PDA

View Full Version : New Rules!!!???

ladydriver
11-28-2005, 08:12 PM
LISTEN WE DONT NEED NEW RULES JUST PEOPLE TO RACE BY THE OLD ONES!!!! :-| STOCK OR JUNK YARD MEANS STOCK!!! NO MODIFICATIONS PERIOD!!! :confused: A NO BRAINER (BESIDES SAFTY) I HEAR LOUD EXHAUST SYSTEMS ,I SEE SHAVED TIRES CUT OR LOWERED SUSPENSIONS, RACING OFF SET WHEELS ETC...AND I DEFINATELY HEAR MOTORS THAT ARE NOT STOCK SOME ARE DEFINATLY TURNING UP IN THE 6 THOUSAND RPM RANGE!!!(EVEN IF THESE CARS DONT MAKE THE TOP TEN THEY STILL PUT THE OTHER LEGAL CARS BEHIND THEM FURTHER BACK IN THE FINISHING ORDER) MOST OF US ARE RACERS BUT SOME ARENT AND IT DOES GET DISCOURAGING TO WALK AROUND AND SEE BLATENT RULE INFRACTIONS ! I THINK IF THE RULES SAY STOCK, THEN STOCK IT IS PERIOD . NO SHIMES IN THE FRONT END (MAKE YOUR TIRES LAST!) FUEL CELLS ARE TOO COSTLY(KEEP IT CHEAP) STOCK RIMS ONLY(NO RACING OFFSET WHEELS) AND TIRES WELL THATS A HARD ONE TO POLICE ( PUT A CLAIMER ON THEM IF THE TRACK THINKS THEY ARE ILLEGAL THEY TAKE THEM PERIOD OR HELL JUST PUT A $750.00 CLAIMER ON THE CAR , AND AS FAR AS BILLY NOT WANTING TO TURN CARS AWAY, MABEY IF HE DID IT WOULD SET AN EXAMPLE !!THERE WERE CARS OUT THERE WITH BATTERING RAMS FOR FRONT ENDS AND COULD HAVE POSSIBLY TAKEN OUT OTHER DRIVERS WITH LEGAL CARS!!! THAT SUCKS!!!! FOR THE LEGAL GUY!! IF YOU WANT MODIFICATIONS RACE THE MONSTER CARS!!!
STOCK MEANS STOCK NOOOOOO MODIFICATIONS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
THATS JUST MY OPINION R COLLINS :applause:

richardpetey
11-28-2005, 09:43 PM
You truck drivers always get so testy, lol........................... :lol:
Tisk, Tisk, lets not fool with mother enduro................ :eek:
UNCLE PETEY........................... :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:
PS. Good job fighting your way through traffic at the Wall Gobbler, SUE..................... :applause:

JCenduro
11-28-2005, 10:13 PM
I agree stock is stock.No Vac,rule.Stock cam should pull at least 19 to 20.inches of vac, more on a healthy motor.Then you'll see cars slow down.Any cam bigger then stock in any way, lift ,lobe separation,or duration will not pull the required vac which is STOCK.THATS THE ONLY WAY TO KEEP EVERYONE FROM RUNNING THE 6 GRAND RPM AND GOING TOO FAST.THEY WILL RUN OUT OF TOP END REAL QUICK.Keep everything stock except nec, saftey items.No exceptions.If you give them an inch with the rules ,they will take the mile.STOCK PERIOD. :applause:

unowho243
11-28-2005, 10:42 PM
I agree completely and as a rookie competitor for next season I would rather have a fair race then be put in the wall or out ran by an illegal car.

NEETS-1
11-28-2005, 10:56 PM
Well...here it goes.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

First off....NO to front bars of any kind. This is supposed to be a series where your car should be cheap and radiators expendable. Get another for the next race for 10 or 20 bux.
My reasoning is it will keep you on your toes protecting your front end. A bar will give (some drivers) a feeling of invincibility and will maybe use the front end more. Bars in the back to protect the gas tank or cell....I will not argue safety as long as it is not built as to be used as weight.
The biggest problem our events have are the red flags rear end shots coming out of turn 4. In an effort to cure this problem I am going to place a truck between 3 and 4 with a fire police beacon on it with a flagger inside. I will call him on the radio to turn on the lights.....which in turn will save radiators. This vehicle will also have a siren so if for some reason you do not see the lights flashing....you may hear the siren.
Another solution may be to keep the third brake light in the back window shelf or install one for those cars that do not have one. This can be tried and if it does not work....snip the wire.
As far as the big motors go....I am not a dummy, I have seen and heard them. I have allowed some of them to run knowing that if they go through tech, they will be dqed. This will stop. I will have a series for these people if they want to run big motors....Monster Cars.
I am going to install a vacuum rule to thwart these people from the stock class. It will be in the range of 17" of vacuum @ 1000 rpm. Most stock motors are around 18-22". Very easy to check. There will be NO % ALLOWANCE.....if you are under 17"...you are illegal. A vacuum test will be done to all cars in the money after the event.
The 2006 series will also see PERMANENT CAR NUMBERS. I went nutz doing the points figuring who was who...in what car. I got all of them right but it took me twice as long as it should of.
Another problem was the carnage with races that had over 70,80,90 cars in them. When a race had 60 cars or less...it was great racing. Any more than that....it took the fun out. I am going to split the fields into an "A" and "B" class for each division if there is more than 60 or 70 cars in it. Our series is growing fast and I foresee many more cars joining us this year. We had over 400 different drivers register and drive in our events this year, (What other series can say that)? I am not sure if I will just split it down the middle or figure a way to place the veterans in one class and rookies in another.
All of these ( and more not mentioned) are my ideas on how to improve an already great series. I am going to have a meeting with my veterans that have been with me since "day 1" after the banquet. We will exchange our ideas and I will post the rule changes I think will better our racing.

ladydriver
11-29-2005, 03:20 PM
:applause: billy to the rescue!!!!!!!! :applause: