

I apologize to anyone who was smoked out. I don't have good rearward vision in that car, so I couldn't tell how bad it was. I was looking for the black flag after I realized it was me, but the car was running well, so I kept at it.

I hope to have the #266 repowered and smoke-free at the April Fools race.

WEEZER
11-28-2005, 09:47 PM
Geez, my weekend was a charm compared to you, but at least you kept plugging along, good job!!

Sac-Man
12-03-2005, 11:27 PM
The big red flag was something I came up with at 10:30 pm after putting back a few frosties. :-B I went to get an old bed sheet and had three choices, Black, Light Blue, or Red. My car used to be all red and red seemed the logical choice. I really wanted to put a big white 6 on it but didn’t have the time or resources. The guys I associate with have been running enduros awhile and running flags I guess since Flemington. One of the previous races I had a white and purple Hoosier Flag. When you had a manual scorer you really wanted them to be able to easily see you. You have no idea how red with embarrassment my face was then the fans where directing the corner worker to take my flag. Sorry, I wasn’t looking for that kind of attention. :confused:

Sac-Man
:)

Richie
12-07-2005, 04:52 PM
Any attention is good.

nobandwagonhere
12-13-2005, 07:30 PM
Just out of curiosity, but do we have an idea roundabout when the 2006 rules will be posted? Thanx! :wave:

BlingxBling
12-13-2005, 08:29 PM
I do believe it will be within the next 2-3 weeks. After the meeting with the veterans, a decision will be made. From my understanding the rules for 2006 will take effect for the April race and not the BWH because that would not be fair to make changes to a race car in that short of time.