PDA

View Full Version : thunderbolt raceway,millville nj

TMAC
12-02-2005, 12:41 PM
in this weeks area auto racing,there is news that another motorsports park[on 500 acres!!!!!!!] won approval in southern jersey!get this they are to build a 4.1 mile road course and a tri oval track[a copy of richmond with seating for 10,000]with racing to start on road course by spring 2007,by 2011 there is going to be go-kart tracks,atv trails,a racing themed country club.cost 150 million dollars

PS THIS WAS AN OLD WW2 AIRPORT[NAMED MILLVILLE]WHERE THEY TRAINED PILOTS FOR THE P-47

DON'T WE HAVE AN AIRPORT OUT EAST? GRUMMEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CIN
12-02-2005, 01:10 PM
They tried their proposal out their - Riverhead town officials said no way...so what do we have thousand of acres sitting doing NOTHING>>>No money coming into anyone...If I lived in Riverhead I'd be asking my town officials to do something to generate some money from that property.

The Bullfather
12-02-2005, 01:18 PM
This location is as far as south Jersey as you can get, I've been down there for car shows and also friends in Vineland and Cape May. Millville is in the middle of nowhere land, not much around it, but it is close to Atlantic city which will help bring in races from all over!

art11758
12-02-2005, 01:44 PM
Yeah Millville is pretty rural. All two lane roads, mostly county maintained. There is a pretty sizeable manufacturing base which keeps folks busy. I don't know if the Silverton Corp. still hq's down there, but I'm reasonably sure that Wheaton and Owens Illinois still make lots of glass bottles there. As far as the AC draw..... there isn't really a direct route between the two. 55 is the "big" road down there and it goes to Philly. Best bet would be to head up towards Hammonton on 54 from Buena then take the AC expressway in. Of course I'm getting a little ahead of things here but since you mentioned it and all.... But Brdgeport isn't far and they have got a sizzlin' 5/8 mile dirt track there.
The debacle that is Calverton is how "public" land shouldn't be developed. JMO