PDA

View Full Version : 1992 photos

nobandwagonhere
12-01-2005, 06:59 PM
Just a shot in the dark, but can anyone lead me to any blunderbust photos from 1992? Thank you. :wave:

Wheel Racing
12-01-2005, 07:18 PM
Looking for anything in particular?? I probably have some pictures from the early 90's.

nobandwagonhere
12-01-2005, 08:57 PM
No, the avatar is my last train race of last year. I guess we didnt win. :help: Donny...not Brian. But I was hoping to find some pics of Frank Curtis # 0 Blunderbust. I have some but I was hoping for racing shots. Anything will be helpful. :wave:

Wheel Racing
12-01-2005, 09:55 PM
I will check mine and my fathers picture stash. I turned plenty of laps against Frank and I am sure I have something for you.I think we finished 1-2 four different times in 1992.

vsmidge68
12-02-2005, 09:54 AM
Hey D I looked last night and all I found was victory lane pics...HAHA :drool: :) :p :lol: :applause: :wave: I have one of someone spinning in front of him but it's a newspaper clipping. Can you imagine? what kind of wife am I? do NOT answer that please!!

vsmidge68
12-06-2005, 11:42 AM
Hey Neal,
Just interested to see if you have any of those pics... please let us know soon if possible. Thanks :)

Wheel Racing
12-06-2005, 05:47 PM
I'm trying! Sorry for the delay. All I found in my stash was some pics of Al Warren. My father is going through his pictures this week.I thought I had more, They must be in storage. I will keep trying and let you know.

Wheel Racing
12-07-2005, 05:27 PM
So far this is the best we can come up with.If you want me to email them just let me know.
wheelracing@optonline.net

vsmidge68
12-10-2005, 05:58 AM
Thanks Neal..nice pics!! We appreciate it!! Vicki :) If you could email them it would be great!! Thanks again!! :wave:

Wheel Racing
12-10-2005, 08:51 AM
No problem, I just need e-mail addresses to send them to

Tracy87BB
12-10-2005, 11:07 AM
Man, Neal, I remember those days...when the BB cars were the last feature of the night...and ran under the lights every week. I was actually having that conversation with someone (it might have even been you...ha ha) at the track this past season...how many of the BB guys running now actually have experience running under the lights? While it is nice in some aspects having your show over early so that you can enjoy watching the rest of the divisions, a part of me always missed being under the lights...

If it wasn't for the BB being the last feature, Chris never would have pulled off the night in 1992 or 1993 when he blew his motor in practice, loaded the car up and drove home to Southold, and he and Jason McGarry changed the motor and made it back to the track in time to run the feature...ha ha.

Anyway, thanks for the memory...

By the way, Neal, I was up in my attic last week and came across the 2001 "homemade" BB championship trophy...I sure hope you don't need any of those parts back...I didn't remember that there was more than one part with YOUR number on it!

Wheel Racing
12-10-2005, 09:20 PM
Hey Tracy, I remember the tie-rod end and I forget the second part. It's killing me. Please help.

BTW that was a beautiful piece that Chris created. That absolutely was the highlight of the banquet that year

Tracy87BB
12-10-2005, 09:37 PM
I'd venture to guess you're not "missing" a trailing arm...you must have found a replacement one (maybe one that wasn't broken...ha ha). :lol:

Wheel Racing
12-10-2005, 10:01 PM
Ah yes, it's all coming back to me now. I figured I would just give Chris a solid piece of steel to base his creation around. LOL. Thanx. Let's hope that we do not need to duplicate those efforts this season. I really would like to make a solid run at the big prize. Fingers are crossed!

Tracy87BB
12-10-2005, 10:54 PM
You know, as always, I wish you the best of luck. I'm really not planning on being around Riverhead too much this season (got a new campsite and some new neighbors at the campground...wink wink to my neighbors), so you would have to find someone else to hold the pieces...if you're hoping for one of those trophies, you'll have to collect the parts from everyone else. I'll make you a deal, though...if you have the parts and the need for it when all is said and done, I'll make sure that "MacGyver" over here makes YOU a championship trophy to put in the center of your table! Looks like you should have some tough competition, but that's what makes it fun...sure did that year! BTW, poet, your switch is still on my trophy, too...I can't believe I carried that thing in my pocket for all those weeks...ha ha! Poet, you actually started that, you know, "Don't let a $10 part cost you a championship..." And so the trophy was born...as I promised, if Chris won the championship, all of the "bad luck parts" the competition wanted to get rid of (including that switch) would be part of the championship trophy on my table!

Again, Neal, thanks for the memories...I'm smiling just thinking about it (and don't forget the ransom note...ha ha...I hope I don't have to remind you again)!

rabbid1
12-12-2005, 05:06 PM
Heres one , Happens to be Neal Jr ..... I liked that paint scheme

Tracy87BB
12-12-2005, 05:13 PM
Hey, I have that same picture, too (I think some culprit dropped it out of their pocket when they were at my house delivering ransom notes)...it's going in the collection that will hang on my son's bedroom wall as soon as we finish redoing his room right after Christmas! Ha ha...

If I'm not mistaken, that picture was from either 2001 or 2002...am I correct, Mr. Feola?

Wheel Racing
12-12-2005, 10:05 PM
2001 is correct! Maybe we should start a new thread with older pictures. Poet's nickname thread took off great, how about starting a thread with user posting some of their favorite older pictures?? I would love to see some older Turbush, Charlie J, etc pics. If somebody wants to get it started, I will do my best to keep it going.

Tracy87BB
12-12-2005, 10:49 PM
I'd actually love to see a picture of poet's old car...geez, I know I have one somewhere...somehow, between working and having a two-year-old, I can't seem to find the time to look for it (though I think I know where to find a certain News12 video...when we were all at the track at like 6 am or some ungodly hour)! C'mon, poet, I know you HAVE to have one somewhere! From the good ol' days when we all made the trip up to Flemington to run the BB cars...remember that? I think that was the first time I met you...ha ha!

vsmidge68
12-15-2005, 12:40 PM
Hey Neal,
Sorry it took me so long to get back to you. I got the pics you put on here. Thanks again. If you come across more I'll be glad to see them. My email address is [email]vsmidge68@aol.com. Thanks again and good luck next season!! :)